Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

New Upgrade Poll

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

davidburleson
davidburleson ePHOTOzine Staff 72350 forum postsdavidburleson vcard United Kingdom
1 Nov 2007 - 12:43 PM

Hi Everyone,

We have launched a new poll in our Poll Section. We are asking you, the members, your input on what upgrade on the ePHOTOzine we should do next. In the poll there are 6 upgrades, pick the upgrade that you would most like to see added into ePHOTOzine. At the end of November, the winning upgrade will be developed and added to to the site.

Here is a brief explanation of each upgrade listed in this months poll:

user given awards for photos - this will allow e2 member to develop their own award to hand out once a week to any photo in the gallery. These photos will display the award under the existing site awards. Each award will also have its very own gallery.

members meetings section - a section on the site that makes it easier to find members meetings in your area. This will show where it will be hosted, photos taken at the meetings, the dates, and much more.

e2 payment options - the option to pay monthly and possibly life-time membership. Also the ability to pay through Paypal.

quality rating - We have devised a formula to calculate, based off many factors on the site, the quality of a photo. This will not replace the votes system but more of an additional figure that some might find interesting.

member location map - much like the photo location map, see what other ePHOTOzine members are in your area. There will be an option to disable yourself from showing. This may make it easier to organise members meetings.

member groups - a new section that allows members to create groups that members can join. Each group will have its own area with member only sections such as message board, gallery, news, and a few more things.

We are looking forward to every one's input on this. Feel free to reply with more ideas regarding these upgrades.

Remember, the upgrade with the most votes will be developed in December. Get voting!

Last Modified By davidburleson at 1 Nov 2007 - 1:22 PM Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
1 Nov 2007 - 12:43 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014142 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
1 Nov 2007 - 12:50 PM

Quote: quality rating

- As long as it includes the Cc it's bound to be accurate Wink

Last Modified By lobsterboy at 1 Nov 2007 - 12:51 PM
RipleyExile
1 Nov 2007 - 12:52 PM

What factors are being used to calculate the quality rating and what weighting (if any) will each one have?

KatieR
KatieR  106197 forum posts6 Constructive Critique Points
1 Nov 2007 - 12:54 PM

Looks interesting. Thanks.

Could I just ask about the Members Meeting thing... has someone considered security and practical issues? It would be good to make sure that only registered members of the site can sign up to come along - not only for personal security but also for practical reasons such as times when it is not feasible to have a large group.

I don't think it has been a big problem in the past, but if there is an opportunity to think about this a little, I would be grateful if it could be taken.

Ta.

davidburleson
davidburleson ePHOTOzine Staff 72350 forum postsdavidburleson vcard United Kingdom
1 Nov 2007 - 1:05 PM

All input provided here will be considered in the winning upgrade.

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014142 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
1 Nov 2007 - 1:12 PM

Quote: We have devised a formula to calculate, based off many factors on the site, the quality of a photo.

Ohh looking forward to all those "why is my ratio so low - compared to this shot" threads Wink

randomrubble
1 Nov 2007 - 1:16 PM

Quote: members meetings section - a section on the site that makes it easier to find members meetings in your area. This will show where it will be hosted, photos taken at the meetings, the dates, and much more.

Long overdue IMO

mattw
mattw  105189 forum posts United Kingdom10 Constructive Critique Points
1 Nov 2007 - 1:21 PM

Quote: We have devised a formula to calculate, based off many factors on the site, the quality of a photo.

Translation: we have devised a random number generator Smile

Personally I went for the E2 payment options because it's comming up to December, and renewal time for many E2 members.

culturedcanvas

I sense a poll fad coming on here ....

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318443 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
1 Nov 2007 - 1:40 PM

This poll idea is a new idea we are trialling to prioritise some the items on our wish list of future features. We can base a percentage of our development on what you want, rather than what we think you want.

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
Just Jas
Just Jas  1225752 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
1 Nov 2007 - 1:41 PM

My first comment is that there is no option to vote for none of them.

But I guess having put together a team we must keep them busy!

(Can't have them doing nothing!) Smile

ahollowa
ahollowa  101070 forum posts England
1 Nov 2007 - 2:04 PM

I guess no vote is a vote for none of them.

Have to have a think but on an initial look I would think the payment option.
cheers

Al.

SuziBlue
SuziBlue  1116195 forum posts Scotland10 Constructive Critique Points
1 Nov 2007 - 2:15 PM

To be honest, none of them fill me with excitement and burning desire. But in the hope of an even livelier forum (is that possible? can we cope with even more pith and moment?) I've gone for the first option! hehe

Wink

MDaniel
MDaniel  8 Ghana3 Constructive Critique Points
1 Nov 2007 - 2:34 PM

I agree with Suziblue on this, not an exiting list.

The first option is the same as the current vote system I wil give you a rose if you put your photo in my group etc (Is that not a Flickr thing? like the last option in the list) Can you manage all the groups that could evolve from this?

Members meetings - there are lots of members around the world, nice to know I supose

Payment sounds almost there if you offer a discount like magazines etc buy two years for GBP 50.

Members groups same as Flickr, surely?!? They do a two year saving on subscriptions so not an original idea either on that one.

Sorry to not be so positive on this one.

Just Jas
Just Jas  1225752 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
1 Nov 2007 - 2:36 PM

Quote: I guess no vote is a vote for none of them.

Maybe, but it's not recorded or seen.

Anyway, here's my 'No Vote' X

jas

Last Modified By Just Jas at 1 Nov 2007 - 2:38 PM

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.