Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

News of the World is being closed down!!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139544 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jul 2011 - 9:25 PM

Oh dear that means The Sun might not get published for a day or two.

Shame! Grin Grin

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
7 Jul 2011 - 9:25 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

keith selmes
7 Jul 2011 - 9:56 PM

sub editors walk out and NUJ statement
http://www.thedrum.co.uk/news/2011/07/07/23342-sub-editors-at-the-sun-walk-out-i...

PaulSR
PaulSR  9511 forum posts England
7 Jul 2011 - 10:06 PM

it will be the same paper but a different name

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014170 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jul 2011 - 10:10 PM

Quote: It will be the same paper but a different name

and the staff reemployed on worse contracts Wink

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315621 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jul 2011 - 10:13 PM

Quote: Oh dear that means The Sun might not get published for a day or two

The Times is owned by the same lot as well, will they be going on strike Smile

adrian_w
adrian_w e2 Member 73370 forum postsadrian_w vcard Scotland4 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jul 2011 - 11:50 PM

While it's no loss for the "screws" to close those at the top responsible for the whole shitty mess get off scott free.
Murdoch is just moving to protect the rest of his empire & pre-empt any attempt to block the BSB buy out. That's where his real money making & political influence will lie.
Him & his extended family should be barred from ANY media holdings in the UK.

jondf
jondf  82475 forum posts
8 Jul 2011 - 12:06 AM

Quote: Him & his extended family should be barred from ANY media holdings in the UK...

Isn't he a self-confessed England hater? If that's so, then little wonder that the journalistic barrel continues to be scraped in such a dispicable manner.

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012609 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
8 Jul 2011 - 7:07 AM

hmmm didnt anyone see son-of-murdoch being interviewed? He was calm and composed (still talking bull though) but when he mentioned Rebekah Brooks - supporting her - "standard of ethics," "her conduct throughout her career" he seemed less composed - it was said almost through gritted teeth. Theres something quite amiss about why she is still where she is.

guidoa
guidoa  131331 forum posts United Kingdom
8 Jul 2011 - 8:14 AM

Let us nor forget those losing their jobs at the paper, and the adverse effect shutting the paper down will have on people like newsagents from loss of sales.

Jestertheclown

Quote: Let us nor forget those losing their jobs at the paper, and the adverse effect shutting the paper down will have on people like newsagents from loss of sales.

I agree that it's not pleasant for those losing their jobs but I'm not sure that it will have much effect on newsagents' incomes.
NOTW was only one of many Sunday papers, admittedly the biggest seller, but all of the Sundays at the rubbish end of the market are much the same so I'd imagine that the people that buy it on a Sunday will just buy something else.
And anyone who ventures into the world of online newspapers looking for an alternative might find that there are some decent publications out there. That might hurt the newsagents a little but I can't see it making much of a dent.
Also, how long will it be defore it returns, unchanged but with "The Sun on Sunday" written on the top?

Last Modified By Jestertheclown at 8 Jul 2011 - 8:41 AM
Gaucho
Gaucho e2 Member 122305 forum postsGaucho vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
8 Jul 2011 - 10:17 AM

This makes interesting reading.

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012609 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
8 Jul 2011 - 10:28 AM

Between a rock and a hard place at the moment Mr Cameron is... Wink

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 1110366 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
8 Jul 2011 - 10:43 AM

Let those without sin cast the first stone - etc.

For the anti-Cameron brigade it proves what they have always said

For the rest of us - who gives a damn - he's no better or worse than any politician

answersonapostcard
8 Jul 2011 - 10:45 AM

Breaking news

and the BBC take on it here

Last Modified By answersonapostcard at 8 Jul 2011 - 10:50 AM
Alan_Coles
8 Jul 2011 - 10:52 AM

Why have the Police not descended about the NOTW offices and taken possesion of all the information that must be kept there...massive cover going on I would think...goats to kill innit

dave...shut it down rupert...sorry jamie muroch
jamie...okay dave...we'll be back in 2 years...we have goats to kill
dave.....we'll bargin...sorry....talk again nearer the next election jamie
jamies...tata for now
Dave...hope the phones not tapped

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.