Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

New website, not so new member

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    G6DDS
    G6DDS e2 Member 5231 forum postsG6DDS vcard Scotland
    13 Feb 2013 - 2:25 AM

Been inactive on here for some time now as i've been busy bringing up a couple of new editions to the family.
    Got a bit more time on my hands now so i've decided to kickstart my photography with a fresh new website.
    Will be more involved on these forums also as i've missed them a lot.

Comments welcome, good or bad

http://iaingeddesphotography.co.uk/

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    13 Feb 2013 - 2:25 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

GeorgeBuchan
    13 Feb 2013 - 9:18 AM

Nice website, only on comment- when you click on your logo it doesnt take you back to the original home page, it looks like its trying to direct me to your old page or some sort of test page.

Cheers

adrian_w
    adrian_w e2 Member 73355 forum postsadrian_w vcard Scotland4 Constructive Critique Points
    13 Feb 2013 - 10:31 AM

On the "Ian Geddes" page you swap from 3rd person to 1st person & back to 3rd. Make it one or the other but not both.

Nice clean site & well laid out. I particularly like the portraits page, although In my opinion you could do with more models & fewer photos of each; nice as they are.

G6DDS
    G6DDS e2 Member 5231 forum postsG6DDS vcard Scotland
    13 Feb 2013 - 7:51 PM

Thanks George, logo now fixed.

Will re write the about me page, thanks adrian.
    Needing a bit more content for it thats for sure.

nickp
    nickp  9491 forum posts
    14 Feb 2013 - 12:10 PM

Some nice images there! But what do you want me, as a visitor, to do now? Better tell me!

Front page: far too many words. Some (most) of the content from your introduction could usefully go in your About Me page letting your pictures do their thing. You also need a more prominent "Call to action" up front - you already whisper "feel free to contact me"; how about shouting "Call me now" instead? Oh, and put your phone number on the front page.
    I'd also think about separating the blog which is a great feature into its own page rather than tacking it on the bottom of the front page.
    I'd also think about removing the comment form from the pages of your images.

Other pages: think about putting a call to action on all your other pages "Want pictures like these? Call me now on ..."

It will feel like you're blowing your own trumpet too much to start with but if you don't, who will?

Good luck with it!

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.