Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

New Website Critics Needed Please

1 Oct 2012 11:49AM
Hello I recently rebuilt my website and would like some feedback good or bad is welcomed.
Thanks in advance
Paul

http://www.pwone.com/

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

1 Oct 2012 12:12PM
Hi,
Very nice site, simple but everthing works.
You have some great work aswell Smile
If I was to suggest something it would be have to be the picture on the homepage, I think it would look better with a " slideshow" which is simple to create using some CSS.
hollkj e2
10 196 United Kingdom
1 Oct 2012 12:47PM
Hi

My 2p Smile
1) Nice simply presented site.
2) Its pretty quick to load (even over my works lunch time loaded network).
3) Its not passing html validation, although not sure if you're concerned about this or not - check this Linky
4) The design doesn't react to viewing on different devices. On an iphone in portrait mode for example its cramped in to the top half of the screen.

As an aside, I enjoyed looking at your photos Smile
ade_mcfade e2
10 15.1k 216 England
1 Oct 2012 1:09PM
First thought.... the photos are small....

Show them off if you're proud of them, it's almost like you're hiding something with them so dinky

Lets have an email address on the contact page - I've never been a fan of those contact forms as once sent, you don't have a copy of the message

It all seems to work - no dead links Smile

White space... some of the text is a bit outfacing on screen - this for example could have some space in

Quote:Hello and welcome to my site.
I am a photographer based in Devon in the south west of England and have been taking photographs for over 20 years. My main areas of interest are the Urban and Natural Landscapes that surround us as we go about our daily lives.Since graduating from Middlesex University in 2002 with a BA Degree in Fine Art specializing in photography, I have gone on to exhibit and sell my work through a variety of different outlets. Prints of my photos are available on request. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me via my contact page and I'll be happy to help you. Thank you for passing by and I hope you enjoy my work.
Paul

Is the pic on the home page your best? I'd fish out your best work and put one of those up - that may not be encouraging people to stick around....

You need to click about 3 times to see any photos - once on the menu, then pick a gallery, then open a file.... it's a bit of an effort for a photographer's site... ideally you want a nice big impressive photo straight off to get the viewer interested.

Few ideas there - all of the above can be done in many free Wordpress themes, not sure how Clickpic works really
Ade_Osman e2
11 4.5k 36 England
1 Oct 2012 1:45PM
As per Ade's comments above really, the only thing I can add I think is that I'm not a fan of the cropped thumbnails, much preferring to see a thumbnail of the whole image.....Just an opinion of course.

AdeO
1 Oct 2012 8:30PM
Thank you all for your comments and taking time to view my website it is very much appreciated.
I would like to reply to Hollkj and Ade_Mcfade the following queries below:

Quote:Hi

My 2p Smile
1) Nice simply presented site.
2) Its pretty quick to load (even over my works lunch time loaded network).
3) Its not passing html validation, although not sure if you're concerned about this or not - check this Linky
4) The design doesn't react to viewing on different devices. On an iphone in portrait mode for example its cramped in to the top half of the screen.

As an aside, I enjoyed looking at your photos Smile

Hi hollkj

Thanks for your comments I appreciate it but I am a bit lost with your point number 3 that it is not passing html validation is this good or bad?I am not website expert and still learning.Cheers Paul

Hi Ade_Mcfade thank you for your constructive comments I ll try my best to answer your comments:

Quote:First thought.... the photos are small....

This a problem with clickpic you can only go to a certain size also I worry about people stealing images so I thought this could put people off right clicking.

Show them off if you're proud of them, it's almost like you're hiding something with them so dinky

Lets have an email address on the contact page - I've never been a fan of those contact forms as once sent, you don't have a copy of the message

Point taken.

It all seems to work - no dead links Smile

Thankyou.

White space... some of the text is a bit outfacing on screen - this for example could have some space in

Point taken.

Hello and welcome to my site.
I am a photographer based in Devon in the south west of England and have been taking photographs for over 20 years. My main areas of interest are the Urban and Natural Landscapes that surround us as we go about our daily lives.Since graduating from Middlesex University in 2002 with a BA Degree in Fine Art specializing in photography, I have gone on to exhibit and sell my work through a variety of different outlets. Prints of my photos are available on request. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me via my contact page and I'll be happy to help you. Thank you for passing by and I hope you enjoy my work.
Paul

Is the pic on the home page your best? I'd fish out your best work and put one of those up - that may not be encouraging people to stick around....

No problay not, it is a favorite image of mine and I will have a look.

You need to click about 3 times to see any photos - once on the menu, then pick a gallery, then open a file.... it's a bit of an effort for a photographer's site... ideally you want a nice big impressive photo straight off to get the viewer interested.

I am aware of this and as mentioned to Hollkj I am not a web designer and still learning and I will take note of this point when I go back to redesigning my site.

Few ideas there - all of the above can be done in many free Wordpress themes, not sure how Clickpic works really

Thanks again everyone
Paul
SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
2 Oct 2012 10:12AM
What a very welcome and simple site (in the nicest way). I do hate clutter.

Agree re the front page text. Should be broken up into paragraphs to make it easier to read.
It would be nice to scroll a variety of images on the front page too.
Agree about the thumbnails being so small.
Actual pictures should be bigger.
I do like the Previous and Next buttons above the images. Easy to use but perhaps slightly bigger?

Overall, a very nice and easy-to-look-at site. Just everything seems a little on the small side. You've got some excellent pictures so show them off.
Smile
3 Oct 2012 8:57AM
Thank you Slow Song along with yours and other previous comments points have been taken and I will be making changes as and when I can.I appreciate the feed back from everyone and it has been very helpful and encouraging.
Thanks Again
Paul Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.