Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 1

New simplified menu bar?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

davidburleson
davidburleson ePHOTOzine Staff 72350 forum postsdavidburleson vcard United Kingdom
17 Jul 2012 - 9:13 PM

Hi martin.w

You should see 'Compatability View Settings' available from the tools menu as this image shows:

images.jpg

If you don't see this, go to Help and 'About Internet Explorer' and tell me what version number it says you are running.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
17 Jul 2012 - 9:13 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

tomcat
tomcat e2 Member 95916 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
17 Jul 2012 - 9:28 PM

Quote: If it's in 500k and above I'd suggest closing

What you meant Pete, was 500,000 and not 5000k, which led folks to believing you were referring to kilobytesWink

Nowts changed re the menus thoughSad

martin.w
martin.w e2 Member 12352 forum postsmartin.w vcard United Kingdom22 Constructive Critique Points
17 Jul 2012 - 9:31 PM

It says version 7, even though I thought I had updated to V 8 from Chris's link a few pages back. Defo no compatability thingy in my menu David.

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318443 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
17 Jul 2012 - 9:32 PM

ah yes, whoops I'm so used to talking 500k when I'm referring to my salary Wink

I did refer to it as 500,000k in another post later.

The salary thing's a joke btw....that's moderator Chris who's paid that much ...weekly

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318443 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
17 Jul 2012 - 9:35 PM

Martin, it sounds like you may have downloaded V8 but not installed it.
Have you considered using Firefox or Chrome. Both very good alternative browsers that are also free to download and use.

Last Modified By Moderator Team at 17 Jul 2012 - 9:37 PM
lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014142 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
17 Jul 2012 - 9:35 PM

Quote:
The salary thing's a joke btw....that's moderator Chris who's paid that much ...weekly

Sounds a bit low to me..

Pete
17 Jul 2012 - 9:36 PM

Ah sorry I forgot about the bonus aspect for arriving at work on time Wink

martin.w
martin.w e2 Member 12352 forum postsmartin.w vcard United Kingdom22 Constructive Critique Points
17 Jul 2012 - 9:44 PM

LOL Pete, that shows my dimness re computers. But if I haven't installed it, how come I have had various problems since then. No I hadn't considered them (Firefox/Chrome), simply because know very little about them or what they do.

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012604 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
17 Jul 2012 - 9:46 PM

Not sure how, probably one of the 'borrowers' of my laptop but I have IE9 and its horrendous, it was sooooo slow to start and looking at all those options, add ons etc .. I went straight back to firefox.

Pete
17 Jul 2012 - 9:50 PM

Quote: But if I haven't installed it, how come I have had various problems since then.

Not sure...unless... have you now got both installed? So you're clicking on your regular IE7 icon and IE8 is now somewhere in the background I don't use IE so I'm not sure how it works on upgrade.
Have a look in your programs and see if there are two IE icons. And make sure you click the IE8 one.

Try Chrome. It's from Google and people are loving it. When you download and install watch out for do you want X to be added as a tool bar and do you want chrome to be your main browser. At this stage say no so you can just try it without it getting in the way.

Last Modified By Pete at 17 Jul 2012 - 9:52 PM
Jestertheclown
17 Jul 2012 - 9:53 PM

I didn't think that you could have two versions of IE on a machine at the same time.

Isn't each 'new' version an upgrade of the existing one?

Pete
17 Jul 2012 - 9:57 PM

Quote: I didn't think that you could have two versions of IE on a machine at the same time.

Isn't each 'new' version an upgrade of the existing one?

I'm not sure (edit just checked no you can't) - as I say I dont use IE but just trying to fathom out what's going wrong with Martin's machine. I was going to check but I don't even have IE installed - I've not used it for years. I have Safari, Chrome and Firefox and mainly stick with Firefox.

So Martin you could install IE 8 that you downloaded and fingers crossed everything should work.
Or switch to a different brand of browser.

Last Modified By Pete at 17 Jul 2012 - 10:02 PM
martin.w
17 Jul 2012 - 10:01 PM

I can't find Version 8 anywhere, despite downloading it from Chris's link, very odd. I will have a try with Chrome, thanks Pete.

tomcat
tomcat e2 Member 95916 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
17 Jul 2012 - 10:03 PM

In answer to Martin's difficulties, I for one was reluctant to switch from I.E to Firefox, to try and resolve my site navigation issues.
I eventually made the change (two years ago now, perhaps less) and everything has been reasonably OKSmile

Haven't used I.E since

Worth a try mateSmile

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64433 forum postsSlowSong vcard England29 Constructive Critique Points
17 Jul 2012 - 10:07 PM

96,416k now. It's gone down. Guess that's good. Smile

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.