Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

News of the World is being closed down!!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

mikehit
mikehit  56470 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jul 2011 - 5:00 PM

YAY!

I am sure some other rag will pick up the baton but good riddance, I say .

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
7 Jul 2011 - 5:00 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139445 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jul 2011 - 5:05 PM

I certainly didn't expect that!

Article

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315362 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jul 2011 - 5:08 PM

Seems a little drastic considering the current economic situation.

mikehit
mikehit  56470 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jul 2011 - 5:10 PM

Murdoch's full explanation

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14070822

Jestertheclown

It's no loss.

JJGEE
JJGEE  96305 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jul 2011 - 5:11 PM

It has been suggested that this is just a re-branding exercise.

Re-appears the following week under another name.

Jestertheclown

Quote: It has been suggested that this is just a re-branding exercise.

Funnily enough, that was exactly my first thought.

KevSB
KevSB  101407 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jul 2011 - 5:19 PM

Making the Sun a 7 day Paper will im sure save lots of cash and already has the bulk of readership so no loss to merdoch I doubt

ikett
ikett  4351 forum posts England
7 Jul 2011 - 5:25 PM

Crafty move how can the police etc. investigate a shut down paper, of course all records will have been shredded in the interest of protecting the inocent.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315362 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jul 2011 - 5:32 PM

Quote: Making the Sun a 7 day Paper will im sure save lots of cash and already has the bulk of readership so no loss to merdoch I doubt

I believe the Sun and the News of the world are already part of the same group.

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014813 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jul 2011 - 5:46 PM

good hangover paper the news of the world, I remember many painful train trips back to leeds where looking at some half naked ladies was all I had to smile about Wink

Jestertheclown

Quote: I believe the Sun and the News of the world are already part of the same group.

They were both under the umbrella of "News International" during my days as a motorcycle courier.
I would assume that they still are.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139445 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jul 2011 - 5:53 PM

Sun, NOTW, Times and Sunday Times are all owned by News International, which is basically run by Rupert Murdoch, his son James and Rebekah Brooks.

Carabosse
7 Jul 2011 - 6:02 PM

Quote from a DT article:

Quote: A spokesman for the company would not comment on whether News International will continue to publish a tabloid title on a Sunday. The News of the World has been NI's most profitable title for many years.

There are already industry rumours that the News of the World's stablemate the Sun could be turned into a seven-day operation. News International has already announced plans to move to seven-day working across its four titles the Sun, News of the World, the Times and Sunday Times and the internet domain name thesunonsunday.co.uk was registered two days ago, although the purchaser's identity is unclear.

Gaucho
Gaucho e2 Member 122260 forum postsGaucho vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jul 2011 - 6:03 PM

My heart bleeds Wink It'll turn up in another guise of course. This will probably save the lovely Becky worse luck.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.