Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

New Photo Menu: Where is X?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
davidburleson
davidburleson ePHOTOzine Staff 72345 forum postsdavidburleson vcard United Kingdom
21 Aug 2012 - 1:52 PM

We have been concentrating on simplifying and de-cluttering the gallery to provide a more enjoyable experience. So, we have cleaned up the menus available under a photo and combined them into 1 easy-to-use menu.

User Award options and owner options (ie: edit, delete, versions) can all be found under the new 'Options' drop down. With these changes, you may notice some photos do not have a Vote button. This is not a bug. Some users have chosen 'Critique' or to disable voting on their photos.

1-asd-by-davidburleson-2012-08-21-12-44-10.jpg

If you are having trouble finding an option, feel free to ask and we will happily show you.

Last Modified By davidburleson at 21 Aug 2012 - 1:55 PM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
21 Aug 2012 - 1:52 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64365 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
21 Aug 2012 - 6:06 PM

Much tidier. Smile

(David, on a bit of a tangent, how do you get those screen grabs onto the forum? I tried using Snip but it doesn't work)

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318442 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
21 Aug 2012 - 6:27 PM

Quote: how do you get those screen grabs onto the forum?

I just use print screen (key on keyboard next to f12) ...that copies the whole screen - then paste into Photoshop to add an arrow if needed and crop, then post into the thread like any other photo

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64365 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
21 Aug 2012 - 6:30 PM

Oh, that simple! Never thought of doing it that way. Ta. Grin

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318442 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
21 Aug 2012 - 6:33 PM

There are programs, I believe Chris (Lobsterboy) uses one, that have cropping, highlighting captioning, arrow making features that make it even easier, but I find the old approach does it fast enough for me Smile

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315199 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
21 Aug 2012 - 6:38 PM

Where has the GE button been move to, it was there yesterday, today its gone.

Pete
21 Aug 2012 - 6:45 PM

whoops I bet they forgot that in the code change. It will need to be added but that won't be until tomorrow. If you're picking this evening can you just bookmark the images to make it easier when the button returns. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315199 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
21 Aug 2012 - 6:59 PM

I vote then go through the images I`ve voted on Pete, so they kind of get bookmarked anyway.

JJGEE
JJGEE  96289 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
21 Aug 2012 - 7:12 PM

Quote: There are programs

On my iMAC clicking on a saved screen grab automatically opens in ... Preview

Then Tools>Annotate gets you to this

preview.jpg

Then once you have annotated as you wish then it has to be exported and saved as a jpeg.

SlowSong
21 Aug 2012 - 7:12 PM

Don't do Mac, but thanks. Smile

JJGEE
JJGEE  96289 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
21 Aug 2012 - 7:18 PM

Quote: Don't do Mac, but thanks. Smile

But does not clicking on a screen grab automatically open it in an equivalent to Preview ?

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014128 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
21 Aug 2012 - 7:37 PM

60-capture.jpg

Yup, that's right boss. It is called Snag-It - we use it all the time at work for documentation.

Quote: But does not clicking on a screen grab automatically open it in an equivalent to Preview ?

Nope it puts it on the clipboard, you can paste it into anything from there.
The Snipping tool works similar to the preview you are talking about.

ringyneck
ringyneck  7308 forum posts United Kingdom18 Constructive Critique Points
21 Aug 2012 - 9:25 PM

I still do it the very long way....

Grab screen
open P/shop7
File >new
Edit >paste
save as P/shop
change to Jpeg.

Wish I could do the quotation bubbles as above...spose my p/shop and Windows XP does not have it though.
Keith

Last Modified By ringyneck at 21 Aug 2012 - 9:25 PM
SlowSong
22 Aug 2012 - 8:58 AM

I gave a UA this morning but on subsequent pics I noticed that the Give User Award option was still showing. I haven't tried it to see if it worked on more than one pic a day but perhaps you could advise.
x

Pete
22 Aug 2012 - 9:03 AM

Quote: Where has the GE button been move to, it was there yesterday, today its gone.

Ah just had reply from IT. It's also in the new Options menu - we're de-cluttering

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.