Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

News of the World is being closed down!!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

oldblokeh
oldblokeh  3782 forum posts United Kingdom
7 Jul 2011 - 6:10 PM

Domain thesunonsunday.com was registered just two days ago. Well, what a surprise.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
7 Jul 2011 - 6:10 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014126 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jul 2011 - 6:14 PM

Quote: Domain thesunonsunday.com was registered just two days ago. Well, what a surprise.

It's a fairly obvious move - interesting to see how they handle it. They need to leave it long enough so the furore dies down, yet not to long that all their reads lose interest.

thewilliam
7 Jul 2011 - 6:19 PM

Would the NoW have kept any of its advertisers? It must have been very close to a poisonous brand!

User_Removed
7 Jul 2011 - 6:33 PM

It's all politics... The Dirty Digger hopes this will stop the slip in NC shares and smooth the course in his bid for BSB... '200 people lose their jobs..??? It's worth it' is what is in his mind.

JamesGarfield

There'll be a clever business decision behind it, it'll probably mean they'll no longer be liable to make damages payments as the paper has been wound up or something along those lines.....

StrayCat
StrayCat e2 Member 1014648 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jul 2011 - 7:42 PM

Any lawsuits should normally name individuals, and because the paper doesn't exist anymore doesn't let anybody off the hook for criminal activity. Then again, money is all powerful.

ChrisTom
ChrisTom  672 forum posts United Kingdom
7 Jul 2011 - 7:51 PM

Result.

Billyray
Billyray  670 forum posts United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jul 2011 - 8:07 PM

Another 200 odd people out of work caused by someone elses misdemeanours and the top people keep their jobs. YET AGAIN.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315164 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jul 2011 - 8:12 PM

Quote: Result

A pretty bad result I think.

JamesGarfield

Having read the reaction of the staff over the closure and how Rebekah Brooks seems to have dodged a bullet I think that there's a whole load of trouble to come.

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012601 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jul 2011 - 8:34 PM

After my initial surprise at the move came my cynicism. I dont think this makes any difference whatsoever, the people that run it, the people that own it are still there and nothing has changed, in fact I would go so far as to say its a bit of a joke Sad

mcgannc
mcgannc  5389 forum posts England3 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jul 2011 - 8:46 PM

Can't say it's a surprise that this rag has gone...telling lies is clearly at the heart of NI's tabloid division, if only the other rag would disappear too now that would make me happy! Shame it's only taken the public 22 years to finally realise how low this corporation will stoop Sad

Last Modified By mcgannc at 7 Jul 2011 - 8:47 PM
KevSB
KevSB  101407 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jul 2011 - 8:53 PM

Max Clifford, publicist
"They were obviously aware of not only the tremendous damage done to the News of the World but also News International by recent allegations.

"My belief is that there is a lot more to come - I think that is why the decision was taken to pull the plug."

Sounds Like A good reason to cut and run

User_Removed
7 Jul 2011 - 9:05 PM

Quote: After my initial surprise at the move came my cynicism. I dont think this makes any difference whatsoever, the people that run it, the people that own it are still there and nothing has changed, in fact I would go so far as to say its a bit of a joke

Right! On the button K.

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014126 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jul 2011 - 9:19 PM

ohh word is The journalists on The Sun have walked out in protest at the NOTW shutdown.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.