Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

New Olympus coming?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 1110227 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
22 Jun 2009 - 7:17 PM

Quote: Didn't they do a half size PEN at one stage that let you take 72 shots on a 36 exposure 35mm film?

yup - I got one when I was on a work trip to Japan, took loads of great pictures, then half way acroos the top of the world the film transport mechanism failed and as I was trying to sort it out I ruined about 80% of the film.

(I quite fancy the digital version 'cos at least that won't happen again! and it does look rather cute in a retro sort of way Smile )

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
22 Jun 2009 - 7:17 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

conrad
conrad  1010874 forum posts116 Constructive Critique Points
22 Jun 2009 - 7:54 PM

Quote: Really its very cheap especially compared to the M8, the only other offering in its size with swappable lenses and this just offers so much more.

Actually, there's also the Epson, but they're both expensive, so yes, financially speaking this looks like a very attractive option if you want a camera as small as a rangefinder but with interchangeable lenses and RAW capability.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315157 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
22 Jun 2009 - 8:01 PM

Yes the Epsom, thought it was discontinued so left it out.

I`m currently skint so one of these is out of the question for the time being Sad

There`s just so many possibilities especially using older glass including Leica.

Some lovely lens adapters here

pcheywood
pcheywood  91300 forum posts England
22 Jun 2009 - 8:47 PM

I keep hovering over the pre-order button on this, but I'm trying to hold out and see how it really is. The high ISO pics are really appealing, as is the promised, forthcoming 20mm f1.7 from panny.

From the low ISO pics I've downloaded so far, the DP1 still gives it a bit of a kicking though.

Should I, shouldn't I.........? Smile

Last Modified By pcheywood at 22 Jun 2009 - 9:12 PM
User_Removed
22 Jun 2009 - 9:09 PM

Hang slack and wait for the reviews before buying.

MattGrayson
16 Jul 2009 - 5:31 PM

You know we have a full review of the Olympus E-P1. We were the first in the UK to get it as well!

Smile

daviewat
daviewat  104104 forum posts Scotland
16 Jul 2009 - 5:32 PM

I`ve bought one Smile

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jul 2009 - 7:02 PM

Quote: I`ve bought one

oo-eerr.... any good?

daviewat
daviewat  104104 forum posts Scotland
16 Jul 2009 - 8:10 PM

So far yes Smile but not really had a chance to fully work out yet with it.

But the pure feel of it and lens movement and changing etc sweet Smile the ergonimics are also really good and the body has a good solid weight and feel to it, not cheap in any way at all.

I have a couple of images on my portfolio taken with it.

Last Modified By daviewat at 16 Jul 2009 - 8:12 PM
pcheywood
pcheywood  91300 forum posts England
16 Jul 2009 - 8:38 PM

Keep the news coming as I'm still looking at it. I got my hands on one two days ago, but only for five minutes as the bosslady was mithering me on the phone.

It was bigger and heavier than I'd imagined and with the 14-42 on it didn't fit into my DP1 pocket, unfortunately they didn't have the 17mm lens in stock yet. If I got the silver one I'd have to get the black leather kit to cover it.

AlpineAddict
12 Aug 2009 - 12:50 PM

Quote: So far yes but not really had a chance to fully work out yet with it.

But the pure feel of it and lens movement and changing etc sweet the ergonimics are also really good and the body has a good solid weight and feel to it, not cheap in any way at all.

I have a couple of images on my portfolio taken with it.

Has this camera got 'full' manual settings, or does it just have a selection of aperature settings etc, as is the case in a lot of digi compacts that offer 'Manual'?
Thx

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.