Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

New Sigma 120-300 f2.8 sport and non locking Sigma 1.4 TC

15 Jul 2013 2:21PM
Hi,

Anyone ever had an issue with a TC failing to physically lock into position on a lens.

I have the new Sigma 120-300 f2.8 sport (Nice) and a sigma 1.4 DG EX TC that does not lock into position, that final click, and now the D3 body fails to sense the lens hence no autofocus/Aperature control etc so the pass through is not working. The lens does work fine on the D3 body so does point to the TC.

I've given both parts a good visual and cannot see any damage however it just doesn't align. The lens is new however TC is a few years old , unfortunately I don't have another Sigma lens to try it with to see which is the culprit, i.e. if lens can send it back, if TC wwould it be worth getting it sent toff to Sigma for a repair?

Any assistance would be really appreciated.

-Monty

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

richmowil e2
6 279 1 England
15 Jul 2013 3:22PM
Can't really help you - I have the 100-300F4 and 1.4 DG EX TC and its has worked fine for 5 years or more! I use it with a D300s. Sorry!!
Coventryphotog Junior Member 1 149 United Kingdom
15 Jul 2013 11:44PM
Never had that problem with my 300 prime and 1.4 + 2x TC's

the following will probably not help, but it's perhaps worth a look Smile

http://www.sigmaphoto.com/teleconverter-compatibility

in case the link is removed before you view - sigmaphoto.com/teleconverter-compatibility
16 Jul 2013 9:25AM
Thanks Gents.

I've checked the Sigma web site already and both are compatible, however as this is a brand new Signal lens wanted to just make sure this is not a manufacturing issue that has already been seen.

I've taken the plunge of buying another Sigma TC, if this works will send the other one off for repair and put it up on ebay etc. Can't wait as needed for another weekend of sport so hopefully it's the TC and not the lens.

Will keep you posted.

-Monty
16 Jul 2013 11:09AM
Hope it works out for you Smile
arhb e2
7 2.5k 68 United Kingdom
16 Jul 2013 11:23AM
Sigma should exchange your faulty 1.4tc for one that does work, as it was not fit for purpose, using express delivery.
Another QC issue with Sigma...
16 Jul 2013 6:00PM
Read again lol
24 Jul 2013 7:53PM
Well the 2nd sigma 1.4 TC I purchased off ebay works fine, so thankfully is an issue with the TC not the new Sigma lens.

Spoke to Sigma and they are happy to take a look at my old one let's see what they say.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.