Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

News of the World is being closed down!!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

gcarth
gcarth e2 Member 102260 forum postsgcarth vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
9 Jul 2011 - 11:40 AM

Quote: Oh no.....dirty little sh1t digger's flown in! Is this to scare all concerned into meek submission so that 'divine right' might be reimposed without delay? I heard someone say: "Let's hope he digs his own grave.....the sod" Sad

Strong stuff! Smile I must say that Rupert and James and other primitive thinkers can only thrive in the cesspool that is the "free market". I hope Edward Bernays and Milton Friedman are turning in their graves for what their stupidity has brought to the world. Sad
There...I feel better now! Wink

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
9 Jul 2011 - 11:40 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139392 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
9 Jul 2011 - 11:45 AM

Quote: Is this to scare all concerned into meek submission so that 'divine right' might be reimposed without delay?

Probably. Smile

He's come to rattle some of the skeletons in the closets of those who have made trouble for him........

Nick_w
Nick_w e2 Member 73823 forum postsNick_w vcard England99 Constructive Critique Points
9 Jul 2011 - 11:48 AM

makes interesting reading

mikehit
mikehit  46179 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
9 Jul 2011 - 1:16 PM

Quote: Oh no.....dirty little sh1t digger's flown in! Is this to scare all concerned into meek submission so that 'divine right' might be reimposed without delay? I heard someone say: "Let's hope he digs his own grave.....the sod" SadStrong stuff! Smile I must say that Rupert and James and other primitive thinkers can only thrive in the cesspool that is the "free market". I hope Edward Bernays and Milton Friedman are turning in their graves for what their stupidity has brought to the world. Sad
There...I feel better now! Wink

LOL!Grin

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139392 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
9 Jul 2011 - 1:27 PM

I was amused that Rebekah Brooks's meeting with NOTW staff got hacked! Grin

Carabosse
11 Jul 2011 - 5:53 PM

And now the Sunday Times is embroiled!

Where will it all end!

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314948 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
11 Jul 2011 - 6:12 PM

Going to have a similar effects as the scandal other MPs expenses, probably find all sorts going on and not just one paper.

Ade_Osman
Ade_Osman e2 Member 114484 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
11 Jul 2011 - 6:18 PM

Question that needs to be asked is: Do we really need newspapers anymore, especially tabloids?????......I find out all I need to know using other more reliable media..

Ade

Carabosse
11 Jul 2011 - 6:26 PM

Quote: Do we really need newspapers anymore

I haven't actually paid money for a newspaper for at least a decade. So a "No" from me! Smile

StrayCat
StrayCat  1014486 forum posts Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
11 Jul 2011 - 7:00 PM

Murdoch is being investigated in the US now. They have evidence of police officers being bribed, and accepting payouts for info to employees of Murdoch, which, under a new law, makes him also criminally responsible if it's proven in court.

Jestertheclown
11 Jul 2011 - 8:16 PM

Quote: Do we really need newspapers anymore?

Like CB, I haven't paid for a newspaper for years.
And I haven't seen the inside of a gutter press tabloid for a lot longer than that.
Most papers these days have gone so far down the celeb/X factor/reality TV route that thay will never be able to recover any kind of respectability again.
Even the "better" papers are becoming tainted with it.

mikehit
mikehit  46179 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
11 Jul 2011 - 8:23 PM

Quote: Murdoch is being investigated in the US now. They have evidence of police officers being bribed, and accepting payouts for info to employees of Murdoch, which, under a new law, makes him also criminally responsible if it's proven in court.

His aura definitely has been broken!
He may not personally have been involved in (or known about) such actions but the busienss culture he has obviously created is proving distasteful.
Plus his shareprice has dropped about 20% in the last few days leading to a drop in his company of about 2 billion US dollars.

I fear that if he is not brought to book soon he will rise from the ashes and threaten vengeance on anyone who crossed him !

Carabosse
11 Jul 2011 - 8:26 PM

Quote: threaten vengeance on anyone who crossed him

He's already shown he will do far more than merely threaten!

Expect revelations about public figures, and maybe private ones too, who have caused him problems....... maybe in his new Sunday tabloid.

gcarth
gcarth e2 Member 102260 forum postsgcarth vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
11 Jul 2011 - 8:54 PM

Quote: He's already shown he will do far more than merely threaten!

Expect revelations about public figures, and maybe private ones too, who have caused him problems....... maybe in his new Sunday tabloid.

Yes, and I'm sure there will always be plenty of readers drawn to his new version of printed garbage.
The only problem is that the demise(?) of the Murdoch empire, serves to draw attention away from other scurrilous and generally disreputable media activity: and yes, I include the BBC in that description because the BBC has probably done at least as much damage as the Murdoch empire when it comes to reporting or simply non-reporting of world affairs.
If Rebecca Brooks should be sacked, then so should Helen Boaden, the chief of BBC news who brazenly stonewalls or avoids the countless legitimate questions and complaints thrown at her (I suggest anyone who doubts my objectivity googles the Media Lens website and then they might see what I mean...)

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014029 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
11 Jul 2011 - 10:03 PM

Quote: Do we really need newspapers anymore

I haven't actually paid money for a newspaper for at least a decade. So a "No" from me! Smile

Same here - I gave up buying them after I read a few stories about things I actually knew about. The stories were so wildly inaccurate I figured that things I didn't know about must be just as inaccurate - why pay for a load of made up stuff...Harry Potter books are a better investment if thats what you want.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.