Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

New V4 ePhotozine views

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

dougv
dougv Site Moderator 108376 forum postsdougv vcard England3 Constructive Critique Points
11 Apr 2007 - 11:08 AM

It's just a few teething problems.

I think most folk will feel they have had out feathers ruffled due to the fact that they have been removed from their comfort zone.
A perfectly normal reaction to change.

I honestly believe that the change was needed for the site to progress, so a little inconvenience is going to be a small price to pay for the improved service in the future.

Lets all bear with it, and I'm quite sure the site will be flying along before too much longer.

Doug ;o)

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
11 Apr 2007 - 11:08 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

smileylaura
11 Apr 2007 - 11:11 AM

Yes and I'm sure it won't be long before everyone forgets what the old site looked like!!!!

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014143 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
11 Apr 2007 - 11:19 AM

It seems to be getting quicker already to me.

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014143 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
11 Apr 2007 - 11:26 AM

It might be worth adding some caching to the home page. I don't think the featured E2 member needs to be updated every time I refresh the screen, the same goes for most of the other stuff.

digicammad
digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
11 Apr 2007 - 11:45 AM

I love the new look, although it will take me a while to find my way around. Well done team for making such a bold move and not just sticking with the comfy slippers.

One minor point though, clicking on a forum topic is taking me to the last post and I then have to click again to get to page 1. Am I doing something wrong or is this the new default? If the latter, I think it is less convenient than the previous system.

Ian

fauxtography
11 Apr 2007 - 12:01 PM

yup looking good so far guys, well done! Grin

GillyB
GillyB e2 Member 9316 forum postsGillyB vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
11 Apr 2007 - 12:05 PM

Well done on all the hard work I am sure we will all settle in soon.......please could you tell me if some of the teething problems to be sorted include having the list of favourite photographers easier to access with the last uploaded image viewed first.

gill

Last Modified By Dave at 11 Apr 2007 - 12:43 PM
lobsterboy
11 Apr 2007 - 1:35 PM

Blimey - its just got a whole lot quicker, looks like the Epz hamster is back on his wheel.

thearmsofvenusdemilo

Remember when you upgraded your last camera. It all seemed a bit new and fandangled well the new look site is just the same , in a few weeks you wont even remember what the old site looked like. Great job Pete and the team have done. Relax chill out and enjoy your passion

Colin

stevekhart
11 Apr 2007 - 2:43 PM

Seems to be responding well for me. Why is this thread pinned?

fauxtography
11 Apr 2007 - 2:48 PM

Quote: Why is this thread pinned?

it's not pinned very well it was halfway down the page earlier! Wink

JohnHawthorne
11 Apr 2007 - 3:01 PM

Not sure why this thread is pinned, so I'll unpin it.

It was pinned in the General Photographic Discussion list but not in the recent activity list. That's probably intentional as the recent activity list is a special case and would otherwise be a lot less usuable.

raziel_uk
raziel_uk  104929 forum posts
11 Apr 2007 - 3:01 PM

Quote: it's not pinned very well it was halfway down the page earlier!

I'm assuming it should stay at the top of the relevant forum, i.e. General Photographic Discussion, not necessarily the "Recent Activity" list.

Mind you, what this thread is in the Gen Photo forum I couldn't say.

JohnHawthorne
11 Apr 2007 - 3:04 PM

Quote: Mind you, what this thread is in the Gen Photo forum I couldn't say.

Good point - I'll move it.

bricurtis
bricurtis e2 Member 91904 forum postsbricurtis vcard England48 Constructive Critique Points
11 Apr 2007 - 3:56 PM

Finally managed to get logged in.Site seems to be moving quite well at the moment.
Had a good look around - I like the general layout.
But is anyone else having these problems:-

Triplicateded comments on pics.
Duplicated comments on pics.
Pics with loads of voters but all the comments missing.
Gallery pics not spaced, some touching oneanother nearly overlapping making very untidy looking pages.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.