Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Newbie looking for advice on the Pentax K-x

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Jimmy_Dean0
    26 Dec 2009 - 9:19 PM

Hello All, and Best Wishes for 2010!

I am new to ePHOTOzine, and have been reading many reviews, and forum posts. I am planning on moving up from a Canon S5 IS to a DSLR. I have an old Minolta XG1 that I purchased new in about 1982 Smile, but it's been a while since I have looked at any SLRs.

So far my top choice is the Pentax K-x. I really like the low light performance in the reviews (I like to shoot candid portraits, indoors using natural light, which the S5 struggles with), and the 4.7 fps shooting capability (I always seem to catch people with their eyes closed Smile).

I am hoping that there may be some members who own the K-x who could comment on it's performance, and perhaps some who could offer comments on their experience with the K-x and perhaps a comparable system or sytems?

So far it seems the best "bang for the buck" may be the Pentax.

I have read every review I can find on the K-x, and several on a variety of Canon and Nikon systems, but I'd love to hear comments on real world experience - like what type life you can expect from NiMH AA batteries like the Sanyo Eneloops.

Thanks in advance for your insights.

JD

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    26 Dec 2009 - 9:19 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Jimmy_Dean0
    26 Dec 2009 - 9:26 PM

P.S. - my favorite subject is my 19 month old granddaughter who never seems to sit still for a second, hence the desire for good lowlight performance Smile. I like to shoot video, but it is not my highest priority - the S5 does a decent job with that.

gpwalton
    gpwalton  1390 forum posts
    26 Dec 2009 - 11:22 PM

Have a look at the Pentaxuser.co.uk site. It is run by the same Management as this site and has loads of information on everything Pentax.
    I own a Pentax K20D and its a fabulous camera. I also frequent the Pentaxuser Site and it is very friendly. The forums on there are very good.

Jimmy_Dean0
    27 Dec 2009 - 12:12 AM

Thanks GPWalton, I appreciate the tip. I'll check them out Smile

Jimmy_Dean0
    28 Dec 2009 - 12:52 AM

Hi gpwalton. Thanks again for pointing me to the Pentaxuser site. There's lot's of info on all things Pentax. Just what I was looking for Smile

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas, and all the best for 2010.

JD

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.