Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

New Regulation for photographers

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

50% OFF new PortraitPro 12, plus EXTRA 5% OFF code EPHZROS414
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    kombizz
    kombizz  9591 forum posts United States1 Constructive Critique Points
    2 Nov 2011 - 6:24 AM

There is a new regulation for any photographer who likes to take images for “more than 5 minutes at location”.
    NPPA protested this rule which you might find it here.

Last Modified By kombizz at 2 Nov 2011 - 6:24 AM
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    2 Nov 2011 - 6:24 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Tonyd3
    Tonyd3  91009 forum posts United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
    2 Nov 2011 - 3:21 PM

All very well in the land of the free then!

igknight
    igknight  230 forum posts United States
    3 Nov 2011 - 1:57 PM

Interesting, not sure how they can do that with it being on public property. I'm sure the cops have nothing better to do then sit and time photographers for their 5 minutes, and check absolutely every single person with a camera to make sure they have the proper license.

GillR
    GillR  771 forum posts United Kingdom
    4 Nov 2011 - 2:28 PM

These aren't "new" regulations : if you read this article and follow the link to the regs, you can see that they've been around since about 1970.

Although most professional and amateur photographers were not the intended target of these municipal regulations, which were originally crafted to regulate street-vendor type cameramen who take photos of tourists and sell them for a fee, some worry that there is still potential for abuse.

User_Removed
    4 Nov 2011 - 3:12 PM

Quote: These aren't "new" regulations : if you read this article and follow the link to the regs, you can see that they've been around since about 1970.

Although most professional and amateur photographers were not the intended target of these municipal regulations, which were originally crafted to regulate street-vendor type cameramen who take photos of tourists and sell them for a fee, some worry that there is still potential for abuse.

Yep - Thinks are different in America. In UK the type of street photographer you mention needs to have a street trader's licence rather than meet any photography regulations.

Quote:

All very well in the land of the free then!

Love that comment, Tony. As someone who spends a lot of time in America, three myths that always amuse me:

1. The Land of the Free

2. The Home of Democracy

2. The idea that God would even consider blessing America.

But, hey, they do have a H..U..G..E variety of superb photographic subjects and the people tend to be especially friendly towards those of us from the Celtic fringes of the British Isles.

thatmanbrian
    6 Nov 2011 - 7:49 PM

I suspect it is aimed at smudgers or people photographing passers-by to sell them the pic? you know, tourists etc.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.