Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

New V4 ePhotozine views

BenGriffiths 8 399 England
11 Apr 2007 9:53PM
Sorry for the extra slowness folks, looks like our ad server is playing up - not actually related to V4. We had it nice and quick when I went home. By the time I actually got home it was really slow again Sad Rest assured first thing on tomorrow's list of jobs is to fix this problem Smile

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

martin.w e2
12 354 22 United Kingdom
11 Apr 2007 9:57PM
I don't think anyone has uploaded since about 8.30pm.

Where has the RC gallery gone by the way?
dazzaman 8 630 England
11 Apr 2007 10:25PM
im sorry but i agree with dolphinlady,my favourite photographers list has gone, i cant even get past the first page of my own portfolio.i give up.

a not too happy
dazzaman.
Briwooly 9 452 5 England
11 Apr 2007 10:29PM
30 to 40 sec a page then pf keeps disappearing I give up see what tomorrow brings

Brian........................
BeiK 8 7 Scotland
11 Apr 2007 10:38PM
I went away for a week's holiday and when I came back I couldn't believe how much had happened in my garden in that time...strong new growth everywhere. Then I went on to my favourite Ephotozine but I no longer recognized that familiar site. What's happened , why and to what avail ?....I am not sure that it is "strong new growth", like in my garden...I know most of us become creatures of comfort/familiarity and we really don't like change. I am willing to accept change as long as it's for the better and not just for the sake of it. We don't all HAVE to embrace Windows Vista if that's what it's about, I don't know. But the speed is atrocious at the moment and I must say I have a sad feeling that my time with Ephotozine might be coming to its end if this is going to be a possible new feature for us "non-vistas"....I have faith that it will all be ok again, though....and fun like it used to be.
Bitte
PS I thought before that Ephotozine had its own special features and now, sadly, they think they have to look like everybody else....I might be wrong..
arnieg 10 682 England
11 Apr 2007 10:45PM
this is as bad as than watching paint dry sooooooooooooooooooo slow
mjsayles 8 1.0k
11 Apr 2007 10:47PM
OMG it's SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!

The following navigation has taken me around 6 minutes:

>EPZ Home Page
>Forums - Recent Activity
>This Thread
>Reply

That would ordinarily take about 20 seconds.

I hope this speed thing is just temporary, otherwise it's bye-bye EPZ.
JohnHawthorne 9 1.7k 5 Scotland
11 Apr 2007 10:48PM
It's lightning fast for me now.

Team, the speed bottleneck is pan.ephotozine.com in case you didn't know ....
mjsayles 8 1.0k
11 Apr 2007 10:49PM
And why did it post my message twice when I refreshed the page?

I refreshed the page *after* the page had been updated to include my post.

The reason I refreshed was to see what the page load was stalling on. It seemed to be 'waiting for pan.ephotozine.com' that was causing the loooooong delay.
ade_mcfade e2
10 15.1k 216 England
11 Apr 2007 11:05PM
I dunno why but I opened up Firefox and blocked all the adverts on EPZ and all of a sudden it's useable and fast.

I'd recommend doing that if you are getting frustrated
JohnHawthorne 9 1.7k 5 Scotland
11 Apr 2007 11:09PM
That's because the advertising server pan.ephotozine.com is the major bottleneck. What I don't understand though is how that is causing the slow down with the new V4 since pan.ephotozine.com shouldn't have changed at all. Maybe it was just a coincidence.

That's my understanding anyway, or lack of it maybe.
ade_mcfade e2
10 15.1k 216 England
11 Apr 2007 11:15PM
Ah well all will be revealed

I'm using the new EPZ in Firefox now and it's quicker that it used to be in the old days.

Just a shame I can't upload my lovely shot of a lamb Smile

looks good chaps..

download firefox everyone, it's free and your life will improve
Derek3755 7 4 United Kingdom
11 Apr 2007 11:18PM
well, i am sure you will get all of the problems sorted in the end, but today has just been dreadfully slow, infact it was so slow this morning, i thought my computer has developed a problem as evrything froze, and after restarting 3 times, and being able to visit other sites with no problem, i figured it had to be a problem with ephotozine. tonight is no different.
went to upload a photo, took me ages how to find the link, and then i was told i couldn't upload another photo today, strange i thought, i hadn't uploaded one, tried it again, same message.
and do we not get the number of votes by the photos anymore?
dougv e2
10 8.4k 3 England
11 Apr 2007 11:19PM
Ade, have you tried Opera?
I downloaded it the other night and it isn't bad.

Still using Firefox, but unfortunately I am at work at the moment, so I an using IE Sad

Doug Wink
ade_mcfade e2
10 15.1k 216 England
11 Apr 2007 11:25PM
yeah - i've tested on Opera and safari too, but usually just use the default ie... then someone mentioned Adblock, so when things are grinding I open Firefox and get rid of the annoying ads! so satisfying.

but the difference in response times is staggering

I was getting page refreshes of upto a minute in IE, but in FF it's sub-second in most cases.

That may be because it's just not dowloading images from the dodgy server as I've set it up to ignore those - so that seems a solution.

Of course we can't condone this as EPZ need us to be influenced by their ads to gai revenue Smile

but if you want to be able to use the site now, there's not a lot of choice

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.