Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

New Upload Method on ePHOTOzine

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

User_Removed
27 May 2011 - 12:31 AM

Guys you both miss the point that some people would like to sit in front of the PC on a Sunday night and upload several days' worth of images in one go instead of having to log in every day after work or what-have-you.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
27 May 2011 - 12:31 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139544 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
27 May 2011 - 1:01 AM

If they want any of those images in the gallery they will still have to log on every day. The ability to merely store photos on the site will be of little relevance to most members. Something a little more radical may be desirable to make any change worthwhile. Otherwise one suspects most members would prefer this somewhat unclear proposal to be dropped. I can't recall seeing any vociferous demands for it. Wink

User_Removed
27 May 2011 - 1:02 AM

You're kidding? What's the point then?

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014170 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
27 May 2011 - 6:08 AM

Quote: You're kidding? What's the point then?

As I understand it, to save you having to upload the same image multiple times to the gallery, groups, competitions,challenges, etc.

user_absconded
27 May 2011 - 6:25 AM

Well I can see a point. On my own pc I have a folder containing "ones I prepared earlier" ready for upload. Recently and unexpectedly I have been away from my home for weeks, and unable to upload. If I had a similar private album on EPZ containing say 20 'spares', I could easily have moved one from the 'spare album', hidden to everyone except me, to the gallery or wherever.

There must be other people that would welcome this facility. Businessmen on the go, people with more time at work than at home, all sorts of reasons why it would be easier to have some extras available in your epz spare album.

Seems to make sense to me, E2 members could say keep 20 spares, and others, say 5. To be topped up as and when. Or have I missed the point!

I wonder why CB has returned to his previously rather difficult arguementative, find fault with everything persona. He's mellowed over the years but is obviously returning to formWink

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012609 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
27 May 2011 - 6:35 AM

Quote: Or have I missed the point!

Nope, I think you have it in one. Seems like a really useful facility to me.

joolsb
joolsb  927115 forum posts Switzerland38 Constructive Critique Points
27 May 2011 - 7:12 AM

I don't think I'll be using it. The only advantage is that it would be slightly less hassle to upload a pic to the forum. But then why bother with the bulk upload facility?

How would it work with 'favourites'? Will my favourites page be flooded with 50 shots from one person and I end up missing the single shots from everyone else? Because if so, I don't think the new system is a good idea.

EddieAC
EddieAC  9684 forum posts United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
27 May 2011 - 7:55 AM

I think your favourites page would only update if the members enter a photo into the gallery no matter how many images they bulk upload. That seems to be the way it will work.

Maddie
Maddie  92714 forum posts United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
27 May 2011 - 8:28 AM

Oh heck.... im still trying to work my way round the changes made already Wink

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64534 forum postsSlowSong vcard England29 Constructive Critique Points
27 May 2011 - 8:52 AM

Quote: Well I can see a point. On my own pc I have a folder containing "ones I prepared earlier" ready for upload. Recently and unexpectedly I have been away from my home for weeks, and unable to upload. If I had a similar private album on EPZ containing say 20 'spares', I could easily have moved one from the 'spare album', hidden to everyone except me, to the gallery or wherever. There must be other people that would welcome this facility. Businessmen on the go, people with more time at work than at home, all sorts of reasons why it would be easier to have some extras available in your epz spare album. Seems to make sense to me, E2 members could say keep 20 spares, and others, say 5. To be topped up as and when.

I agree with Lydia. And you don't have to use it if you don't want to but it is useful for some people. Just a matter of on-line space for the admin I suppose. Smile

User_Removed
27 May 2011 - 9:47 AM

Quote: There must be other people that would welcome this facility. Businessmen on the go

Yes like high flyers in the world of finance and Corporate CEOs? Plus professional athletes with punishing training schedules, stressed-out surgeons, long haul commercial airline pilots etc etc. They will all benefit.

Sometimes members react conservatively to new features with an "if it ain't broke don't fix it" vibe. I can see this is going to be invaluable to lots of busy members.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139544 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
27 May 2011 - 12:34 PM

Quote: I wonder why CB has returned to his previously rather difficult arguementative, find fault with everything persona. He's mellowed over the years but is obviously returning to form

I'll take that as a compliment. Grin I believe in constructive criticism - and have already said there is the kernel of a good idea here. But it has not been thought through.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.