Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

New Premier Awards to Replace ECs

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
tj
tj ePHOTOzine Staff 111879 forum poststj vcard England
12 Dec 2008 - 12:37 PM

Hi everyone

Hopefully you will have received the new feature notification.

Due to recent circumstances, we have changed the Editor's Choice gallery to the new Premier Gallery.

Instead of Pete browsing through all the photos on the site and giving his editor's choice award, we have assembled a team of photography professionals to do this.

These pros will give out the Premier Awards to the best photos on ePHOTOzine and the Highly Commended Award to photos that are nearly good enough to receive the Premier Award. Editor's within the photo industry will then choose photo of the week based on the Premier Awarded photos (such as Will Cheung, Dan Lezano etc).

The current Premier Award Team Members are:

David Clapp
Mark Cleghorn
Paul Frost
Sam Furlong
John Gravett
Victor Habbick
Barrie Harwood
David Hemmings
Keith Henson
Damien Lovegrove
Tamara Peel
David Ward
Paul Ward

Many other Pro photographers are on the way in the coming days and weeks.

Photos that have received Editor's Choice Awards in the past will still display the Editor's Choice Award. However, from this point onwards, they will be replaced with the Premier Award.

We appreciate changes are not always welcome, but thank you in advance for your cooperation and understanding of this new system.

The ePHOTOzine Team.

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
12 Dec 2008 - 12:37 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

NEWMANP
NEWMANP e2 Member 61581 forum postsNEWMANP vcard United Kingdom572 Constructive Critique Points
12 Dec 2008 - 12:39 PM

sounds exciting to me
pHIL

tj
12 Dec 2008 - 12:41 PM

Phew... we're all waiting with baited breath here, hoping everyone will give it a chance Smile

markharrop
12 Dec 2008 - 12:43 PM

Sounds like a good idea to me. It's good to have change Smile

thewaiter
thewaiter  121177 forum posts England9 Constructive Critique Points
12 Dec 2008 - 12:44 PM

Quote: These pros will give out the Premier Awards to the best photos on ePHOTOzine and the Highly Commended Award to photos that are nearly good enough to receive the Premier Award

will this be a collective judgement or on an individual basis?

davidburleson
davidburleson ePHOTOzine Staff 72236 forum postsdavidburleson vcard United Kingdom
12 Dec 2008 - 12:45 PM

Quote: will this be a collective judgement or on an individual basis?

Bit of both i believe.

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 813402 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
12 Dec 2008 - 12:46 PM

Probably the only option at the moment, but it will be an exciting time ahead to see how well it works.

One thing for sure: there won't be short of arguments and threads about it...Smile

tj
12 Dec 2008 - 12:47 PM

Quote: will this be a collective judgement or on an individual basis?

Yes, both. Plus there is a private forum for them if they are unsure about a particular photo. So, a massively broad range of skill at hand.

Last Modified By tj at 12 Dec 2008 - 12:48 PM
conrad
conrad e2 Member 910870 forum postsconrad vcard 116 Constructive Critique Points
12 Dec 2008 - 12:48 PM

One enormous advantage: the team aspect of it means there's no reason for anyone to target one particular person and give him flak about the choices made.

cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 85789 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
12 Dec 2008 - 12:49 PM

Quote: One thing for sure: there won't be short of arguments and threads about it...

but then any grumbling and moaning will be spread over several individuals instead of Pete alone - no bad thing.......

Edit: I didn't type enough - beaten to it Smile

Last Modified By cattyal at 12 Dec 2008 - 12:51 PM
thewaiter
thewaiter  121177 forum posts England9 Constructive Critique Points
12 Dec 2008 - 12:51 PM

Quote: Quote:will this be a collective judgement or on an individual basis?Yes, both. Plus there is a private forum for them if they are unsure about a particular photo. So, a massively broad range of skill at hand.

Ok... maybe expand that by insisting, say a panel of 10 judges at least 51% vote in favour of the award?

the EC's worked because they were exclusive, you don't want to saturate the site with premier awards ....

Last Modified By thewaiter at 12 Dec 2008 - 12:52 PM
Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 813402 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
12 Dec 2008 - 12:51 PM

Is it each judge shortlisted the photo, and when let's say the other 6 (7 out of 13 judges) agree, it would be PA; if less than 7 in total, it would be HC?

kind of beaten to it by Kevin.

Last Modified By Coleslaw at 12 Dec 2008 - 12:53 PM
Mari
Mari e2 Member 101825 forum postsMari vcard Wales
12 Dec 2008 - 12:53 PM

I think thats a great idea Smile

Would like to see a few more female pros on the list too

Mari

Just Jas
Just Jas  1225716 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
12 Dec 2008 - 12:58 PM

Er-er-er- er ahem? Wink

Mari
Mari e2 Member 101825 forum postsMari vcard Wales
12 Dec 2008 - 1:02 PM

hmm well perhaps I didn't word that exactly as I should have Jas but i'm sure everyone knows what I mean!!

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.