Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

New to MAC's

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    nikguyatt
    nikguyatt  10526 forum posts England
    2 Oct 2012 - 10:11 PM

Hi All

I am now a proud owner of an iMac. This is my first mac after many many years of PC's.

Is there anything I need to know about the photography side of the mac, ie colour profiles for monitors etc as its all pretty new to me. I don't print anything, but would like to know what i see on the screen is correct!

Many thanks in advance

Nik

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    2 Oct 2012 - 10:11 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ourdayphotos
    2 Oct 2012 - 10:18 PM

I use an imac with CS5, I just plugged it in & it worked, colours are perfect as far as I can see & the prints from my canon printer are spot on.

nikguyatt
    2 Oct 2012 - 10:22 PM

I am noticing that in the few days I have owned it, things just work...a comment I have heard many times about MACs!

User_Removed
    2 Oct 2012 - 10:32 PM

Calibrate your screen with one of these, because things just work you'll not have any problem Smile

newfocus
    newfocus  8644 forum posts United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    2 Oct 2012 - 10:33 PM

Quote: would like to know what i see on the screen is correct

It depends how accurate you want to be but if you care about correct colours, calibrating your screen with and external device is the way to go. Most come with software which automatically creates and sets the correct monitor profile.

From memory, the macs I've used haven't been too bad out of the box but if you're making creative editing decisions based on what you're seeing, calibration seems worth the effort to me.

nikguyatt
    3 Oct 2012 - 8:40 AM

Cheers guys! Once I get some cash together I will invest in a calibrating device. Nice to know that the mac isn't too far off out of the box though!

alansnap
    alansnap e2 Member 10528 forum postsalansnap vcard United Kingdom22 Constructive Critique Points
    3 Oct 2012 - 9:05 AM

Hi, yes I would calibrate the monitor. I use a Color Munki, but I must say there's rarely any change when I reset it. Welcome to the iMac world, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
    Alan

nikguyatt
    3 Oct 2012 - 10:02 AM

If the past few days are to go by.........I am going to love them!

colin beeley
    colin beeley e2 Member 111070 forum postscolin beeley vcard England10 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Oct 2012 - 3:24 AM

mine worked straight out of the box as well, the only problem i had is memory i had to get more now on 12g seems ok now Wink here

Last Modified By colin beeley at 6 Oct 2012 - 3:28 AM
    • «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.