Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 1

New simplified menu bar?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

tomcat
tomcat e2 Member 85856 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
17 Jul 2012 - 10:09 PM

183,000 at the mo - do have Bing and GMX running as wellWink

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
17 Jul 2012 - 10:09 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318432 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
17 Jul 2012 - 10:10 PM

Quote: 96,416k now. It's gone down. Guess that's good.

Yes I don't think you have issues with yours - mines at 348,000 at the moment. It's often extensions / add ons that cause problems. I've removed a few things but always have the web developers tool bar running and an alexa ranking bar.

Last Modified By Pete at 17 Jul 2012 - 10:10 PM
tomcat
tomcat e2 Member 85856 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
17 Jul 2012 - 10:40 PM

This is all very well, but what about the menu issuesTongue

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318432 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
17 Jul 2012 - 10:52 PM

Quote: I have not been aware of the " Foliopic Shop Gallery " before.

Does "Shop" imply that the images are for sale ?

Whoops I forgot to answer this the answer is yes Wink

Quote: I've just had a look and it appears they are for sale? As mentioned above perhaps a brief explanation of changes coming before they happen and not after would be nice.

We've had this feature for well over a year but due to the cluttered nature of the menu it was hard to find. Now at least two people know it exists. Smile
If you have a foliopic you can select for sale when you upload photos to the gallery directly from your foliopic site. Those photos then appear with a large for sale button in your epz portfolio and link back to the foliopic site where you can set prices. They also appear in their own gallery which is what you saw. We hope to make more of this feature in the future.

Quote: This is all very well, but what about the menu issues

Still in progress.

Last Modified By Pete at 17 Jul 2012 - 10:52 PM
tomcat
17 Jul 2012 - 11:10 PM

Quote: Still in progress.

Go to bed
There is always tomorrowWink

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
18 Jul 2012 - 9:24 AM

Right, I didn't comment much after creating this thread.

My thought after using it since it implemented are:
This is a photography website. To tuck away most of the galleries from the top menu is just insane. Instead of 2 clicks, I now need to do 4 clicks to get into HC Gallery.
Also, to put POTW gallery in competition is not really a wise move, after all, people can't really take part in it unless they already have an EC that week.

All other parts are fine for me.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139390 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
18 Jul 2012 - 11:06 AM

I can see regulars favouriting/bookmarking specific pages rather than wading through multiple sub-menus. Perhaps this is actually what we are being pushed towards doing?

To hide away, at the bottom of the page, items we should be encouraging members to use seems a bit odd. The FAQs for example.

JN_CHATELAIN_PHOTOGRAPHY
18 Jul 2012 - 11:32 AM

Is there a big difference between "latest topics" and "recent activity" in the forum menu? Could be simplified by getting rid of one or the other.

Jestertheclown
18 Jul 2012 - 11:51 AM

Quote: Is there a big difference between "latest topics" and "recent activity" in the forum menu?

There is to me. I never use the 'latest topics' button, which brings me to what CB's just said, above.
I have icons set up on my 'bookmarks' toolbar which link me directly to the pages on here that I always use, my own pf., 'latest topics' in the forums and the critique gallery.
I also have a desktop icon which opens my pf., so moving and/or hiding the various buttons on here can make little difference if you set your machine up.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139390 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
18 Jul 2012 - 12:30 PM

I'm just wondering whether there were loads of complaints about the old menu system?

The problem is not the policy (simplification), which is a worthy goal, but the implementation of it which appears to have led to more complexity rather than less.

AlexandraSD
18 Jul 2012 - 12:37 PM

I really like the new look menu, its not as busy as the last one, which took me an age to get used to, although since its introduction i have noticed that this site now takes a good while longer to load, for some odd reason i have to wait between 5 to 10 seconds before the text entry fields can be used, i had thought it was all those flash adverts that are now here, but i cannot be sure.

Carabosse
18 Jul 2012 - 12:43 PM

Going through multiple menus as a consequence of a simplified main menu is often going to be more time-consuming. That might be the price of "simplification".

Is it a price worth paying? I guess the answer to that will depend on how the individual uses the site and even the devices used to access EPZ.

tomcat
18 Jul 2012 - 2:45 PM

The menu issue which a few of us reported (well I did anywayTongue), has been resolvedTongue

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 54203 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
18 Jul 2012 - 3:10 PM

Well FF did another upgrade this morning and it's as slow and hesitant as it was before. Everything's dragging. Sad In fact it's worse. I just waited 12 seconds to edit this thread and it stops every single time I click on something.

Last Modified By SlowSong at 18 Jul 2012 - 3:11 PM
davidburleson
davidburleson ePHOTOzine Staff 72302 forum postsdavidburleson vcard United Kingdom
18 Jul 2012 - 3:14 PM

@SlowSlong I would suggest reviewing what add-ons you have installed. Often times these can make things drag.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.