Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

New Workflow Tutorial From Paul Morgan.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Phil_Morgan
    27 Oct 2011 - 11:51 PM

Apologies if this has been mentioned elswhere, but Paul Morgan has a new workflow tutorial available to download from his website. It's also a bargain, at virtually half the price of the original DVD!!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    27 Oct 2011 - 11:51 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Ian-Munro
    Ian-Munro  6200 forum posts Wales15 Constructive Critique Points
    27 Oct 2011 - 11:54 PM

Happy Days! He ain't bad is he?Wink

Coleslaw
    Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
    28 Oct 2011 - 7:30 AM

Paul is a great guy who is willing to share his secrets and techniques. So thank goodness there are people like him around.

Well worth the 5.50 as I bought it last night.

So, buy buy buy!

DaveU
    DaveU e2 Member 81339 forum postsDaveU vcard England121 Constructive Critique Points
    28 Oct 2011 - 7:42 AM

Seems to me that each of us strives to develop a look and feel, a style of our own and this style is partly down to image content and composition but is far more about post-processing technique and the workflow by which that technique is applied. So Paul works damned hard to develop his style and then you lot take the easy way, shell out a fiver and endeavour to emulate his look.

All power to Paul for trying to make a few bob, but shouldn't people be putting in a bit of effort and developing a style of their own.

Just a thought .................

thewaiter
    thewaiter  131177 forum posts England9 Constructive Critique Points
    28 Oct 2011 - 7:53 AM

+1 Dave......

I have Paul's DVD, as good as it is, I only use one or two of his tweaks.

Last Modified By thewaiter at 28 Oct 2011 - 7:57 AM
    Boyd
    Boyd  1011213 forum posts Wales11 Constructive Critique Points
    28 Oct 2011 - 8:06 AM

Quote: ...shouldn't people be putting in a bit of effort and developing a style of their own.

You might find this article of some interest Dave - Imitate, then Innovate.

Coleslaw
    Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
    28 Oct 2011 - 8:45 AM

Ah, Dave, but who said about copying Paul's style?
    No doubt there will be people who WILL follow the exact things of what Paul does.
    But for us, it is to pick his brain on a couple of tricks in photoshop which we would never read in magazine or book.
    For example, when you read a book about the technique to do some compositing/extracting in Photoshop, would you use the technique you have just learn? Just a thought.

BTW, good link, Boyd:

Quote: And the next time someone dings you for trying to learn by copying someone else, know that you are in pretty good company.

Last Modified By Coleslaw at 28 Oct 2011 - 8:48 AM
    mikehit
    mikehit  56536 forum posts United Kingdom10 Constructive Critique Points
    28 Oct 2011 - 9:14 AM

I am still in the stage that I know a fair few tricks - the problem is when I look at a photo what are the best tricks to use at any one time. And DVD tutorials of any sort are a good place to start.

Nick_w
    Nick_w e2 Member 73885 forum postsNick_w vcard England99 Constructive Critique Points
    28 Oct 2011 - 9:15 AM

Can I agree with both Dave & Cole?

If you use someones workflow verbatum - what do you get? a second rate imitation of the original, afterall, your choices even within the same workflow will be slightly different from how say Paul sees it.

However if you take a snippit here and a snippet there to develop your own style then thats different. When trying something different I often refer to an image I like, try to replicate what I think they have done and compare. Its then I use what I've learned and apply it to my own work style and ideas.

I bought Paul's original DVD & will propably look what the fuss is about and waste a fiver - just to see if theres something there.

That takes me to Boyds super link - The "Old Masters" went through an apprentiship system where they copied the "Masters" original and it was only after many years did they venture out in there own right.

(P.S. I hope Phil's on a commission for the commercial link Wink )

Last Modified By Nick_w at 28 Oct 2011 - 9:19 AM
    Andy_Cundell
    28 Oct 2011 - 9:28 AM

Paul works in the same building as me and has helped me no end to enjoy my photography and editing. He has so much passion for photography and always has time to chat and pass on his experience when I pose him problems I encounter. As a Photoshop 'nuub' the original DVD helped me a lot and I have used and adapted the methods he uses many times (looking at my photo's it doesn't look ike it!).

I for one, will be downloading the new tutorial without hesitation and would encourage fellow editing 'nuubs' to do the same!

(No, I'm not on commission!)Grin

Andy

ade_mcfade
    ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014838 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
    28 Oct 2011 - 11:23 AM

Think I've said this before on here, but I saw a doc about Kraftwerk and Karl said that they were hugely influenced of others work - copying here and there where they thought appropriate.

Fair to say that they managed to be pretty original now and then ?

It'd be interesting to see what Paul does I must admit - amazing consistency in his work, they all have the same look/.feel/quality, which is what a "style" is.

So if we're advertising Paul's DVD here, can I mention my upcoming HDR workshops in Manchester and Leeds? On is with WELSHOT, who are EPZ advertisers anyway Wink

adrian_w
    adrian_w e2 Member 73355 forum postsadrian_w vcard Scotland4 Constructive Critique Points
    28 Oct 2011 - 11:57 AM

Quote: I saw a doc about Kraftwerk ....

What did he do, recommend you stopped listening to them?

Nick_w
    Nick_w e2 Member 73885 forum postsNick_w vcard England99 Constructive Critique Points
    28 Oct 2011 - 1:41 PM

I've downloaded the mp4 and must say it's impressive thanks for sharing Paul, I would highly recommend it especially if you do a lot of landscapes.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.