Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

New website . . .

TAULpaul_R 11 59 United Kingdom
1 Sep 2004 10:17PM
just thought id plug my new website -

loads of photos and info . . .

www.urbanography.info

please let me know what u think?

Thanks

Paul

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

timiano 10 894 United Kingdom
1 Sep 2004 11:36PM
A:hover {color: #0000FF; font-size: 10pt; font-family: Verdana; font-weight: bold}

Change this so your rollovers go a different colour rather than bold, as it screws the formattin of the page and is highly distracting. You could go for the default link to be not underlined, and have it underline as a rollover. Don't like the blue on black, t'is hard to read, and the fancy scrolly things in your gallery..maybe not eh Wink

Otherwise, quite nice and it should do the job nicely. If thats your first crack, its a very good one....and I like your images (the most important bit)

Timiano
Take-a-View 10 293 5 United Kingdom
2 Sep 2004 12:48AM
Good site. Loads nice and quick and some good pics
blindpilot 10 69
7 Sep 2004 12:18PM
i agree with timiano - the link styles are distracting, as are the moving titles in the gallery. i think on a site where the focus is the images, anything distracting only serves to draw attention away from the image. that is not to say that flash sites, movement and transitions are bad, but motion that enhances the site is good, unnecessary motion that is only there for the sake of making some thing move, well...

you have alot of content on there, lots of images (nice) and lots of text (not so nice)

what is the aim of the site - to get work??, to inform??, to showcase??, to sell??

at the moment the aim seems a bit unclear to me - and perhaps if it is just a personal site, then it doesn't matter too much.

however, if you are hoping to get work or to sell your images, then i donb't think it does the job - images are small and low quality, and your portfolio covers so much, that it perhaps seems that you are jack of all, master of none.

having said all that - it works, you have a site which can be worked on and tweaked, mine has been under development for ages now, and i have nearly finished it several times before scrapping it and starting again.

i would sit down and work out what you want the site to do, then look at your's and see if it does it, trying to put yourself in the position of someone in the target audience - does it work, is it quick to get where you want to go??

as for mine, i think i need to bite the bullet and get something done myself
warb 11 839
7 Sep 2004 12:34PM
not a bad site paul, tho do change the rollovers as has been said, i would also get rid of the scrolling text which someone mentioned last time.
ewoo 10 406
7 Sep 2004 12:49PM
Hi,

when i clicked on gallery and then newzealand none of the pics showed....

just quick point, it may be my end though....

edd
suzyg 10 2
7 Sep 2004 9:04PM
ight you are corect edd, but i am currently tweaking the site with some changes.

THANKS TO ALL YOUR COMENTS I HAVE TAKEN THEM ALL INTO ACOUNT AND AM CURRENTLY USING YOUR IDEAS IN SORITNG THINGS OUT!!
answersonapostcard e2
10 12.6k 15 United Kingdom
7 Sep 2004 9:11PM
You might need to sort your id out while you are at it.
TAULpaul_R 11 59 United Kingdom
7 Sep 2004 9:12PM
lol

have now ! ! !

ight you are corect edd, but i am currently tweaking the site with some changes.

THANKS TO ALL YOUR COMENTS I HAVE TAKEN THEM ALL INTO ACOUNT AND AM CURRENTLY USING YOUR IDEAS IN SORITNG THINGS OUT!!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.