Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

New Nikon S1000PJ - digicam with projector - your thoughts

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    MattGrayson
    4 Aug 2009 - 9:27 AM

Have you seen the new nikon compact with a built-in projector? Sounds like a cool idea.

Thoughts?

Nikon S1000PJ

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    4 Aug 2009 - 9:27 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Coleslaw
    Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
    4 Aug 2009 - 9:28 AM

That sounds like a great idea.
    Digital camera is more and more multi-tasking now...

Carabosse
    Carabosse e2 Member 1139463 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
    4 Aug 2009 - 9:29 AM

Projectors? They went the way of slides surely! Wink

MattGrayson
    4 Aug 2009 - 9:38 AM

You don't think it's a bit gimmicky? I quite like the idea as long as it works. Projectors are still up and at 'em, Epson have some pretty cool ones at the moment.

Pete
    Pete Site Moderator 1318446 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
    4 Aug 2009 - 9:49 AM

Looks like the manufacturers have upped the pixels as far as anyone needs, crammed the standard features in and are now looking outside the box a bit for new stuff. So we're seeing 3D resurface and video being introduced more often, and now a projector.

Out of all the surprise additions this one was the least expected. I can see the idea being really useful for business presentations. Who wants to carry a projector around to meetings etc? But also for family get togethers like the old slide projector. Whether the enthusiast photographer will buy into it is another thing. Substituting the SLR to take picture to use this feature may not be the first thing on his/her mind.

The bebo/youtube user may want one to show off their video antics at a larger size than the standard screen. And if it was in a mobile phone I think it may do even better as the download photo and video jokes would be enlarged to friends' convenience.

It is all dependent on how good the quality is, I'm not sure how it's going to project to 40in and be bright enough to view. It will be interesting to see when it arrives for test.

riprap007
    riprap007  101568 forum posts England37 Constructive Critique Points
    4 Aug 2009 - 1:34 PM

Manufacturers have been working on these small projectors for a while now, expect to see them in phones, netbooks and many other devices soon! Similar with 3D technologies, which are now very very good.

Last Modified By riprap007 at 4 Aug 2009 - 1:35 PM
    Leif
    Leif  9722 forum posts
    4 Aug 2009 - 5:53 PM

Looks neat to me, but as others have said, it all hangs on the quality of the projected image. If the projector works well, then it is rather a bargain, given the price of projectors. However, it is only VGA, so I am not sure it could be used for impromptu business presentations. At least when someone shows you their holiday pictures, they will dim the lights, allowing you to surreptitiously doze off.

It's nice to see Nikon being innovative for a change, and not having to follow Canon's lead.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.