Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

New Photo Magazine

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    csurry
    csurry  129230 forum posts92 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Nov 2010 - 7:26 PM

So has anyone seen the new "Advanced Photographer" magazine?

Did anyone actually know it was being launched, or would be in the shops today?

To give you an idea of what is in it:
    A review of panoramic heads
    A review of some panorama stitching software
    Review of some "bokeh" software

Camera Test
    Pentax 645D
    Canon 5D MkII (by an owner)

Technique
    A couple of post-processing tutorials
    Panoramas
    Wide Aperture
    Lighting tutorial

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    17 Nov 2010 - 7:26 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JJGEE
    JJGEE  96219 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Nov 2010 - 7:30 PM

No
    Obviously Pete has no connections with it otherwise a mention would no doubt have appeared here, somewhere, on epz Wink

I am now regularly buying the Monthly BJP but have to travel to another town to get it, so I do not hold out much hope of finding this new magazine where I am

Last Modified By JJGEE at 17 Nov 2010 - 7:30 PM
    csurry
    17 Nov 2010 - 7:32 PM

I got a copy from WHSmith.

It is edited by one Will Cheung.

Pete
    Pete Site Moderator 1318433 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Nov 2010 - 7:37 PM

Quote: I am now regularly buying the Monthly BJP but have to travel to another town to get it, so I do not hold out much hope of finding this new magazine where I am

BJP is looking great these days just a tad too expensive though
    Will's magazine published by Bright fills a gap in the market. One that's never been properly filled as long as I can remember. It's a mid point between the usual amateur products like Practical Photography, Photography Monthly, Digital SLR Photography and the pro titles like BJP And Professional Photography. In the early days Digital Photographer did this well but seemed to lose its way.

JJGEE
    JJGEE  96219 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Nov 2010 - 7:38 PM

Quote: It is edited by one Will Cheung.

Which makes it even odder no mention of it on epz !!

It is not one of the "specials" exclusive to WHS as a tutorial type publication rather than a weekly / monthly magazine ?

Snapper
    Snapper  93702 forum posts United States Minor Outlying Islands3 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Nov 2010 - 7:42 PM

Quote:
    I am now regularly buying the Monthly BJP but have to travel to another town to get it, so I do not hold out much hope of finding this new magazine where I am

A subscription will apparently save you 29%and a dozen journeys to another town. Smile

AlanPerkins
    17 Nov 2010 - 7:43 PM

Quote: It is not one of the "specials" exclusive to WHS as a tutorial type publication rather than a weekly / monthly magazine ?

No - it[s going to be monthly. They're already advertising for subscriptions and have a website set up.

csurry
    17 Nov 2010 - 8:07 PM

Not sure where it will be sold as I was in Halifax today I had access to WHS, but I guess the real test is to get it in to a number of stores for greatest access/coverage of the market.

As Pete said aimed at those that want to move on from the 12-month cycle of the other mags, but not necessarily wanting to turn pro. I think that the key differentiator here could be lost if they start to run lots of make money from your camera type articles as then it will start to cross that line.

Will be interesting to see how it progresses.

Showed the copy to someone at work that I guess would be classed as the target market and key point made was around the plug-ins being reviewed being over-priced and easily replicated in programs like PS without the need to spend $200! So probably needs a better spread of price ranges, or even an "if you're too lazy to figure out the actions to do this yourself..."

f8
    f8  109169 forum posts England22 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Nov 2010 - 11:03 PM

Its http://www.advancedphotographer.co.uk/index.html

strawman
    strawman  1022002 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
    17 Nov 2010 - 11:11 PM

I was interested in the new style BJP, but feel it has somewhat fallen on its sword. the 1st issue was great then I feel the quality of photography has fallen away and what is left is a magazine I struggle to connect with. Perhaps this new Mag is it.

cats_123
    cats_123 e2 Member 103999 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland24 Constructive Critique Points
    18 Nov 2010 - 12:13 PM

just picked up my copy from Tesco's...will be saving it for in-flight reading tomorrow...always good to have something new on the market, if nothing else to challenge the others Smile

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.