Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

New Year resolutions - don't all groan at once .....

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
whipspeed
whipspeed e2 Member 94035 forum postswhipspeed vcard United Kingdom22 Constructive Critique Points
29 Dec 2011 - 6:45 PM

Quote: For me its going to be to try not to worry so much, thats going to be really hard

Snap, that is top of my list as well.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
29 Dec 2011 - 6:45 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

StrayCat
StrayCat  1014200 forum posts Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
29 Dec 2011 - 8:39 PM

Continue the excercise program I set myself for 2011, and followed fairly closely, with an increase in walking to twice a day from once, at least 5 days per week, with more stretching excercises.

I still need to lose weight; will concentrate on that.

Maybe get some surgeries done that I've been putting off for years.Tongue

Do a comprehensive photo journal of the meadow and ravine behind our house. Might make it a 365 project.

Finally decided to stop fighting with Revenue Canada and pay them the taxes, interest, and penalties I owe them, and be done with the stress of it all.Grin

We've never had a major problem with fast foods, but last year we decided to elliminate it alltogaether. Easiest thing we've ever done.Smile

Spend more time at my music, reading, and photography, and far less time on the PC.Grin

Bloggs
Bloggs  2313 forum posts England
29 Dec 2011 - 8:53 PM

I,m going to learn how to use my camera without the presets. I,m going to stick my knob on PROGRAM and rip it off so i can't use anything else !!!!!

I'm also going to stop telling fibs Wink

I,m also going to watch more wildlife programmes like "Earthflight" which is on BBC1 now and is absolutley amazing. Grin

AlexandraSD
AlexandraSD e2 Member 2432 forum postsAlexandraSD vcard United Kingdom
29 Dec 2011 - 10:30 PM

I fell asleep during Earthflight Sad

Not sure if this helps, is utter bollix or is scientific fact but.....

98% of worrying aint worth worrying about Smile

It is something i heard many moons ago and has kinda stuck with me all these years, and in a way its true, most worry is pointless fretting. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, so are rose tinted glasses Smile

Jestertheclown
29 Dec 2011 - 10:39 PM

Quote: Hindsight is a wonderful thing,

I have a degree in it!

kathrynlouise
kathrynlouise e2 Member 2364 forum postskathrynlouise vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
31 Dec 2011 - 7:23 AM

1 - Stop living a certain someone elses life, if he won't compromise on things find one that will. Life is too short and you never know whats around the corner.

2 - Join a camera club.

3 - Spend more time doing what i love............. taking photos Grin

Kathryn

Just Jas
Just Jas  1225716 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
31 Dec 2011 - 10:33 AM

Do exactly like I did last year.

It's the only one I keep!Smile

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 33369 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway22 Constructive Critique Points
31 Dec 2011 - 6:22 PM

Quote: Lose weight. Then lose some more. If I only manage that, I'll be happy.

...and then choose a new user-name...Wink

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 33369 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway22 Constructive Critique Points
31 Dec 2011 - 6:25 PM

Try listening to more advice instead of finding reasons not to listen to it...

KevSB
KevSB  101387 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
1 Jan 2012 - 8:03 AM

still 17 days until i finish last years resolution, 1 year ago like above i said i need to lose wieght, 2.5 lbs short of my target, so chuffed with myself as that is 9 stone lost, so this year resolution is to trim a little more and maintain my healther eating plan.

On the downside I seemed to become addicted to buying new clothes, so got to stop as wardrobes getting full now,I think its the novalty of being able to buy off the shelf lol.
Apart from that want to try the following

Learn to use the video on my camera
complete a photo book for the group im a member of
Finish a website
Take less pictures but better quality

RichardN00
RichardN00 e2 Member 7393 forum postsRichardN00 vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
1 Jan 2012 - 10:14 AM

Photo related:

Get out with the camera more
Take pictures outside my comfort zone i.e. Macro
Upload more to EPZ
Take more Formal, posed Dancer pictures as well as the action shots.
Do at least one photography course

None photo related:

Lose weight
Exercise more

Scottjessuk
1 Jan 2012 - 10:27 AM

Photo related

1. Take a course in portrait photography because I have turned down too many jobs, due to having a fear of screwing it up.
2. Take photos throughout the year as a posed to September to February my usual.
3. Take better photographsGrin

Non Photographic

1. Get back to my summer fitness which was my best ever until the winter and man cold season took overSmile
2. Get myself on the path to a career job and not pulling pints for posh annoying students from St Andrews university (ps there are actually some nice people, mostly not the posh ones though)
3. I have been single too long I need to meet the woman of my dreams (someone nice would do)
4. Hmmm just continue to be Happy GrinSmileWink

Big Bri
Big Bri  1215507 forum posts England
1 Jan 2012 - 10:39 AM

Nine stone lost? That's an incredible achievement! If I can do half that I will be over the moon. Smile

cambirder
cambirder  107202 forum posts England
1 Jan 2012 - 1:21 PM

Yes well done Kev, I know what you mean about the clothes having lost 4.5 stone myself, the Salvation Army have had all my XL and L stuff.

This year my resolution should be easier. The first is to maintain my healthier lifestyle to prevent me putting it all back on again, and the second is to improve my cycling endurance so I can take part in the Audax UK National 400 km ride on the 16th June.

User_Removed
1 Jan 2012 - 2:22 PM

Quote: I must admit I was thinking of putting something about not getting involved in those threads

LMFAO. I wasn't Smile

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.