Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

New Nottingham Member

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Alexday1978
    24 Feb 2013 - 3:55 PM

Hi, Alex here from Nottingham area,

I officially joined a while ago, but only got around to filling in the profile and uploading my first 50Mb today. Always hyper-critical of my own photographs, I thought I would put a few on display to see what others think, feel free to comment on my portfolio.

Would also be interested to hear from Notts photographers any tips on places to photograph wildlife, nature and landscapes. Particularly any hidden gems off the beaten track. There must be places other than the big parks and forests???

Cheers

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    24 Feb 2013 - 3:55 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Carabosse
    Carabosse e2 Member 1139498 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Feb 2013 - 4:16 PM

Welcome Alex. Smile

EPZ is in Worksop - so you could always pop in to see them! Wink

Nigeyboy
    Nigeyboy  6537 forum posts United Kingdom
    24 Feb 2013 - 4:38 PM

Hi Alex - welcome to EPZ! I am just down the road in Derby! Liking your PF already - some great shots there.

Meheecho
    Meheecho  1275 forum posts United Kingdom
    24 Feb 2013 - 5:05 PM

Hi Alex and welcome---- makings of a good PF I see
    Steve

sparrowhawk
    sparrowhawk e2 Member 5268 forum postssparrowhawk vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Feb 2013 - 5:30 PM

hello Alex welcome to EPZ i look forward to seeing your work

best wishes
    Steve

chrisheathcote
    chrisheathcote e2 Member 8241 forum postschrisheathcote vcard United Kingdom
    24 Feb 2013 - 7:34 PM

I can't believe I've been on here for 5+ years and have only just found out EPZ is only 30 minutes away!

Anyway welcome Alex, Dependant how far you want to travel, locally there's Attenborough nature reserve, Wollaton hall, moving further out, there's Donna Nook Lincoln way for the seals (don't know if they're still there) chatsworth, Curbar edge over chesterfield way. Let me know if you know of any other places, I'm always looking for somewhere new.

Edit. Just checked out your PF, looking good already. I see you've already discovered Donna Nook.

Last Modified By chrisheathcote at 24 Feb 2013 - 7:37 PM
    KevSB
    KevSB  101408 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Feb 2013 - 10:16 PM

Lumsdale valley waterfalls are not to far away and very scenic

Pete
    Pete Site Moderator 1318449 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Feb 2013 - 10:49 PM

Welcome Alex perhaps we need to get a Derbyshire meet organised as there are lots of people in the areas as you will see when looking through the gallery. You can filter by a MAP option and see all the photos taken in an area you are interested in visiting. It's a great tool to help find scenic spots.

NEWMANP
    NEWMANP e2 Member 61587 forum postsNEWMANP vcard United Kingdom574 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Feb 2013 - 11:03 PM

hello from Bolsover -- we have a super castle, a nature reserve and poolsbrook park, soon be time for the grebe dancing.
    nearby we have all he peak to go at, Hardwick park and nature res, ogson res nat re, clumber etc.
    lots of events in the locality at the castles and halls and parks as summer arrives
    Phil

chrisheathcote
    chrisheathcote e2 Member 8241 forum postschrisheathcote vcard United Kingdom
    24 Feb 2013 - 11:17 PM

Pete, I'd be up for that

Phil, may have to visit for the grebe

NEWMANP
    NEWMANP e2 Member 61587 forum postsNEWMANP vcard United Kingdom574 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Feb 2013 - 9:39 AM

poolsbrook is a small nature reserve and pond near bolsover and staveley, near to M1 - j29a the grebes were performing last year from mid to late march and there are at least 4 pairs maybe 6, easily found on the small ponds, usually have their territory mapped out and they nest, breed and carry the young on their backs as the summer progresses
    Phil

Alexday1978
    26 Feb 2013 - 6:20 AM

Thank you all for your kind welcomes comments and information. Looks like a good site with plenty of content and friendly members. I may even get time to start looking at some members pics now I have familiarised myself with everything.

Are there any good group which arrange East Midland based meets? It may be my searching, but I couldn't find any.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.