Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 1

New simplified menu bar?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
13 Jul 2012 - 9:13 AM

7-capture.jpg

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
13 Jul 2012 - 9:13 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

davidburleson
davidburleson ePHOTOzine Staff 72366 forum postsdavidburleson vcard United Kingdom
13 Jul 2012 - 9:20 AM

Yep, simplified. We have been tracking the usage of the items in the menu bar (all 152 of them) over the past year and based off that information we have been able to narrow down the menu bar to the most accessed parts. All the other features are still available, just through secondary menus within the areas. For instance, in the galleries, there is a menu on the top right 'Browse Galleries'. The same can be found in the forums for the other features.

We understand that this is going to take some adapting, but overall feel it will make it clearer for everyone (including visitors) to recognise what features are available and how to access the most popular ones.

Last Modified By davidburleson at 13 Jul 2012 - 9:28 AM
answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012607 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
13 Jul 2012 - 9:23 AM

Its completely changed the way I navigate the site, sorry but I really dont like it. It was quick for me before to find my way around.

sherlob
sherlob e2 Member 82332 forum postssherlob vcard United Kingdom125 Constructive Critique Points
13 Jul 2012 - 9:32 AM

Quote: Its completely changed the way I navigate the site, sorry but I really dont like it. It was quick for me before to find my way around.

Agreed. I'm sorry guys, but I hate it. E.g. I used to be able to get to my connections photos's (for example) in 2 clicks - now I can't.

For me this is a massive backward step.

Adam

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
13 Jul 2012 - 9:33 AM

hmmm.... I will reserve judgement at the moment as I do like it simplified, but lots of things are missing at the moment. Though I wish HC gallery is up there in the menu bar.

Last Modified By Coleslaw at 13 Jul 2012 - 9:34 AM
davidburleson
davidburleson ePHOTOzine Staff 72366 forum postsdavidburleson vcard United Kingdom
13 Jul 2012 - 9:35 AM

Quote: Agreed. I'm sorry guys, but I hate it. E.g. I used to be able to get to my connections photos's (for example) in 2 clicks - now I can't.

You can still do so from your userbar.

adrian_w
adrian_w e2 Member 73355 forum postsadrian_w vcard Scotland4 Constructive Critique Points
13 Jul 2012 - 9:37 AM

Sorry to be a party pooper to you guys but I like it. I find it easier to use than the previous one. Not found any problem so far.

sherlob
sherlob e2 Member 82332 forum postssherlob vcard United Kingdom125 Constructive Critique Points
13 Jul 2012 - 9:38 AM

Umm. Actually, I have just noticed that it renders differently in Firefox and these functions are retained making it not too bad. I suspect the issue (for me anyway) is it doesn't render properly on Safari - or perhaps its a local issue - either way on my Mac, using safari, the menu items don't drop under each other as they did - instead they are listed side by side and fall off the right hand edge of the page.

Adam

Coleslaw
13 Jul 2012 - 9:40 AM

I wish HC gallery is up there in the menu bar though....(repeating myself....Smile)

davidburleson
13 Jul 2012 - 9:41 AM

How to find the other galleries:

1. Click on The Galleries

new-simplified-menu-bar-2012-07-13-09-38-44.jpg

2. Hover over 'Browse Galleries' on the right

photography-gallery---ephotozine-members-photo-gallery-2012-07-13-09-39-15.jpg

davidburleson
13 Jul 2012 - 9:41 AM

Quote: Umm. Actually, I have just noticed that it renders differently in Firefox and these functions are retained making it not too bad. I suspect the issue (for me anyway) is it doesn't render properly on Safari - or perhaps its a local issue - either way on my Mac, using safari, the menu items don't drop under each other as they did - instead they are listed side by side and fall off the right hand edge of the page.

We are looking into that bug right now.

NaturesHaven
NaturesHaven e2 Member 3253 forum postsNaturesHaven vcard England5 Constructive Critique Points
13 Jul 2012 - 9:44 AM

Where are the Guest Editors & HC buttons, are they not worth the bother anymore........they are obviously of no importance, you've shoved them over to a little corner where they will die...SadSad

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64470 forum postsSlowSong vcard England29 Constructive Critique Points
13 Jul 2012 - 9:47 AM

Well it looks awful. I liked the GE gallery underneath the EC gallery - now it's more faff. You have to click twice to get to the main gallery too. I'd just got used to that other button. And the menu bar is in stupid type. These tweaks make me so cross. Sad

Last Modified By SlowSong at 13 Jul 2012 - 9:49 AM
SueEley
SueEley e2 Member 8271 forum postsSueEley vcard Wales96 Constructive Critique Points
13 Jul 2012 - 9:59 AM

Oh, yes - it does kind of work in Firefox, which I don't use, even on my Mac. In Chrome, it does exactly what Adam says. Still, I guess that will change.

I really don't like this 'simplification' - it's made things I use harder to find. I liked having all my stuff in one place, under my avatar.

Ade_Osman
Ade_Osman e2 Member 114521 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
13 Jul 2012 - 9:59 AM

Not good guys......It's taking me 3 times longer to get where I want to go to.....Simple yes, but a helluva lot more time spent trying to find things of importance to me and the way I use the site.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.