Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

New Year resolutions - don't all groan at once .....

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

KevSB
KevSB  101405 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
20 Dec 2012 - 7:29 PM

Quote: Still 17 days until i finish last years resolution, 1 year ago like above i said i need to lose wieght, 2.5 lbs short of my target, so chuffed with myself as that is 9 stone lost, so this year resolution is to trim a little more and maintain my healther eating plan.

On the downside I seemed to become addicted to buying new clothes, so got to stop as wardrobes getting full now,I think its the novalty of being able to buy off the shelf lol.
Apart from that want to try the following

Learn to use the video on my camera
complete a photo book for the group im a member of
Finish a website
Take less pictures but better quality

In my case i passed my 9 stone target and have held it at 10 stone lost for the year

I did learn to use the video option
Never completed the Photo Book or website
Take less pictures but bettar quality failed also

Last Modified By KevSB at 20 Dec 2012 - 7:30 PM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
20 Dec 2012 - 7:29 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 54231 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
20 Dec 2012 - 7:30 PM

1. Failed
2. Variable
3. Failed

Don't think I'll bother next year. There - I'm bound to be able to keep that one. Smile

shadow18
shadow18  3406 forum posts England
21 Dec 2012 - 12:47 AM

Last year, I made a resolution to not worry. This was, however, too vague to keep, I believe. I just kind of kept worrying. Recently, also, I have been getting so busy and confused as to what is most important to do with myself.

So this year, I believe this is what I will do.

1. Set aside a time to relax every day. Maybe in the morning would be best. Stop being afraid of what people think and stop trying to figure out all the mysteries of the world all by myself.

2. On a different note, keep up my jump roping exercise program I began for myself. Even if it's just a few minutes a day. I started out about a month ago with 50 jumps in a row being an accomplishment. Now I can do 200 in a row fairly easily.

shakeyhands
shakeyhands e2 Member 1250 forum postsshakeyhands vcard Canada
21 Dec 2012 - 2:16 AM

I'm just gonna try to be a better person, nothing more.

Fishnet
Fishnet  104976 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
21 Dec 2012 - 8:12 AM

I'm going to look into going to college seeing as nobody will employ me, if i have to sit at home doing nothing for another year I'll go mad.

I need to either get back into running or else find another activity to keep me fit that doesn't involve getting up at 6 am on cold dark mornings.

whipspeed
whipspeed e2 Member 104039 forum postswhipspeed vcard United Kingdom22 Constructive Critique Points
21 Dec 2012 - 10:48 AM

Good luck with that Anna Smile

Not so much a resolution for me, I've given up with them. But I want to do a 365 project for 2013.

gcarth
gcarth e2 Member 102260 forum postsgcarth vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
21 Dec 2012 - 5:44 PM

Quote: I'm just gonna try to be a better person, nothing more.

Well, yes - I think we should all do that - though I'm sure you don't need to worry about it any more than anyone else. Smile
I'm not religious and so I don't believe in all this 'original sin' lark but of course I do think we are full of both strengths and weaknesses and there is always room for improvement.
I believe in treating life like some sort of mental gymnasium - it makes life seem more worthwhile if we try to boost our mental health checks as well as our physical ones.
However, there seem to be too many self-help books that concentrate on success in work and influencing people and changing your personality instead of finding your personality...
A worthy and satisfying life is not just about being successful in business or having power - it's surely more about being honest and true - true to others and true to yourself.
What annoys me is when an individual has the attitude towards his or her shortcomings: 'I can't help it - it's just the way I am' - and they continue to act badly or stupidly without attempting to change their ways.

Anyway - Here's to a Happy New Year - if indeed there is going to be a new year - I'm not waiting up until midnight to find out! Wink

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade  1014745 forum posts England216 Constructive Critique Points
21 Dec 2012 - 5:59 PM

.....make resolutions pretty much every day Wink

it's what being in business is really.... one long list of resolutions

happily, they are resolutions you choose, not your line manager Wink

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.