Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

NEW Photography Choice Gallery & Voting System (BETA)

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

cats_123
cats_123 e2 Member 104003 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland24 Constructive Critique Points
17 May 2010 - 12:28 PM

Quote: "If you don't like the voting system, just opt out of it".

or leave Epz altogether?

Quote: This is what exactly they do on YouTube these days

have never been an avid fan of `You tube' etc.... but fail to see the point of uploading images if you're not bothered whether anyone sees them or not????

I upload mainly to try and improve and sometimes to share things that I think people might be interested in. I value any feedback. I rarely get high scores but that doesn't in itself bother me. If people want cliques, that's fine..there's more than enough `members' to share around Smile

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
17 May 2010 - 12:28 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139392 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
17 May 2010 - 12:33 PM

Quote: I upload mainly to try and improve

Well you don't seem to use the critique gallery........... so the voting must be important to you! Wink

EPZ members upload for a diversity of reasons.

roxpix
roxpix  102236 forum posts Scotland11 Constructive Critique Points
17 May 2010 - 12:38 PM

Quote: I upload mainly to try and improve

Well you don't seem to use the critique gallery........... so the voting must be important to you! Wink

EPZ members upload for a diversity of reasons.

Concern or otherwise of vote numbers is not the overwhelming reason not to use the Critique Gallery

The regular gallery should be a place of feedback & comment (both + & -) while the critique gallery is a place for specific kind & structure of feedback Wink

Fishnet
Fishnet  104976 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
17 May 2010 - 12:44 PM

Why do we need votes ??

Why can't we just have comments left instead.

People can be positive or negative in comments and that is far more helpful, votes just make people lazy.

I just don't see the point in voting.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139392 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
17 May 2010 - 12:49 PM

Quote: Why do we need votes ??

Some people do need votes..... it seems. It is probably their raison d'Ítre for EPZ membership. Wink

But if we allow opt-out of voting that sends a powerful message that those who use the opt-out are interested principally in comments.

A "win win" situation?

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014059 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
17 May 2010 - 12:50 PM

I like votes, they help me to see which of my shots is more popular than the others. They allow me to easily find my "Greatest Hits" if I am looking for something to exhibit or put in a competition.
I don't take them to seriously & I don't compare my score to others.

franken
franken e2 Member 113060 forum postsfranken vcard Wales4 Constructive Critique Points
17 May 2010 - 12:51 PM

I think it would better if you had to say either why you liked it or why you didn't. Or a range of tick boxes of reasons why you like it or didn't?

Ken

franken
franken e2 Member 113060 forum postsfranken vcard Wales4 Constructive Critique Points
17 May 2010 - 12:52 PM

Quote: I like votes, they help me to see which of my shots is more popular than the others. They allow me to easily find my "Greatest Hits" if I am looking for something to exhibit or put in a competition.
I don't take them to seriously & I don't compare my score to others.

I'm the same.

Ken

Fishnet
17 May 2010 - 12:53 PM

I've entered photos that have got RC awards on here into other comps or at my photography club and they've bombed, so the votes don't seem to mean anything.

Big Bri
Big Bri  1315548 forum posts England
17 May 2010 - 12:55 PM

Yeah, and I've won prizes at my camera club with photos that went unnoticed on here. (perhaps there's just less competition at the club) Wink

Fishnet
17 May 2010 - 12:56 PM

Quote: Yeah, and I've won prizes at my camera club with photos that went unnoticed on here. (perhaps there's just less competition at the club) Wink

Same here.

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014059 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
17 May 2010 - 1:00 PM

Quote: I've entered photos that have got RC awards on here into other comps or at my photography club and they've bombed, so the votes don't seem to mean anything.

or as per usual it means that camera club judges don't have a clue Wink

simont
simont  102248 forum posts England4 Constructive Critique Points
17 May 2010 - 1:00 PM

Vote Up - A Cameron
Vote Down - A Cleggy

Add the votes together and it's still a winning picture Wink

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade  1014747 forum posts England216 Constructive Critique Points
17 May 2010 - 1:01 PM

Give it a chance!

See what happens with it Smile

jken
jken  81672 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
17 May 2010 - 1:03 PM

Think everyone needs to give it a bit of time.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.