Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

New Photium website

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012601 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
10 Oct 2006 - 5:13 PM

Fixed your link, seem to be a few missing on your site though Wink

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
10 Oct 2006 - 5:13 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
10 Oct 2006 - 5:16 PM

Yay!!!

K's Duty Mod!!

(Sad((( No fun and games and thread hijacks... think I'll log off...))

Grin)))))))))))))))

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012601 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
10 Oct 2006 - 5:20 PM

Me! I'm never off-duty Wink

User_Removed
10 Oct 2006 - 5:20 PM

LOL!!!

loweskid
loweskid  132042 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
10 Oct 2006 - 5:34 PM

How to hide your email address from spammers.

Quote: and from this moderator's point of view - your link isn't a problem as you have asked for help regarding your site's appearance on other computers - it's not self promotion.

I don't have a problem with the links either but where does 'self promotion' begin or end? boroboyben asked 'What do you think of my work' - given that he designed the website himself his request for feedback could equally apply to the website as well as the pictures.

What I do have a problem with is the inconsistancy with which modding is carried out on this site. A while ago I posted a message on this thread with info on cheap restaurants. At the end of the message I added a line about sculptures in Reykyavik and added a link to one of my pictures as an example. Within minutes the whole nessage was removed, not just the link, yet an hour later someone else did exactly the same thing and it's still there to this day - see the last 'green' message by 'bucks'.

Is linking to a single image to illustrate a point 'self promotion' whereas linking to a whole website for 'feedback' not? If we must have this silly rule at least let's have some consistancy about it.

digicammad
digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
10 Oct 2006 - 5:39 PM

Mod'ing links is a bit of a mystic art Vince. We are working on some better guidelines at the moment (both for mods and members) which will hopefully improve things, but there will always be some grey areas which have to be dealt with on a per case basis.

Ian

whipspeed
whipspeed e2 Member 104040 forum postswhipspeed vcard United Kingdom22 Constructive Critique Points
10 Oct 2006 - 5:41 PM

Works fine on my PC Paul & also looking good. Took mine just over 2 weeks to appear on Google after I set up the tags & in the 2 months I've had the site it's logged up over 16000 page views.

User_Removed
10 Oct 2006 - 5:42 PM

Quote: Took mine 2 weeks to appear on Google after I set up the tags

I'm surprised. What was the search criteria? Site address? Or did you search generically on 'cycling' etc Sarah? It usually takes two or three months for the site to be fully indexed.

answersonapostcard
10 Oct 2006 - 5:47 PM

But worth the wait? Wink Not in the habit of searching for myself on t'internet but it was a nice surprise when I did to see my lil ole website rise to the top.

whipspeed
whipspeed e2 Member 104040 forum postswhipspeed vcard United Kingdom22 Constructive Critique Points
10 Oct 2006 - 5:50 PM

Used, Sarah Brooke - Cycling photographer in Northamptonshire. Tags were, cycling, northamptonshire etc, just simple.
But alot of cyclists were looking at their shots, which maybe helped it. It did get alot of views very quickly. I'd also sent out a general email to all the clubs in our area offering low res shots for their websites, so they were also telling their members about the site.

loweskid
loweskid  132042 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
10 Oct 2006 - 5:58 PM

Quote: Mod'ing links is a bit of a mystic art Vince.

Is it? From the Terms and Conditions -

"...if you want them to visit your website you can put a link to it in your profile."

Seems pretty clear to me. What I am concerned about is the way boroboyben was treated. I remember Pete saying a while ago that he wanted to encourage younger people to the site. Now boroboyben is fourteen years old and he got his arse kicked for doing something that others appear to be getting away with. It's hardly going to encourage him to re-visit the site is it?

Anyway it's also against the T&Cs to discuss modding issues off topic so I'm going to drop the subject now I've had my little whinge! Sorry for hijacking the thread.

User_Removed
10 Oct 2006 - 6:04 PM

That will always get fast results Sarah. Its getting on that first page when more generic keywords are used that takes the time i.e to be fully indexed by Google.

ZenTog
ZenTog  127875 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
10 Oct 2006 - 6:45 PM

thanks col will look at why the name is coming up rather than the site name
if you click on the small image you then get the big one with arrows annd pics below to go back and forwards

I have to use the water marks as these pics are the right size to use in horse and hounds adverts , left them off the surf shots for now in some cases

ZenTog
10 Oct 2006 - 6:48 PM

Col found out the reason for my name coming up its where the image has no file name attached, and it comes up for somereason, will be sorted when all of htem have the proper file names, I didnt tick a box to do so when first uploaded

ZenTog
10 Oct 2006 - 6:50 PM

K what links are down on the website ,I will then check with will

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.