Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 1

New simplified menu bar?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1218416 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
18 Jul 2012 - 5:43 PM

My Firefox has just automatically updated. For a few days I've not been able to log into ebay - it sends me to a page that does not exists. I cleared cache and cookies and restarted my computer and nothing changed it. After the update it works again. Maybe coincidence. It's hard to tell with computers. I'm hoping the constant flash crash will now be resolved. The trouble is with computers and browsers and software and virus protection and add ons, is all it needs is a pair to conflict and all sorts of weird stuff can happen. And when it's on epz we automatically get the blame. I understand why - I was ranting to myself about ebay...but it appears it was a buggette with my system. and that's often the case as we just found with you Chris. Hopefully some of the others will realise that we may be to blame some of the time, but occasional (often) it's YOUR FAULT Wink (not directed at you Chris - basically anyone who finds problems with speed / weird goings on, etc.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
18 Jul 2012 - 5:43 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Jestertheclown
18 Jul 2012 - 5:50 PM

My Firefox has also just updated so perhaps it might start behaving again on here too.

Trouble is; I've found that I quite like 'Chrome' now!

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1218416 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
18 Jul 2012 - 6:00 PM

A lot of people who moved from IE to Firefox are now switching to Chrome. I'm not quite there yet and still generally happy with Firefox, although the rate Google are merging features and introducing new stuff it might become the better tool for other reasons soon.

strawman
strawman  1021991 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
18 Jul 2012 - 6:46 PM

I switched IE to Firefox to Chrome I find it also helps with integration of their cloud services if you use them plus it quick links into maps etc.

strawman
strawman  1021991 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
18 Jul 2012 - 6:54 PM

P.S the new interface works a lot better on my tablet than the old one.

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 53989 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
18 Jul 2012 - 7:07 PM

Quote: (often) it's YOUR FAULT Wink (not directed at you Chris

I should think not indeed. It timed it just right to make it look as if it was. Tongue

Quote:
[quote] A lot of people who moved from IE to Firefox are now switching to Chrome.

I switched to firefox on the recommendation of EPZ IT bods, so were they wrong and I should have gone straight to Chrome? No - don't answer that. Wink

Just bought a bottle of Hendricks gin as recommended by another EPZ member. Apparently you have it with cucumber. Just what you need after a long day's IT-ing. Smile

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 33366 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway22 Constructive Critique Points
18 Jul 2012 - 7:25 PM

Quote: Apparently you have it with cucumber.

Just use it to stir the G&T then throw it away.Wink

Malc

YoBellzaa
YoBellzaa ePHOTOzine Staff 7224 forum postsYoBellzaa vcard England
18 Jul 2012 - 8:06 PM

Quote: A lot of people who moved from IE to Firefox are now switching to Chrome. I'm not quite there yet and still generally happy with Firefox, although the rate Google are merging features and introducing new stuff it might become the better tool for other reasons soon.

ePHOTOzine got me using Firefox, I loved it, but I've installed Chrome on computer, iPhone and iPad, I really like it. There is just a couple of add-ons I really like on Firefox, I haven't checked to see if they are available on Chrome, if so, I might move over completely. Synced bookmarks on all devices, cool Smile

davidburleson
davidburleson ePHOTOzine Staff 72236 forum postsdavidburleson vcard United Kingdom
18 Jul 2012 - 8:12 PM

Chome is really good, Firefox is really good. It's hard to say which is better. For me it's about the available tools due to my type of work.

Pete
18 Jul 2012 - 9:59 PM

Today's Firefox update hasn't stopped Flash crashing, which is affecting the browser's performance.

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 53989 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
19 Jul 2012 - 5:35 PM

Ah, someone's been busy. I can now click on my avatar to get to my p/f and any of the top menu buttons to get to that page without having to use a menu. Smile
Now all we need is the EC, HC and GE pages to be all listed separately under the main Photos button. SmileSmile

Last Modified By SlowSong at 19 Jul 2012 - 5:36 PM
Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 813402 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
20 Jul 2012 - 10:52 AM

So, would the top menu be further modified or would it stay as it is? Smile

SlowSong
20 Jul 2012 - 11:27 AM

I still think FAQs should be up the top too. And perhaps with a drop down to Contact Us and Report options.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139367 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
20 Jul 2012 - 11:51 AM

I think everything at the bottom of the page should be at the top. Not beyond ingenuity to make it so, without increasing the number of main headings, i.e. 8, as this appears to be sacrosanct. The names of the headings may need to be changed a bit, but that's all.

I'd be more than happy to suggest a layout, if I didn't think it would fall on deaf ears! Wink

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 813402 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
20 Jul 2012 - 12:00 PM

Quote: I think everything at the bottom of the page should be at the top

naa..... they can stay at the bottom....every single one of them....Smile

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.