Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

New Year resolutions - don't all groan at once .....

SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
29 Dec 2011 11:20AM
Well someone will start one so I thought I might as well. Wink

1. This year I'm going to listen to my music rather than radio programmes. I get fed up with phone-ins where all anyone does is moan, and the news is so depressing I'd rather not know.
2. I'm going to try to sleep with a dim light on. I'm an insomniac but find that if I have a small light on and the curtains slightly open it helps. I've only recently discovered this and I'll try anything.
3. Take more care and give more thought to my photography. Perhaps try for the ARPS just for something to concentrate my mind. Or enter some competitions in the magazines.

What's Yours???

Grin

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

29 Dec 2011 12:03PM
1. Do more monochrome work. It's a genre I admire but don't do nearly enough of myself.

2. Do a large format photo-book featuring some of my favourite images from over the years and a few words about each

3. Start looking through the EPZ gallery again, ignoring rather than whining about the snaps and poor quality images but praising those that I like

4. Persuade RogBrown to buy a round when we go on meets Wink
AlexandraSD 3 435 United Kingdom
29 Dec 2011 12:07PM
Just to sort my life out really, be less fearful, try and help others like me and to educate those unlike me, as well as educating myself Smile

Actually my 2012 to do list is the biggest it has ever been, most of those plans are already in motion and it feels as if my new year has already begun Grin

Have a fab 2012 Chris xx
answersonapostcard e2
10 12.7k 15 United Kingdom
29 Dec 2011 12:20PM
I've just mentioned this to my daughter whos just said something that I cant put here but has made me LOL.

For me its going to be to try not to worry so much, thats going to be really hard.

And the usual get more excise and eat better.

To finish the jobs I've started.

Probably have to look for a new job this year too.

And on a photographic note... Grin to relax more about taking pictures, using the iphone has helped on that so far and I've taken more pictures in the last month than I've done all year.
Big Bri 13 15.7k United Kingdom
29 Dec 2011 12:49PM
Lose weight. Then lose some more. If I only manage that, I'll be happy.
TTT 13 559 Germany
29 Dec 2011 1:04PM
then you will have to change your name to Little Bri.

I'm starting my 365 project, but with my new iphone.
then !!!
still thinking of other things to set myself
be back later.....
User_Removed 12 2.8k 11 United Kingdom
29 Dec 2011 3:48PM
Start a thread at least once a month on whether to purchase a Mac or stick with my PC! Wink
digicammad 11 22.0k 37 United Kingdom
29 Dec 2011 3:53PM
lol, I must admit I was thinking of putting something about not getting involved in those threads. Grin
MeanGreeny 9 3.7k England
29 Dec 2011 3:54PM
Shoot more, surf less
adrian_w e2
7 3.4k 4 Scotland
29 Dec 2011 4:22PM

Quote:1. Do more monochrome work. It's a genre I admire but don't do nearly enough of myself.

2. Do a large format photo-book featuring some of my favourite images from over the years and a few words about each

3. Start looking through the EPZ gallery again, ignoring rather than whining about the snaps and poor quality images but praising those that I like

4. Persuade RogBrown to buy a round when we go on meets Wink

Some resolutions are just impossible to keep! Wink
Snapper 9 3.8k 3 United States Outlying Islands
29 Dec 2011 5:03PM

Quote:1. Do more monochrome work. It's a genre I admire but don't do nearly enough of myself.

A good place to start would be to join in the weekly B&W challenge on here that finishes at 8pm on a Wednesday! Wink
Sus 10 3.2k 9 England
29 Dec 2011 5:24PM
Alexandra's goal strikes a chord - Be less fearful. A great aim and one I will try for.

Its those social fears that are so crippling and when you think about it, we're the only species that suffers so much from fear of social ostracism, embarrassment, being frowned on/looked down on/laughed at. If we can get over that, think how much we can achieve!

so:

1. Be less fearful
2. Be more focussed towards my goals rather than going off at tangents
3. But also learn to relax properly!

Photography wise

1. Learn and set up actions and droplets in PS
2. Experiment with different treatments in PS
3. Take my camera out and about more often, try out new things, experiment!
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
29 Dec 2011 5:36PM
1) Get more court cases cleared and out the way once and for all, one should have been the second week of January but I`ve requested it be re listed for later in the year.

2) Give up fags and Booze, way too stressed, maybe 2013 Smile

3) Get my fractured shoulder properly fixed Sad
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
29 Dec 2011 5:46PM
Lol I should have said my, not more, I`m really not that bad Smile
gcarth e2
10 2.3k 1 United Kingdom
29 Dec 2011 6:41PM
I'm determined to finish my video project that I originally conceived in 2005!
It's a showcase for combining all my interests and talents (such as they are): photography; making movies; creating music and armchair philosophy.
I also hope to reinforce furnther, my suspicion that there is no meaning to life other than what we invest in it. Wink
Like sus, I want to experiment more with arty-f*rty photos. Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.