Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

New Photo Uploader

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318459 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
11 Oct 2012 - 9:45 AM

Quote: I'll stick with the Browse and Open option as that way is less faffing about for me.

It's still better to switch to the new one Chris, as you can still do the browse/open method, but the form to fill in data appears at the same time, so you can caption etc while it's uploading Smile

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
11 Oct 2012 - 9:45 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JJGEE
JJGEE  96354 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
11 Oct 2012 - 9:52 AM

Quote: so you can caption etc while it's uploading

Not on my computer.

Currently it is so much faster that if one blinks one misses the upload Smile Smile

Additionally, can not the Title, Caption, tags etc not be populated from EXIF data in jpg file, then one could do everything in say, Lightroom before uploading ?

Last Modified By JJGEE at 11 Oct 2012 - 9:52 AM
lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014176 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
11 Oct 2012 - 10:21 AM

Quote: 'll stick with the Browse and Open option as that way is less faffing about for me.

Yeah that's what I found in testing, drag and drop might be useful for bulk uploads but for a single file it don't seem that useful.

Quote:
Additionally, can not the Title, Caption, tags etc not be populated from EXIF data in jpg file, then one could do everything in say, Lightroom before uploading ?

Sounds like the way forward to me.

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318459 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
11 Oct 2012 - 10:24 AM

we've had a Lightroom plug in on the upgrade list for a couple of years. Just working with exif could be a quicker more immediate fix. I've asked IT to check.

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64567 forum postsSlowSong vcard England29 Constructive Critique Points
11 Oct 2012 - 10:45 AM

Quote: I'll stick with the Browse and Open option as that way is less faffing about for me.

It's still better to switch to the new one Chris, as you can still do the browse/open method, but the form to fill in data appears at the same time, so you can caption etc while it's uploading Smile

Oh, I've no problem with the new uploader. Just the method. Dragging over is not a better option for me personally, but as we still have the option to Browse and Open that's fine. I suppose it's marginally quicker to have the form on the same page as the image but I don't find that making things a second or two faster is much of a benefit but of course it will be for some others. No probs.
Smile

BTW, do we still have to upload Versions once we've uploaded the main picture? Now if we could do that all at the same time it'd be a real improvement. Smile

Last Modified By SlowSong at 11 Oct 2012 - 10:47 AM
Alan_Baseley
Alan_Baseley e2 Member 13323 forum postsAlan_Baseley vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
11 Oct 2012 - 10:50 AM

Quote: BTW, do we still have to upload Versions once we've uploaded the main picture? Now if we could do that all at the same time it'd be a real improvement. Smile

Certainly would

Pete
11 Oct 2012 - 4:06 PM

Quote: we've had a Lightroom plug in on the upgrade list for a couple of years. Just working with exif could be a quicker more immediate fix. I've asked IT to check.

Well I checked and it was a relatively quick fix...so now you have the feature Smile How's that for service?

bricurtis
bricurtis e2 Member 91911 forum postsbricurtis vcard England48 Constructive Critique Points
11 Oct 2012 - 4:08 PM

Quote: Drag and drop worked fine for me ' Chrome '

Quick upload. Smile

That was on previous image. Not today though - tried Chrome & Firefox but neither would drop the image. Used the old method.Sad

Last Modified By bricurtis at 11 Oct 2012 - 4:10 PM
davidburleson
davidburleson ePHOTOzine Staff 72397 forum postsdavidburleson vcard United Kingdom
11 Oct 2012 - 4:16 PM

@bricurtis

Drag and drop can only be used when dragging and dropping from another window or from your desktop. A few users have tried opening the 'Browse Computer' button then dragging a photo from there, which won't work.

bricurtis
bricurtis e2 Member 91911 forum postsbricurtis vcard England48 Constructive Critique Points
11 Oct 2012 - 4:35 PM

@David - I was dragging from a folder I use for epz from my computer. As I say it worked fine on Chrome on Tuesday - same method. !!!

Last Modified By bricurtis at 11 Oct 2012 - 4:36 PM
JJGEE
11 Oct 2012 - 5:01 PM

Quote: Well I checked and it was a relatively quick fix...so now you have the feature Smile How's that for service?

Thanks,
Will have a go with an upload later this evening Smile

JJGEE
11 Oct 2012 - 5:18 PM

Could not resist a quick experiment Smile

The only thing that has to be added is the " Main Tag "

lrtest.jpg

Pete
11 Oct 2012 - 5:20 PM

Makes things quicker doesn't it Grin

JJGEE
11 Oct 2012 - 5:34 PM

Quote: Makes things quicker doesn't it Grin

Yes : )
but I think one may have to have a quick review of the tags / keywords to make sure you want everyone to see all of them !

Last Modified By JJGEE at 11 Oct 2012 - 5:35 PM
Scaramanga
17 Oct 2012 - 2:03 PM

I've not looked at this thread very carefully as at work, but is there a preview image before uploading? Tried clicking on the image but nothing happened.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.