Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

New people to this site

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

janeez
janeez e2 Member 51161 forum postsjaneez vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
4 Sep 2012 - 11:57 PM

As my hubby says "If you can't say something nice then say something silly!" Grin

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
4 Sep 2012 - 11:57 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139385 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
5 Sep 2012 - 12:23 AM

Quote: As my hubby says "If you can't say something nice then say something silly!" Grin

I like his philosophy! Grin

JohnParminter

Quote: Ive noticed much more aggressive replies on these forums to new people asking questions on Photography. When someone asks advice on lens for a new camera and the reply is "google it"

Noted, I'll refrain from using such replies to beginners but do you think it will be acceptable for me to use the phrase "Google it" to the seasoned "opinionated but uninformed" mob that pervade the forum these days.......

Smile

janeez
janeez e2 Member 51161 forum postsjaneez vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
5 Sep 2012 - 10:41 PM

Quote: "Google it" to the seasoned "opinionated but uninformed" mob that pervade the forum these days.......

Depends on the context. If you mean do a general and informative search in a well known search engine then that is probably OK. If it is said in the manner of, go on Google It or in other words Do One then that might be frowned on! Wink Grin

kathrynlouise
kathrynlouise e2 Member 2364 forum postskathrynlouise vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
6 Sep 2012 - 3:03 AM

I thankfully have met nothing but great people on here and had nothing but helpful and very fair critique. Have asked basic questions as we all have been beginners at some point and not everyone grasps things as easily as others. I love this site and if got any such comment would kindly tell them to stick their head back up their own backside and ignore Tongue

Kathryn

digicammad
digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
6 Sep 2012 - 8:55 AM

Quote: Now we know others feel the same way then perhaps we could do this ourselves by pointing out that the post is unhelpful, with support from others then those who do it will hopefully realise that it is not good for the site

Unfortunately that tends to end up with the aggressor and defender slogging it out between them and the original question gets lost in the crossfire.

People who respond to simple questions with aggression are either having a bad day (in which case hopefully they will later apologise) or they are just missing a fundamental facet of the human psyche, namely empathy. They obviously believe they were born knowing everything and never asked simple questions. There is no cure to this and all we can do is to make sure that such questions are answered with lots of positive responses to dilute the aggressive one.

digicammad
digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
6 Sep 2012 - 8:56 AM

By the way, if there is a Curbar meet I wouldn't find coming along if the date is suitable. Will you be creating an event page? If not can you maybe PM me the details?

Cheers

Ian

NEWMANP
NEWMANP e2 Member 61583 forum postsNEWMANP vcard United Kingdom574 Constructive Critique Points
6 Sep 2012 - 11:35 AM

it might be arranged soon, i think the first 2 weekends in oct are likely to be favourite at this moment.
ill have a word with some of the Peak Lads soon before there are any committments

Phil

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.