Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

New Nottingham Member

24 Feb 2013 3:55PM
Hi, Alex here from Nottingham area,

I officially joined a while ago, but only got around to filling in the profile and uploading my first 50Mb today. Always hyper-critical of my own photographs, I thought I would put a few on display to see what others think, feel free to comment on my portfolio.

Would also be interested to hear from Notts photographers any tips on places to photograph wildlife, nature and landscapes. Particularly any hidden gems off the beaten track. There must be places other than the big parks and forests???

Cheers

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
24 Feb 2013 4:16PM
Welcome Alex. Smile

EPZ is in Worksop - so you could always pop in to see them! Wink
Nigeyboy e2
6 537 United Kingdom
24 Feb 2013 4:38PM
Hi Alex - welcome to EPZ! I am just down the road in Derby! Liking your PF already - some great shots there.
Meheecho e2
2 275 United Kingdom
24 Feb 2013 5:05PM
Hi Alex and welcome---- makings of a good PF I see
Steve
sparrowhawk e2
6 268 2 United Kingdom
24 Feb 2013 5:30PM
hello Alex welcome to EPZ i look forward to seeing your work

best wishes
Steve
24 Feb 2013 7:34PM
I can't believe I've been on here for 5+ years and have only just found out EPZ is only 30 minutes away!

Anyway welcome Alex, Dependant how far you want to travel, locally there's Attenborough nature reserve, Wollaton hall, moving further out, there's Donna Nook Lincoln way for the seals (don't know if they're still there) chatsworth, Curbar edge over chesterfield way. Let me know if you know of any other places, I'm always looking for somewhere new.

Edit. Just checked out your PF, looking good already. I see you've already discovered Donna Nook.
KevSB
10 1.5k 5 United Kingdom
24 Feb 2013 10:16PM
Lumsdale valley waterfalls are not to far away and very scenic
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
24 Feb 2013 10:49PM
Welcome Alex perhaps we need to get a Derbyshire meet organised as there are lots of people in the areas as you will see when looking through the gallery. You can filter by a MAP option and see all the photos taken in an area you are interested in visiting. It's a great tool to help find scenic spots.
NEWMANP e2
6 1.6k 574 United Kingdom
24 Feb 2013 11:03PM
hello from Bolsover -- we have a super castle, a nature reserve and poolsbrook park, soon be time for the grebe dancing.
nearby we have all he peak to go at, Hardwick park and nature res, ogson res nat re, clumber etc.
lots of events in the locality at the castles and halls and parks as summer arrives
Phil
24 Feb 2013 11:17PM
Pete, I'd be up for that

Phil, may have to visit for the grebe
NEWMANP e2
6 1.6k 574 United Kingdom
25 Feb 2013 9:39AM
poolsbrook is a small nature reserve and pond near bolsover and staveley, near to M1 - j29a the grebes were performing last year from mid to late march and there are at least 4 pairs maybe 6, easily found on the small ponds, usually have their territory mapped out and they nest, breed and carry the young on their backs as the summer progresses
Phil
26 Feb 2013 6:20AM
Thank you all for your kind welcomes comments and information. Looks like a good site with plenty of content and friendly members. I may even get time to start looking at some members pics now I have familiarised myself with everything.

Are there any good group which arrange East Midland based meets? It may be my searching, but I couldn't find any.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.