Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

New monitor.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    danbrann
    danbrann e2 Member 10473 forum postsdanbrann vcard 15 Constructive Critique Points
    15 Dec 2011 - 1:46 PM

I think it's time I bought a new monitor.
    Which way Am I going to Go....make...size....price etc, supplier.?
    Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    15 Dec 2011 - 1:46 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

CathyT
    CathyT e2 Member 87276 forum postsCathyT vcard United Kingdom18 Constructive Critique Points
    15 Dec 2011 - 1:47 PM

Dell Ultrasharp 27"

conrad
    conrad  1010874 forum posts116 Constructive Critique Points
    15 Dec 2011 - 1:51 PM

The Philips Brilliance series offers what it says on the tin: brilliant monitors. I have a 22" from that series and am very happy with it. Reasonably priced as well.

Since I'm in the Netherlands, I won't suggest a supplier.

User_Removed
    15 Dec 2011 - 4:30 PM

Quote: Dell Ultrasharp 27"

I'll second that. I treated myself to a Dell U2711 27" Widescreen UltraSharp Computer Monitor about a month ago and I have to say that it is absolutely brilliant. At 469 it did seem a wee bit pricey but I am very happy with it.

The only downside is that it is widescreen which is a bit of a waste for photography purposes. I guess I'd rather have had another inch on the height and an inch less on the width. Mind you, I use it as half of a two-monitor set-up; maybe if I was using it as a single monitor, I'd welcome the extra width as it would allow me to comfortably have both my image and the PS palettes on the same screen.

Last Modified By User_Removed at 15 Dec 2011 - 4:34 PM
    CathyT
    CathyT e2 Member 87276 forum postsCathyT vcard United Kingdom18 Constructive Critique Points
    15 Dec 2011 - 4:33 PM

Beware, once you've got used to 27" then anything else just seems to small......Wink

DaveU
    DaveU e2 Member 81339 forum postsDaveU vcard England121 Constructive Critique Points
    15 Dec 2011 - 4:52 PM

It's not the size of the screen that counts, but the use you put it to ......

Can't fault my recently purchased Asus ProArt PA246Q .... only 24" though Wink

mikehit
    mikehit  56454 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
    15 Dec 2011 - 5:14 PM

I have just bought a 24" Dell Ultrasharp and am so pleased at the difference in quality. It is a 1920x1200 and photos that seemed tobe OK on my old 4:3 monitor seem so much sharper on this one. I am having to reassess quite a few pictures Smile

I may wish in the future that I had got the 27" (for the vertical height as LF says) but for now I am happy.

Gaucho
    Gaucho e2 Member 122260 forum postsGaucho vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    15 Dec 2011 - 5:45 PM

I have the 24" Dell as well and, likewise, am very pleased with it. I couldn't justify the cost of the 27" unfortunately.

Bucephalas69
    15 Dec 2011 - 6:01 PM

I have a Dell Untrasharp and I'm not very impressed with it.
    The viewing angle is a pain and if your not sitting at a perfect 90 degree to it, the highlights are off.
    Can never seem to get it calibrated properley either.

danbrann
    danbrann e2 Member 10473 forum postsdanbrann vcard 15 Constructive Critique Points
    15 Dec 2011 - 7:17 PM

Thanks so much. Its given me food for thought.

cameracat
    cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
    15 Dec 2011 - 7:33 PM

Quote: I have a Dell Untrasharp and I'm not very impressed with it

There are many variations in Dell monitors that are supposed to be the " Ultrasharp " models, Its all down to the type of panel that was fitted at the various factories.....Sad

You need to do some research on the actual panel fitted to your display, Because in general the Ultrasharp models are of the higher spec " IPS " panel types, These can be viewed from almost sideways on with only a negligable shift in colour.....Grin

I have 2 Ultrasharp models here, They do not display the issues you mention.

In conclusion, Either you have a very dodgy model, Or you have one fitted with the inferior " TN " panel type, Because the view angle you mention is exactly what you get on a TN panel.

If you bought it recently, Take it up with your supplier, If its still in warranty, Have a word with DELL as they do a very good next day swop around service.....Wink

RobbieWales
    15 Dec 2011 - 10:28 PM

Acer aspire 23'' touch monitor Brill

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.