Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

New V4 ePhotozine views

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
BenGriffiths
11 Apr 2007 - 9:53 PM

Sorry for the extra slowness folks, looks like our ad server is playing up - not actually related to V4. We had it nice and quick when I went home. By the time I actually got home it was really slow again Sad Rest assured first thing on tomorrow's list of jobs is to fix this problem Smile

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
11 Apr 2007 - 9:53 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

martin.w
martin.w e2 Member 12350 forum postsmartin.w vcard United Kingdom22 Constructive Critique Points
11 Apr 2007 - 9:57 PM

I don't think anyone has uploaded since about 8.30pm.

Where has the RC gallery gone by the way?

dazzaman
dazzaman  7570 forum posts England
11 Apr 2007 - 10:25 PM

im sorry but i agree with dolphinlady,my favourite photographers list has gone, i cant even get past the first page of my own portfolio.i give up.

a not too happy
dazzaman.

Briwooly
Briwooly e2 Member 8452 forum postsBriwooly vcard England5 Constructive Critique Points
11 Apr 2007 - 10:29 PM

30 to 40 sec a page then pf keeps disappearing I give up see what tomorrow brings

Brian........................

BeiK
BeiK  8 Scotland
11 Apr 2007 - 10:38 PM

I went away for a week's holiday and when I came back I couldn't believe how much had happened in my garden in that time...strong new growth everywhere. Then I went on to my favourite Ephotozine but I no longer recognized that familiar site. What's happened , why and to what avail ?....I am not sure that it is "strong new growth", like in my garden...I know most of us become creatures of comfort/familiarity and we really don't like change. I am willing to accept change as long as it's for the better and not just for the sake of it. We don't all HAVE to embrace Windows Vista if that's what it's about, I don't know. But the speed is atrocious at the moment and I must say I have a sad feeling that my time with Ephotozine might be coming to its end if this is going to be a possible new feature for us "non-vistas"....I have faith that it will all be ok again, though....and fun like it used to be.
Bitte
PS I thought before that Ephotozine had its own special features and now, sadly, they think they have to look like everybody else....I might be wrong..

Last Modified By Dave at 11 Apr 2007 - 10:48 PM
arnieg
arnieg  9681 forum posts England
11 Apr 2007 - 10:45 PM

this is as bad as than watching paint dry sooooooooooooooooooo slow

mjsayles
mjsayles  81019 forum posts
11 Apr 2007 - 10:47 PM

OMG it's SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!

The following navigation has taken me around 6 minutes:

>EPZ Home Page
>Forums - Recent Activity
>This Thread
>Reply

That would ordinarily take about 20 seconds.

I hope this speed thing is just temporary, otherwise it's bye-bye EPZ.

JohnHawthorne
11 Apr 2007 - 10:48 PM

It's lightning fast for me now.

Team, the speed bottleneck is pan.ephotozine.com in case you didn't know ....

mjsayles
mjsayles  81019 forum posts
11 Apr 2007 - 10:49 PM

And why did it post my message twice when I refreshed the page?

I refreshed the page *after* the page had been updated to include my post.

The reason I refreshed was to see what the page load was stalling on. It seemed to be 'waiting for pan.ephotozine.com' that was causing the loooooong delay.

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade  1014554 forum posts England216 Constructive Critique Points
11 Apr 2007 - 11:05 PM

I dunno why but I opened up Firefox and blocked all the adverts on EPZ and all of a sudden it's useable and fast.

I'd recommend doing that if you are getting frustrated

JohnHawthorne
11 Apr 2007 - 11:09 PM

That's because the advertising server pan.ephotozine.com is the major bottleneck. What I don't understand though is how that is causing the slow down with the new V4 since pan.ephotozine.com shouldn't have changed at all. Maybe it was just a coincidence.

That's my understanding anyway, or lack of it maybe.

ade_mcfade
11 Apr 2007 - 11:15 PM

Ah well all will be revealed

I'm using the new EPZ in Firefox now and it's quicker that it used to be in the old days.

Just a shame I can't upload my lovely shot of a lamb Smile

looks good chaps..

download firefox everyone, it's free and your life will improve

Derek3755
Derek3755  7 United Kingdom
11 Apr 2007 - 11:18 PM

well, i am sure you will get all of the problems sorted in the end, but today has just been dreadfully slow, infact it was so slow this morning, i thought my computer has developed a problem as evrything froze, and after restarting 3 times, and being able to visit other sites with no problem, i figured it had to be a problem with ephotozine. tonight is no different.
went to upload a photo, took me ages how to find the link, and then i was told i couldn't upload another photo today, strange i thought, i hadn't uploaded one, tried it again, same message.
and do we not get the number of votes by the photos anymore?

dougv
dougv Site Moderator 108357 forum postsdougv vcard England3 Constructive Critique Points
11 Apr 2007 - 11:19 PM

Ade, have you tried Opera?
I downloaded it the other night and it isn't bad.

Still using Firefox, but unfortunately I am at work at the moment, so I an using IE Sad

Doug Wink

ade_mcfade
11 Apr 2007 - 11:25 PM

yeah - i've tested on Opera and safari too, but usually just use the default ie... then someone mentioned Adblock, so when things are grinding I open Firefox and get rid of the annoying ads! so satisfying.

but the difference in response times is staggering

I was getting page refreshes of upto a minute in IE, but in FF it's sub-second in most cases.

That may be because it's just not dowloading images from the dodgy server as I've set it up to ignore those - so that seems a solution.

Of course we can't condone this as EPZ need us to be influenced by their ads to gai revenue Smile

but if you want to be able to use the site now, there's not a lot of choice

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.