Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

New V4 ePhotozine views

Atlas e2
11 621 United Kingdom
11 Apr 2007 11:32PM

Quote:I dunno why but I opened up Firefox and blocked all the adverts on EPZ and all of a sudden it's useable and fast.

I'd recommend doing that if you are getting frustrated

Just done the same. Nice and fast now!

Smile

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Boyd e2
11 11.2k 11 Wales
11 Apr 2007 11:33PM
Maybe that was the secret of my earlier success.
Ooops.
NikonNovice 7 103 1 United Kingdom
11 Apr 2007 11:46PM
I also started using Firefox and it is indeed fast and very usable. Still can't upload though and I sooooooo want the votes tally on my profile without having to open each pic to see if it has gone up.
tepot 10 4.4k United Kingdom
11 Apr 2007 11:54PM

Quote:I sooooooo want the votes tally on my profile without having to open each pic to see if it has gone up.

hear hear!
Diana e2
8 2.0k 19 Netherlands
11 Apr 2007 11:59PM

Quote:Quote:
I sooooooo want the votes tally on my profile without having to open each pic to see if it has gone up.

me too, please lets have the clix back in view

Dianna
Britman e2
8 1.7k England
12 Apr 2007 12:01AM
I think the menu system might be causing some issues. I disabled javascript and the site loads up much faster.

Why was the check box removed that allowed you to leave a comment and a vote at the same time? Having them separate will discourage people from from doing both. It'll be one of the other.

apart from that, thumbs up for v4.

Why not do a thread for snags we find on the new site?
fauxtography e2
9 6.6k 36
12 Apr 2007 12:13AM

Quote:I think the menu system might be causing some issues. I disabled javascript and the site loads up much faster.

You're not wrong! damn it's like lightning without it. I wonder how big are those 5 javascript files it's loading in?
strawman e2
11 22.0k 16 United Kingdom
12 Apr 2007 12:19AM
It is running fast now.
BeiK 8 7 Scotland
12 Apr 2007 9:52PM
...wish I hadn't been so quick to grumble yesterday, I had just come back from a week away and I didn't realise it was the first day the new- look- site was up and running, or not quite running as the case was. Tonight though it's working fine, has gained speed and you quite quickly become familiar with the new look and find your way about (haven't tried uploading or commenting yet, though) and I'm confident the site will continue to give its members the same amount of pleasure aand learning as before. I'm sure a hell of a lot of hard and frustrating work went into the "face lift". Good job.
Bitte
IanFlindt e2
10 739 21 United Kingdom
12 Apr 2007 9:53PM
It's still tortuously slow here.
Little Jo e2
13 2.3k United Kingdom
12 Apr 2007 10:04PM
I had trouble getting in yesterday evening, but today it's much better. I'm sure that over the next few days, the gremlins will get ironed out. It was asking a bit much for everything to work first time on such a complex site.

Smile

Jo
MalcolmS e2
9 1.1k 13 England
12 Apr 2007 10:10PM
How do you disable java script?
Briwooly e2
9 452 5 England
12 Apr 2007 10:54PM
Malcolm don't no if I'v done it right but things do seem to have speeded up
Go to Internet tools then options go down checklist till you see java script untick reboot machine

Brian.................
MalcolmS e2
9 1.1k 13 England
12 Apr 2007 11:02PM
I've got 'Tools' and 'Internet options' but no 'Internet tools', where is it?

Malcolm
Briwooly e2
9 452 5 England
12 Apr 2007 11:06PM
Tools, internet options, Advance tag then tab down the settings to Jarva

Brian..........................

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.