Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

New magazine for tablets

CaptivePhotons 11 1.6k 2 England
28 Nov 2011 7:38AM
I have just found this new magazine Photographers i designed specifically for tablets (iPad only at the moment but android to follow soon) and on first glance it lookes quite impressive. It's not like other magazines insofar as it contains audio/video content and at 1.49 for the pilot issue it's certainly worth a look.

Be aware however that it is a 730mb download so a wireless connection is advised.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Big Bri 13 15.7k United Kingdom
28 Nov 2011 7:49AM
730Mb ? What's in it, the entire contents of the British Library ?

Tongue
keithh e2
11 23.4k 33 Wallis And Futuna
28 Nov 2011 10:04AM
Hot Air is very memory hungry, Bri.
Big Bri 13 15.7k United Kingdom
28 Nov 2011 10:12AM
ah right Smile
JJGEE 9 6.4k 18 England
28 Nov 2011 10:44AM
Well, I recognise the Editor-In-Chief's name... Michael Freeman... probably got one or two of his books somewhere around the house !

Whether it is full of Hot Air I have no idea but looking at their website I think Graham's suggestion that, if you have an iPad, it is worth a look is a good one.

Certainly appears to be a different approach to say, Amateur Photographer, Practical Photography etc, possibly more along the lines of the now monthly British Journal Of Photography ( BJP ) ?
CaptivePhotons 11 1.6k 2 England
28 Nov 2011 4:15PM
I never read the BJP but having had the magazine for a day I think the presentation is very good and the articles within are excellent.

I'd be interested to know which articles KH thinks are hot air.
cameracat 11 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
28 Nov 2011 5:38PM

Quote:interested to know which articles KH thinks are hot air

LOL....Smile Probably all of them....!

Not seen this mag myself, Don't have an iPad or an iAnything for that matter, But I do find the whole magazine for this and magazine for that concept, A tad bizzare.....Grin

Seems to me that no matter what the subject, Someone is doing a mag for it.....Despite the plethora of free information that is only a " Google Away " .....Wink

Ones that really crack me up are " Carp Weekly " Smile C'mon, Just how complex is a Carp, Its a fish, Bait your hook and dangle it in front of a hungry Carp, How hard is that.....Grin

Or bait the blighters to the surface and take them out with a 12 bore shotgun.....Sad

Simples....Wink
redsnappa 12 2.0k United Kingdom
28 Nov 2011 5:52PM

Quote:But I do find the whole magazine for this and magazine for that concept, A tad bizzare.
It's quite simple actually. It follows the same comercial model as the book publishing business. e.g a dfferent book for a different subject.
joolsb 10 27.1k 38 Switzerland
28 Nov 2011 8:07PM

Quote:Ones that really crack me up are " Carp Weekly "

I don't see why. Quite a few people here aren't content with a weekly and insist on an almost daily carp....

Wink
adrian_w e2
7 3.4k 4 Scotland
29 Nov 2011 9:41AM

Quote:Or bait the blighters to the surface and take them out with a 12 bore shotgun.....

As Stephen Fry once said ( in a different context) "Normal for Norfolk". Wink

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.