Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Get on1's Perfect Effects 9.5 for FREE! (£48 value)

New V4 ePhotozine views

dougv Plus
11 8.4k 3 England
11 Apr 2007 11:08AM
It's just a few teething problems.

I think most folk will feel they have had out feathers ruffled due to the fact that they have been removed from their comfort zone.
A perfectly normal reaction to change.

I honestly believe that the change was needed for the site to progress, so a little inconvenience is going to be a small price to pay for the improved service in the future.

Lets all bear with it, and I'm quite sure the site will be flying along before too much longer.

Doug ;o)

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

smileylaura 9 640 United Kingdom
11 Apr 2007 11:11AM
Yes and I'm sure it won't be long before everyone forgets what the old site looked like!!!!
lobsterboy Plus
11 14.4k 13 United Kingdom
11 Apr 2007 11:19AM
It seems to be getting quicker already to me.
lobsterboy Plus
11 Apr 2007 11:26AM
It might be worth adding some caching to the home page. I don't think the featured E2 member needs to be updated every time I refresh the screen, the same goes for most of the other stuff.
digicammad 11 22.0k 37 United Kingdom
11 Apr 2007 11:45AM
I love the new look, although it will take me a while to find my way around. Well done team for making such a bold move and not just sticking with the comfy slippers.

One minor point though, clicking on a forum topic is taking me to the last post and I then have to click again to get to page 1. Am I doing something wrong or is this the new default? If the latter, I think it is less convenient than the previous system.

Ian
fauxtography 9 6.6k 36
11 Apr 2007 12:01PM
yup looking good so far guys, well done! Grin
GillyB Plus
10 317 8 United Kingdom
11 Apr 2007 12:05PM
Well done on all the hard work I am sure we will all settle in soon.......please could you tell me if some of the teething problems to be sorted include having the list of favourite photographers easier to access with the last uploaded image viewed first.

gill
lobsterboy Plus
11 Apr 2007 1:35PM
Blimey - its just got a whole lot quicker, looks like the Epz hamster is back on his wheel.
11 Apr 2007 2:30PM
Remember when you upgraded your last camera. It all seemed a bit new and fandangled well the new look site is just the same , in a few weeks you wont even remember what the old site looked like. Great job Pete and the team have done. Relax chill out and enjoy your passion

Colin
stevekhart 9 4.5k 3 United Kingdom
11 Apr 2007 2:43PM
Seems to be responding well for me. Why is this thread pinned?
fauxtography 9 6.6k 36
11 Apr 2007 2:48PM

Quote:Why is this thread pinned?

it's not pinned very well it was halfway down the page earlier! Wink
JohnHawthorne 9 1.7k 5 Scotland
11 Apr 2007 3:01PM
Not sure why this thread is pinned, so I'll unpin it.

It was pinned in the General Photographic Discussion list but not in the recent activity list. That's probably intentional as the recent activity list is a special case and would otherwise be a lot less usuable.

Quote:it's not pinned very well it was halfway down the page earlier!

I'm assuming it should stay at the top of the relevant forum, i.e. General Photographic Discussion, not necessarily the "Recent Activity" list.

Mind you, what this thread is in the Gen Photo forum I couldn't say.
JohnHawthorne 9 1.7k 5 Scotland
11 Apr 2007 3:04PM

Quote:Mind you, what this thread is in the Gen Photo forum I couldn't say.

Good point - I'll move it.
bricurtis Plus
9 2.0k 49 England
11 Apr 2007 3:56PM
Finally managed to get logged in.Site seems to be moving quite well at the moment.
Had a good look around - I like the general layout.
But is anyone else having these problems:-

Triplicateded comments on pics.
Duplicated comments on pics.
Pics with loads of voters but all the comments missing.
Gallery pics not spaced, some touching oneanother nearly overlapping making very untidy looking pages.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.