Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

New simplified menu bar?

Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
18 Jul 2012 3:23PM
This whole episode had been a bit of a drag, hasn't it? Wink

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
18 Jul 2012 3:24PM

Quote:@SlowSlong I would suggest reviewing what add-ons you have installed. Often times these can make things drag.
What are add-ons? I don't think I've got any.
Jestertheclown 6 6.6k 242 England
18 Jul 2012 3:32PM

Quote:I would suggest reviewing what add-ons you have installed. Often times these can make things drag.

Why would add-ons which have never previously caused a problem suddenly do so?
I can understand that happening if one of them was found to be incompatible with an update but FF went home here about two weeks ago, all of its own accord.
18 Jul 2012 3:33PM
@SlowSong At the top of FireFox click on tools then 'Add-ons' This will open a new tab. Click on 'Extensions' and let us know what you have there. This is a list of add-ons you have installed.
SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
18 Jul 2012 3:33PM
Keep crossing posts here. But, just did what David said and I've got 6 listed but all Disabled.
Bing
Default mgr
Java console
McAfee for FF
Site advisor
Seach helper ext
18 Jul 2012 3:35PM

Quote:Why would add-ons which have never previously caused a problem suddenly do so?

1. Firefox update conflict

2. Extension update making things bloated

3. Extensions being installed (unknowingly) by other software (ie: AVG).

There have been some issues with Adobe Flash plugin for Firefox lately which I have noticed some issues with on many sites, including ePHOTOzine. I hope adobe get it resolved soon.
saltireblue e2
4 4.3k 26 Norway
18 Jul 2012 3:37PM

Quote:Well FF did another upgrade this morning and it's as slow and hesitant as it was before. Everything's dragging. Sad In fact it's worse. I just waited 12 seconds to edit this thread and it stops every single time I click on something.

Quote:@SlowSlong I would suggest reviewing what add-ons you have installed. Often times these can make things drag.

FF has upgraded on my laptop as well, but no noticeable drop in speed as a result.

Malc
18 Jul 2012 3:38PM
@SlowSong At least we have ruled that possibility out then. I see your running Windows 7 64-bit. This is the particular platform that flash player is having issues in firefox on. Do you find it's not always slow, just occasionally unbearably slow?
SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
18 Jul 2012 3:43PM
I've fixed it. I think. Guess how ....... SadSadSad
18 Jul 2012 3:44PM

Quote:I've fixed it. I think. Guess how ....... SadSadSad

Go on, how?
SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
18 Jul 2012 3:45PM
You're the expert. What's the first thing people are usually told to do?
Grin
18 Jul 2012 3:47PM

Quote:You're the expert. What's the first thing people are usually told to do?
Grin

1. Make sure it's plugged in.

2. Turn it off/ Turn it Back on

Those 2 things generally sort out 90% of all IT problems in my experience Tongue
SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
18 Jul 2012 3:51PM
1. Make sure it's plugged in. - Derrrrrrr. I might be blond but I'm not that daft. Grin

2. Turn it off/ Turn it Back on - Got it in 2. No hesitation at all now. The only reason I didn't do that before is that I've turned my machine on and off every day so why it should work this time I've no idea.

I really learn a lot about the workings of computers from people on here. The simplest of problems seem to have endless causations and solutions, none of which I understand. I think you lot are brilliant, and you even put up with my questions even when I'm being a dork.

Thanks Grin
18 Jul 2012 4:00PM
Well there ya go Smile, the 2 step process works
SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
18 Jul 2012 4:02PM

Quote:Well there ya go Smile, the 2 step process works
Yeah, till next time. I don't trust the b******s.
Grin

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.