Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

New leader; new challenge!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Jestertheclown
    16 Aug 2012 - 10:24 PM

OK then!

I've just accepted the 'Official Epz.' invitation to take over as leader of the group, so I guess that sorting this out could be my baptism by fire!
    Since there were only two valid entries in last week's challenge (apparently) and one of them was mine, I can hardly pick a winner so perhaps we'd best forget that it ever took place and start afresh.
    So!
    Since it falls to me to choose a subject I'm going to ask you all to come up with an image based on the theme: "Mechanical".
    By that I mean anything mechanical. Not just a shot of what's beneath the bonnet of your car, although that would count, think of mechanical things in a wider sense; mechanical fasteners, mechanical pens.
    The list goes on.

Usual rules apply,

1. The challenge is just for fun.
    2. All images must be taken after the theme is announced.
    3. All images must be uploaded by 8pm on Wednesday.
    4. All uploads must be B&W.
    5. Only one uploads per member.
    6. Please feel free to comment on the entries once judging is complete.
    7. The person who hosts is the judge for that week challenge and the judge’s decision is final.
    8. The winner gets to create, run and judge the challenge for the following week.
    9. Have fun!

Cheers,

Bren.

I should have added that this challenge will end at 8.00pm. on Wednesday 22nd August 2012.

Last Modified By Jestertheclown at 16 Aug 2012 - 10:31 PM
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    16 Aug 2012 - 10:24 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

cattyal
    cattyal e2 Member 85790 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    16 Aug 2012 - 10:30 PM

Congratulations on your new post Smile I won't be able to join in until I get home but normal-ish service from me will return at the end of the month.....

Jestertheclown
    16 Aug 2012 - 10:37 PM

Thanks Ali,
    That was all a bit fraught for a time there.
    I'll be back later, or more likely in the morning to introduce myself properly. Well, to the others anyway!

Sandgrouse
    16 Aug 2012 - 10:43 PM

Thanks Bren for taking over, I just don't have much spare time at the moment, really busy in the real world, i'm sure you do a great job

Cheers Rick

Jestertheclown
    16 Aug 2012 - 10:47 PM

I hope to Rick.

At least I can take it on secure in the knowledge that if I ever have a problem or encounter anything that I really can't solve, all I have to do is ask . . .

. . . anyone except you!

Last Modified By Jestertheclown at 16 Aug 2012 - 10:47 PM
    JawDborn
    JawDborn e2 Member 2687 forum postsJawDborn vcard England
    17 Aug 2012 - 10:37 AM

Full steam ahead, Cap't'n!

Jack

Jestertheclown
    17 Aug 2012 - 10:46 AM

Mornin' Jack.

Jestertheclown
    20 Aug 2012 - 7:15 PM

About time this got a bump!

Two days to go folks.
    The theme's 'Mechanical' which is an extremely broad subject so should give you plenty of scope.
    Images, as yet are very thin on the ground, so let's get thinking!

Bren.

Jestertheclown
    21 Aug 2012 - 8:13 PM

There are more entries this week than last but it would be great to see a lot more!

Come on folks. You've got another twenty four hours(ish) to come up with an idea and upload it to here.

Jestertheclown
    22 Aug 2012 - 3:59 PM

A gentle reminder that the current challenge will end tonight at 8.00pm.

The theme is "Mechanical."

Let's see what you can come up with!

Bren.

Jestertheclown
    22 Aug 2012 - 9:03 PM

So!
    Here we go then. Some good efforts there guys, so well done to all of you and thanks for taking part.
    The challenge seems to have been struggling of late because of a lack of entrants. I'm as big an offender as anyone but it's good to see a somewhat revived turnout.

I've looked at all of the entries and in no particular order:

WeeGeordieLass: I liked this. Clean simple and straightforward. Good contrast between the tones and it's all n focus. But! you've cropped it a bit tightly and chopped off a couple of bits.
    Wynn: Well spotted and captured. Nicely in focus but it's a little flat.
    Sandgrouse: Just made it. You were lucky I was late! Lots of tones in here. Plenty of contrast and good use of DoF.
    JawDborn: Another well contrasted shot. Not absolutely a 'proper' B/W image but pretty close.
    Gfereday: Nicely captured and processed. It's dated Wed 15th @12.11pm though. I didn't post the challenge until Thursday 16th. so I can't accept it.
    Don't be put off though. Please try again next time.
    ExT_Racer: Good use of contrast and I particularly liked the high key background. The perfect symmetry, apart from the writing, tells me that it's one side fliped over. I'd like to see the original.
    Digby: Excellent use of Dof. here. The sharpness where it's required is spot-on and there's great use of light and textures.

All of which means that I have to announce that this week's winner is Digby!

Thank you all again for taking part.
    Perhaps you can all tell your mates about it and next week's event will be overrun with entrants.

Bren.

JawDborn
    JawDborn e2 Member 2687 forum postsJawDborn vcard England
    22 Aug 2012 - 9:14 PM

Well done again, Hugh! You win the challenges as regularly as clockwork.

Thank you for hosting, Bren, and puttung so much effort into the judging.

Jack

Jestertheclown
    22 Aug 2012 - 9:44 PM

I suppose it's all a part of the game Jack.
    To tell the truth, this has been the first challenge of any kind that I've had to host and judge and in fact, the judging wasn't too difficult.
    I approached each image as if it had been posted in the critique gallery and looked, without being too critical, for its good points and any obvious faults. I've been doing that all week as they've been uploaded.
    What was more difficult was constantly having to bump the thread in the forum and hopefully keep some momentum going.

Anyway, it's Hugh's turn to chase it now!

Good luck!

Bren.

Digby
    Digby e2 Member 540 forum postsDigby vcard Wales
    22 Aug 2012 - 10:43 PM

Thank you, new challenge on its way.

Hugh

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.