Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

New to ePHOTOzine and to websites!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    acaado1
    acaado1  6 England
    13 Jan 2008 - 11:10 AM

Hi,

I have just joined up both here and with Photium. Now that I am semi-retired I want to really get into sharing my passion for photography.

I intend to become an e2 member and to download images. For now, I would be delighted if you would kindly have a look at my week old website and let me know what you think.

I would really like to know roughly how long I have to wait before Google, Yahoo etc. will actually start to show me at all and then high up the listings.

Cheers!

My new site is at http://www.adrianalmondphotography.com/

Last Modified By Moderator Team at 13 Jan 2008 - 11:12 AM
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    13 Jan 2008 - 11:10 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Coleslaw
    Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
    13 Jan 2008 - 11:16 AM

Just glanced through your website, looks fine to me.

WelshKiwi
    WelshKiwi  63231 forum posts Wales2 Constructive Critique Points
    13 Jan 2008 - 11:29 AM

Hello Adrian.

How are you, and WELCOME to EPZ.

This site is fun and addictive and you wil get so much fun and advice from all the members on here.

Just jump right on in there and ask your questions (I see you have asked for comments re your site, and I promise to look) and someone is bound to be able to help you.

Keep coming on to the forums and you will soon have lots of regular friends to chat the hours away with.

ROLL CALL is a thread going at the moment for people to get together on a big ole comfy couch to just have a general banter.

There is also another thread going on about queations you feel to dumb to ask.

On BOTH those threads you can be safe in the knowledge that we are all beginners asking the wiser members to impart their expertise on us.

Have fun, and upload an image ok.

Lee Smile

Barbaraj
    Barbaraj  7450 forum posts England
    13 Jan 2008 - 11:40 AM

I looked at and really like your portfolio/ web page . Draw up a comfy seat and load a photo here and enjoy the forums. Welcome to EPZ.

Last Modified By Barbaraj at 13 Jan 2008 - 11:41 AM
    Carabosse
    Carabosse e2 Member 1139544 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
    13 Jan 2008 - 1:14 PM

Quote: I would really like to know roughly how long I have to wait before Google, Yahoo etc. will actually start to show me at all and then high up the listings.

Or indeed show you at all! Wink

If you haven't already done so you might like to "register" your site with Google. See here.

Welcome to EPZ! Smile

Last Modified By Carabosse at 13 Jan 2008 - 1:15 PM
    acaado1
    acaado1  6 England
    13 Jan 2008 - 3:06 PM

Coltranekoh, thanks for checking my site.

Lee, I really appreciate the warm welcome, info and advice. I will definitely post some photos today.

Barbaraj, thanks - I now know that I will enjoy the Forums.

Carabosse, thanks for the suggestion and greeting. I have now registered with Google and can only hope that one day my Photium site comes up within the first few listed hits like a good number of other Photium supported photographers!

Thank you all for your interest and time!!

Adrian

Big Bri
    Big Bri  1315605 forum posts United Kingdom
    13 Jan 2008 - 4:56 PM

Adrian, please don't take this the wrong way, but I'd be interested to know what you are actually searching for on Google that you expect to come up in the first few listed ?
    If your website is a week old and there are millions of websites already, why do you think that just waiting will get yours to the top of the list ?

acaado1
    acaado1  6 England
    13 Jan 2008 - 5:12 PM

Hello Big Bri, of course I will not take your comment the wrong way. Please forgive my lack of savvy when it comes to web pages and Google hits. I simply want to share my passion with lots of people and when I enjoyed looking recently at a number of fellow photographers, some of whom also have new Photium websites, I noticed that most of them came up straight away on Google. I just wondered if I had not done something correctly in my Photium setup.

Thanks for taking the time to check out my site

Kind regards

Adrian

Big Bri
    Big Bri  1315605 forum posts United Kingdom
    13 Jan 2008 - 6:44 PM

OK, forgive me but I still don't know what you're typing into Google to get these others:

Quote: fellow photographers, some of whom also have new Photium websites, I noticed that most of them came up straight away on Google

Are you searching for them by name ?

btw, congratulations on being a newbie and figuring out how to get a link working straight away. I know it's simple really, but you'd be amazed the number of people on here for years still can't get it working Wink

WelshKiwi
    WelshKiwi  63231 forum posts Wales2 Constructive Critique Points
    13 Jan 2008 - 6:50 PM

Quote: but you'd be amazed the number of people on here for years still can't get it working

We have had lesson in a NGLCT thread, the oldies (as in member years) have been teaching us Smile

Sorry OT Smile

Lee Smile

dougv
    dougv Site Moderator 108378 forum postsdougv vcard England3 Constructive Critique Points
    13 Jan 2008 - 7:00 PM

Quote: btw, congratulations on being a newbie and figuring out how to get a link working straight away.

That would have been me Bri.
    Ever helpful, I spend my days scouring the forums for links that need fixing.
    Wink

alwolf
    alwolf  7341 forum posts England3 Constructive Critique Points
    13 Jan 2008 - 8:33 PM

Hi Adrian, website looks good, i like your Lakeland images, I live close to RAF Cosford every year they have an Airshow so this year plan to get some images.
    alan

dathersmith
    13 Jan 2008 - 9:08 PM

Hi Adrian and welcome to EPZ. I've just had a look at your web site and it looks good to me, you've got some great images on there. I live in Cumbria myself and needless to say we have some similar shots.

PS, I'm just in the process of putting a Photium site together myself and hope to 'publish' it in the next few days.

Darren.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.