Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

New Upload Method on ePHOTOzine

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

davidburleson
davidburleson ePHOTOzine Staff 72354 forum postsdavidburleson vcard United Kingdom
26 May 2011 - 4:18 PM

Quote: Will there be a way of uploading 1 per day directly to the gallery (i.e. what we have now)?

Yes, there will still be a way to do this.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
26 May 2011 - 4:18 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315396 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
26 May 2011 - 4:22 PM

Why not go the whole hog and include online storage for its EPZ members, at a cost obviously.

EddieAC
EddieAC  9681 forum posts United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
26 May 2011 - 4:27 PM

Quote: If not, this means to get an image into the gallery will now be a two-step process (upload to PF then transfer to gallery), correct?

Will there be a way of uploading 1 per day directly to the gallery (i.e. what we have now)?

Quote: When you go to upload a photo to a an area on the site (ie: Gallery, Competitions, Challenges, Groups, Group Events) you will have the option to either upload a new photo from your computer or choose from a photo in your portfolio.

This means it can still be a one step process if you choose the option to upload from computer and also will mean one per day if uploading to the gallery.

Edit: lol David got there first Grin

Last Modified By EddieAC at 26 May 2011 - 4:32 PM
KenTaylor
KenTaylor e2 Member 102980 forum postsKenTaylor vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
26 May 2011 - 4:46 PM

Within the maze of options I am struggling trying to find how I change the portfolio background colour to black

KarenFB
KarenFB Junior Gallery Team 84284 forum postsKarenFB vcard England163 Constructive Critique Points
26 May 2011 - 4:52 PM

Go to 'My Settings' then 'Portfolio Setting' on the drop down you will find 'Portfolio Style'. Scroll down and there it is! Smile

KenTaylor
KenTaylor e2 Member 102980 forum postsKenTaylor vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
26 May 2011 - 5:20 PM

Got it, more menus than you can shake a stick at.
Thanks Smile

mattw
mattw  105189 forum posts United Kingdom10 Constructive Critique Points
26 May 2011 - 5:52 PM

Quote: So, the advantages we see are:

- You only ever have to upload a photo once
- You will be able to upload more photos each day
- You get a better look on where the photo is on the site

I know you get a lot of requests to increase the '1 per day' limit, but the disadvantage of this system is that is does sound more complex than we have already.

Sometimes simplicity is a virtue.

Is EPZ a site for sharing photographs with other photographers, or a site for uploading everything we take?

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139463 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
26 May 2011 - 6:37 PM

Under this proposal, the upload to gallery remains at one a day. This is I would guess is what's most important to people....especially those who use EPZ for, ahem, 'social networking'. Wink

Presumably the one a day would still be on the 'use it or lose it' basis..... or is this to change? If it is not changing to (say) 30 a month - to be uploaded one at a time over the month, or all in one go or something in-between - I can't see how members will discern any advantage. This is surely a site for sharing photos, not storing them? There are many other sites on which we can store photos - or we can just store them on our own computers, EHDs etc

The proposal is already causing confusion. There is the kernel of a good idea here, but it needs to be fully thought through. Smile

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014146 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
26 May 2011 - 6:51 PM

Quote:
1. All photos will be uploaded directly to your portfolio. You will have the ability to upload multiple photos per day to your portfolio. We haven't decided yet, but there have been talks about allowing unlimited portfolio uploads or a monthly upload limit.

I am not sure I would want every photo visible in my PF - I quite often would want shots from meets and groups displayed there.

strokebloke
26 May 2011 - 7:33 PM

Quote: ....I took around 30,000 images during the last two weeks, Interesting times ahead then

At which point during the 1 minute & 37 seconds available to you as 'free-time' in any 24 hours, do you get to:-

1 eat & drink?
2 s**t?
3 sleep?
4 engage your fascinating social life?

You'd be a fun guy to spend an evening in the pub with [but I guess you never get to the pub] [or have an evening] GrinGrinGrin

You're an infinitely better man than me Gunga Din Wink

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139463 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
26 May 2011 - 8:08 PM

I'm guessing Mike's 30,000 time-lapse shots were on a timer. Wink

JJGEE
JJGEE  96311 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
26 May 2011 - 8:11 PM

Quote: I am not sure I would want every photo visible in my PF

Perhaps they will not be visible to everyone, only to yourself.

I think they only become visible when linked to another area, like the gallery, group event etc.

strokebloke
26 May 2011 - 8:36 PM

Quote: ... I'm guessing Mike's 30,000 time-lapse shots were on a timer.

Thank God for that.
I was worried for Mike there, for a moment GrinGrin

Eviscera
Eviscera e2 Member 81104 forum postsEviscera vcard United Kingdom149 Constructive Critique Points
26 May 2011 - 8:44 PM

Quote: You will have the ability to upload multiple photos per day

And if that doesn't cheapen the thought and creativity needed to create a quality image , I don't know what will.

Jeez , this is turning f.ickr by the day, the galleries are full of incidental dross apart from the few devotees for quality and innovation , the cg gallery is being overrun by the sacked aol tele-support team and you want to max this !

mmm ....

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64445 forum postsSlowSong vcard England29 Constructive Critique Points
26 May 2011 - 9:20 PM

I'm very happy with my quota of one upload a day. I hardly ever post more than one a week so whatever changes are made won't affect me, but I can't see why anyone would want to flood their p/f with hundreds of pics. Who's going to bother to look through them?

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.