Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Newbie!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    purplehaze
    8 Sep 2011 - 9:25 PM

Just to say hi to all, picked up my first camera 6 months ago, have braved putting 4 pics up and had some really great feedback. I bought lightroom at a very discounted price, to qualify you need to have (or borrow) a child at primary school age or above in full time education. I probably shouldn't mention the site here but I think it restricts you to 1 adobe product, I also bought m/s office 10 for 35! For some programs you need a letter from teacher, for others is is not required. Still can't grasp much as my computer skills are mediocre, just trying to get past the frustrating part! If anyone could show me how to take images from l/room for upload or point to a tutorial it would be much appreciated.
    Regards
    Andy H.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    8 Sep 2011 - 9:25 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Jestertheclown
    8 Sep 2011 - 10:10 PM

Quote: I also bought m/s office 10 for 35!

You woz done!

I'm a TA and using my email address, I got it for 8.95!

To remove images from Lightroom (and this is the most condensed possible explanation!), click on "edit" in the top toolbar, "select all", from the drop down menu, always assuming you want to move them all, then click on "file" from the top toolbar and "export" from the drop down menu.
    At this point you'll have to follow the instructions in the box and decide where you want to export (move) them to.
    Lightroom's not easy to learn (or use!) and it's not particularly user-friendly.
    However, help is at hand and there are loads of tutorials on here and scattered about on the web which will guide you in the right direction as will the members on here.
    None of us were born knowing how to do this so if you have a question, however daft it might seem to you, ask it anyway. Chances are we were all asking that same question not long ago!

Hope this helps.

Bren.

Last Modified By Jestertheclown at 8 Sep 2011 - 10:11 PM
    JJGEE
    JJGEE  96307 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
    8 Sep 2011 - 10:22 PM

Quote: To remove images from Lightroom

Remove is the wrong word.
    That to me implies delete from catalogue.

Export, which you have described in basic terms, is correct Wink

Last Modified By JJGEE at 8 Sep 2011 - 10:22 PM
    lobsterboy
    lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014143 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
    8 Sep 2011 - 10:42 PM

Here is a good place to start learning LR

purplehaze
    9 Sep 2011 - 7:14 PM

Thanks for all your feedback! Office for 8.95, that shows what a newbie I am! Still unsure on cs5 or elements, now that's a question, been following another thread and I reckon it's about a 50/50 split!
    Thanks for all your replies, much appreciated.

SosFM
    SosFM  581 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Sep 2011 - 7:27 PM

Purplehaze, I am in the same boat, also recently acquiring LR3. I have CS3 and PSE 4. I find neither LR3 or CS3 quick or easy to learn, though I like all the benefits LR3 gives you. Sometimes though I just want to be able to do things quick without too much hassle so for that reason I am seriously considering waiting for PSE 10 to come out (which I would expect may be October time) and to use that to compliment what LR3 offers me.
    Also go onto Amazon and get Scott kelby's book on LR3, its normally 31 but I got it for 18.

Jestertheclown

Quote: cs5 or elements, now that's a question,

If you can get CS5 for a sensible price, that would be the obvious way to go simply because it's so much more powerful than Elemernts.
    Having said that, it would be a waste if you then don't use a lot of its potential.
    Why not download the free trials and see what you think?
    Bear in mind though that however long the trial lasts with CS5 (I've no idea how long it is), it will be nowhere near long enough to do more than to scratch the surface.
    Beware also, that if you begin to get used to CS5, you may feel a little hamstrung using Elements. I suppose it really depends on the amount and type of editing you're planning on doing but I think that you'll notice the difference.

CathyT
    CathyT e2 Member 87276 forum postsCathyT vcard United Kingdom18 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Sep 2011 - 8:23 PM

I'm looking for a cheapish CS5 for mac so if anyone's knows where to get one can you point me to a good site ..........cheers

Last Modified By CathyT at 9 Sep 2011 - 8:26 PM
    • «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.