Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

New magazine for tablets

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    CaptivePhotons
    CaptivePhotons e2 Member 111548 forum postsCaptivePhotons vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
    28 Nov 2011 - 7:38 AM

I have just found this new magazine Photographers i designed specifically for tablets (iPad only at the moment but android to follow soon) and on first glance it lookes quite impressive. It's not like other magazines insofar as it contains audio/video content and at 1.49 for the pilot issue it's certainly worth a look.

Be aware however that it is a 730mb download so a wireless connection is advised.

Last Modified By CaptivePhotons at 28 Nov 2011 - 7:39 AM
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    28 Nov 2011 - 7:38 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Big Bri
    Big Bri  1315586 forum posts United Kingdom
    28 Nov 2011 - 7:49 AM

730Mb ? What's in it, the entire contents of the British Library ?

Tongue

keithh
    keithh e2 Member 1023041 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna33 Constructive Critique Points
    28 Nov 2011 - 10:04 AM

Hot Air is very memory hungry, Bri.

Big Bri
    Big Bri  1315586 forum posts United Kingdom
    28 Nov 2011 - 10:12 AM

ah right Smile

JJGEE
    JJGEE  96306 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
    28 Nov 2011 - 10:44 AM

Well, I recognise the Editor-In-Chief's name... Michael Freeman... probably got one or two of his books somewhere around the house !

Whether it is full of Hot Air I have no idea but looking at their website I think Graham's suggestion that, if you have an iPad, it is worth a look is a good one.

Certainly appears to be a different approach to say, Amateur Photographer, Practical Photography etc, possibly more along the lines of the now monthly British Journal Of Photography ( BJP ) ?

CaptivePhotons
    CaptivePhotons e2 Member 111548 forum postsCaptivePhotons vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
    28 Nov 2011 - 4:15 PM

I never read the BJP but having had the magazine for a day I think the presentation is very good and the articles within are excellent.

I'd be interested to know which articles KH thinks are hot air.

cameracat
    cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
    28 Nov 2011 - 5:38 PM

Quote: interested to know which articles KH thinks are hot air

LOL....Smile Probably all of them....!

Not seen this mag myself, Don't have an iPad or an iAnything for that matter, But I do find the whole magazine for this and magazine for that concept, A tad bizzare.....Grin

Seems to me that no matter what the subject, Someone is doing a mag for it.....Despite the plethora of free information that is only a " Google Away " .....Wink

Ones that really crack me up are " Carp Weekly " Smile C'mon, Just how complex is a Carp, Its a fish, Bait your hook and dangle it in front of a hungry Carp, How hard is that.....Grin

Or bait the blighters to the surface and take them out with a 12 bore shotgun.....Sad

Simples....Wink

redsnappa
    redsnappa  111916 forum posts United Kingdom
    28 Nov 2011 - 5:52 PM

Quote: But I do find the whole magazine for this and magazine for that concept, A tad bizzare.

It's quite simple actually. It follows the same comercial model as the book publishing business. e.g a dfferent book for a different subject.

joolsb
    joolsb  927115 forum posts Switzerland38 Constructive Critique Points
    28 Nov 2011 - 8:07 PM

Quote: Ones that really crack me up are " Carp Weekly "

I don't see why. Quite a few people here aren't content with a weekly and insist on an almost daily carp....

Wink

adrian_w
    adrian_w e2 Member 73355 forum postsadrian_w vcard Scotland4 Constructive Critique Points
    29 Nov 2011 - 9:41 AM

Quote: Or bait the blighters to the surface and take them out with a 12 bore shotgun.....

As Stephen Fry once said ( in a different context) "Normal for Norfolk". Wink

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.