Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

New V4 ePhotozine views

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

JohnDyer
JohnDyer  867 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
12 Apr 2007 - 11:49 PM

Im sure the speed will sort itself out, but I still dont like the profile page its cramped width ways, its not very pleasing to the eye, which is odd for a photographic site, have you considered the rule of thirds?

Smile

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
12 Apr 2007 - 11:49 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

KingArthur
13 Apr 2007 - 12:06 AM

This is my second attempt today trying to upload a shot, which again proved unsucessful! The text and all the details are being uploaded but for some bizarre reason the photo itself is not! In lieu of the shot I keep getting a small dark blank box in the page shot! Has anyone else encountered this problem pls ? I would appreciate any help in this regard.

It really is starting to get frustrating navigating around the various screens. I quite liked the site for its ease of use and simple navigation ..... sorry to say, but I think V4 is one step backward.

Joe

mrganderson
13 Apr 2007 - 12:24 AM

I agree.

i tried to up load some shots yesterday and i still can view them even though it said the upload was sucsessful.

i also agree that the old format and layout was better.

does this mean we are getting ols and don't like change.
(ah remember the good old days)
Bloody whiz kids fiddeling around again

tepot
tepot  104416 forum posts United Kingdom
13 Apr 2007 - 2:48 AM

i think they forgot the old quote "if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it"....lol

personally i was quite happy with the way it was!

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139544 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
13 Apr 2007 - 3:00 AM

I can't recall the EPZ masses baying for V4 ! Wink

tepot
tepot  104416 forum posts United Kingdom
13 Apr 2007 - 3:52 AM

Quote: Bloody whiz kids fiddeling around again

someone gotta give them a job when they leave college!

and basically arn't we all wizz kids loading up stuff that we've done, saying "look what i did, arn't i clever"?

ariel alexandre
13 Apr 2007 - 6:56 AM

Finally, it seems to work at normal speed.
But the new web site is - by far - not as pleasant, not as attractive, not as "punchy", not as aesthetic as it was. The whole presentation looks like baby cloth. I preferred the "old" (much more modern in fact) presentation.
aa

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318459 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
13 Apr 2007 - 7:43 AM

Quote: I can't recall the EPZ masses baying for V4 !

The masses didn't ask for computers when they were happy using typewriters. I'm sure no one actually wants to go back now though.

What the masses did ask for is new features. We have pages of updates that are wanted. Many of these need a new database structure to implement them.

Second reason we need to keep up to date. If Microsoft, for example, had stuck with Windows 98 they may have been overtaken. Now they have Vista...it has flaws...loads of people grumbling. Same happened when XP came along, but it certainly made my life easier once I became familiar with it...and the bugs were resolved. Would you go back from XP to 98? I don't need the answer...the majority will so no!

bmh1
bmh1 e2 Member 8571 forum postsbmh1 vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
13 Apr 2007 - 8:20 AM

Quote: The masses didn't ask for computers when they were happy using typewriters

I'm sure there was a period after the introduction of the early computers when people were not happy with the replacement as the first computers weren't acutually as usable as the old typewriters, but once they had advanced and there were concrete benefits from the new systems everyone was happy.

Once we have some of the updates/upgrades/new features that V4 will make possible I'm sure the vast majority will be happy with the site upgrade.

Bernard

Last Modified By Dave at 13 Apr 2007 - 8:20 AM
keithh
keithh e2 Member 1023196 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna33 Constructive Critique Points
13 Apr 2007 - 8:26 AM

Apart from the 'to be expected' teething problems, I don't see a huge change at the front end. The menu's been redesigned and the whole thing looks clearer, fresher and more in-keeping with current design trends.

I can see a few handy buttons that are missing but these seem to have been flagged in this and the multitude of similar threads currently active.
The 600 pixels have certainly made a difference to the standard gallery and the forum is easier to read. The mid grey background looks better than the EPZ 'not quite blue' old version

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
13 Apr 2007 - 8:49 AM

Not sure if this is mentioned before. If yes, I apologize.
In the old version, I can go to my favourite members here and see the last 10 recent comments they made on other members' pics. Now, I can only see 3.
And also, i can I get a longer list of history what what I have commented in gallery and in forum in the old version.
Is it going to be like the old one now, or is it going to stay this way?

mattw
mattw  105189 forum posts United Kingdom10 Constructive Critique Points
13 Apr 2007 - 8:55 AM

I remember when Windows 95 came out - I hated it! I hated windows XP too. Do I want to go back to Windows 3.1 now?? No way.

Gecko
Gecko  825 forum posts Australia
13 Apr 2007 - 8:57 AM

I would just like to say to the V4 team, well done! I like the new look and congratulate you on a job well done. (this possibly is not the right place to comment, but just needed to add my 2 bobs worth). Cheers Pam

mattw
mattw  105189 forum posts United Kingdom10 Constructive Critique Points
13 Apr 2007 - 9:00 AM

Quote: In the old version, I can go to my favourite members here and see the last 10 recent comments they made on other members' pics. Now, I can only see 3.
And also, i can I get a longer list of history what what I have commented in gallery and in forum in the old version.
Is it going to be like the old one now, or is it going to stay this way?

EPZ will continue to evolve. One of the reasons for the V4 upgrade is that it will be easire to update in the future.

If you feel that you want to see 10 comments rather then 3, then suggest this to the team. They will listen (well, they will after they have ironed out the problems from the upgrade).

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
13 Apr 2007 - 9:01 AM

phew........all right then. I can enjoy my weekend now then....
;p

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.