Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

New Photo Uploader

Pete Plus
14 18.7k 96 England
11 Oct 2012 9:45AM

Quote:I'll stick with the Browse and Open option as that way is less faffing about for me.

It's still better to switch to the new one Chris, as you can still do the browse/open method, but the form to fill in data appears at the same time, so you can caption etc while it's uploading Smile

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JJGEE 10 6.5k 18 England
11 Oct 2012 9:52AM

Quote:so you can caption etc while it's uploading

Not on my computer.

Currently it is so much faster that if one blinks one misses the upload Smile Smile

Additionally, can not the Title, Caption, tags etc not be populated from EXIF data in jpg file, then one could do everything in say, Lightroom before uploading ?
lobsterboy Plus
11 14.4k 13 United Kingdom
11 Oct 2012 10:21AM

Quote:'ll stick with the Browse and Open option as that way is less faffing about for me.

Yeah that's what I found in testing, drag and drop might be useful for bulk uploads but for a single file it don't seem that useful.

Quote:
Additionally, can not the Title, Caption, tags etc not be populated from EXIF data in jpg file, then one could do everything in say, Lightroom before uploading ?

Sounds like the way forward to me.
Pete Plus
14 18.7k 96 England
11 Oct 2012 10:24AM
we've had a Lightroom plug in on the upgrade list for a couple of years. Just working with exif could be a quicker more immediate fix. I've asked IT to check.
SlowSong Plus
6 5.1k 29 England
11 Oct 2012 10:45AM

Quote:I'll stick with the Browse and Open option as that way is less faffing about for me.

It's still better to switch to the new one Chris, as you can still do the browse/open method, but the form to fill in data appears at the same time, so you can caption etc while it's uploading Smile

Oh, I've no problem with the new uploader. Just the method. Dragging over is not a better option for me personally, but as we still have the option to Browse and Open that's fine. I suppose it's marginally quicker to have the form on the same page as the image but I don't find that making things a second or two faster is much of a benefit but of course it will be for some others. No probs.
Smile

BTW, do we still have to upload Versions once we've uploaded the main picture? Now if we could do that all at the same time it'd be a real improvement. Smile
11 Oct 2012 10:50AM

Quote:BTW, do we still have to upload Versions once we've uploaded the main picture? Now if we could do that all at the same time it'd be a real improvement. Smile

Certainly would
Pete Plus
14 18.7k 96 England
11 Oct 2012 4:06PM

Quote:we've had a Lightroom plug in on the upgrade list for a couple of years. Just working with exif could be a quicker more immediate fix. I've asked IT to check.

Well I checked and it was a relatively quick fix...so now you have the feature Smile How's that for service?
bricurtis Plus
10 2.0k 49 England
11 Oct 2012 4:08PM

Quote:Drag and drop worked fine for me ' Chrome '

Quick upload. Smile

That was on previous image. Not today though - tried Chrome & Firefox but neither would drop the image. Used the old method.Sad
11 Oct 2012 4:16PM
@bricurtis

Drag and drop can only be used when dragging and dropping from another window or from your desktop. A few users have tried opening the 'Browse Computer' button then dragging a photo from there, which won't work.
bricurtis Plus
10 2.0k 49 England
11 Oct 2012 4:35PM
@David - I was dragging from a folder I use for epz from my computer. As I say it worked fine on Chrome on Tuesday - same method. !!!
JJGEE 10 6.5k 18 England
11 Oct 2012 5:01PM

Quote:Well I checked and it was a relatively quick fix...so now you have the feature Smile How's that for service?

Thanks,
Will have a go with an upload later this evening Smile
JJGEE 10 6.5k 18 England
11 Oct 2012 5:18PM
Could not resist a quick experiment Smile

The only thing that has to be added is the " Main Tag "

lrtest.jpg

Pete Plus
14 18.7k 96 England
11 Oct 2012 5:20PM
Makes things quicker doesn't it Grin
JJGEE 10 6.5k 18 England
11 Oct 2012 5:34PM

Quote:Makes things quicker doesn't it Grin

Yes : )
but I think one may have to have a quick review of the tags / keywords to make sure you want everyone to see all of them !
17 Oct 2012 2:03PM
I've not looked at this thread very carefully as at work, but is there a preview image before uploading? Tried clicking on the image but nothing happened.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.