Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

News of the World is being closed down!!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315347 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
11 Jul 2011 - 10:12 PM

We gave up on newspapers a few years ago, we can get all the news we need either off the net or by watching the box.

There`s a free paper that available at train stations, can`t remember what its called, but i usually bring one or two copies home each week for lining the litter tray.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
11 Jul 2011 - 10:12 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Nick_w
Nick_w e2 Member 73870 forum postsNick_w vcard England99 Constructive Critique Points
11 Jul 2011 - 10:35 PM

Quote: Question that needs to be asked is: Do we really need newspapers anymore,

I would throw back 2 questions

What part of the media exposed the MPs expenses scandal?
And what part of the media exposed the current scandal?

Answer
1. The Telegraph
2. The Guardian

Don't throw out the baby with the bath water

mikehit
mikehit  56454 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
11 Jul 2011 - 11:39 PM

Apparently today in US a group of the News Corps shareholders have filed a lawsuit claiming the Murdochs are not fit and proper people to be running the company.
This gets better and better Grin

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012603 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
12 Jul 2011 - 6:52 AM

Thats a small step in the right direction Grin

Do we need newspapers? Yes, I think we do. Do we need newspapers like the NoTW and its kind, and sadly now The Times (happy to publish government progaganda rather than get to the truth)
then no.

Do we need papers like the Guardian yes. This particular newspaper has made be buy newspapers again, something I never thought I would do. I've also started getting 'i' occasionally now which is more of a overview of the news but its free of made up stories.

Jestertheclown
12 Jul 2011 - 8:23 AM

Quote: What part of the media exposed the MPs expenses scandal?
Answer
1. The Telegraph
2. The Guardian

True enough, not that I'd bother with the Guardian either but their information was sourced somewhere and the stories could just as easily have been brought to the public's attentention via other, nion-newspaper, media.
If all newspapers disappeared tomorrow, in a month's time most people would forget about them.

gcarth
gcarth e2 Member 102289 forum postsgcarth vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
12 Jul 2011 - 8:34 AM

Quote: I would throw back 2 questions

What part of the media exposed the MPs expenses scandal?

Answer
1. The Telegraph
2. The Guardian

Don't throw out the baby with the bath water

Hmm...but I seem to remember the Telegraph also tried to crucify George Galloway for something he didn't do...
I also seem to remember that the Guardian, like the craven BBC, fully supported the invasion of Iraq at the time (though they've changed their tune a bit now it's become more fashionable, and indeed right and proper, to deplore the invasion).
I have to say that I read both the Guardian and Independent (on the internet) but I still take some of their stories with the same pinch of salt as when I read the Daily Mail (of course, I only read the Daily Mail... for a laugh - it's really just the same garbage that you get in the Sun and Mirror, only dressed up a bit and pretending to be a serious paper.

pabloisme
pabloisme  4565 forum posts England
12 Jul 2011 - 8:37 AM

WELL COME ON SIGN UP

remember the sun headline "we won it" for blair, he mudrock has been manipulating and corrupting not only the dumb readers BUT the government (who IF they want to climb the greasy pole toady up to him!)

do you really want him to have total control of the LARGEST commercial broadcaster un the UK?

sign this petetion to show your displeasure ant being governed by king rupert

Jestertheclown
12 Jul 2011 - 9:17 AM

Nice enough idea if you like that kind of thing, Pablo but on-line petitions aren't worth the paper they're not written on.

Just Jas
Just Jas  1225752 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
12 Jul 2011 - 9:29 AM

It is better to get people to write individually to their MP whatever rather than sign a petition.

Several thousand letters clonking on his desk over a short period of time have more impact than half a dozen or so sheets of paper arriving at once, bear the thousand signatures.

Jestertheclown
12 Jul 2011 - 10:03 AM

Quote: Several thousand letters clonking on his desk over a short period of time have more impact than half a dozen or so sheets of paper arriving at once, bear the thousand signatures.

Quite Jas.
In fact on-line petitions don't even arrive unless someone opens the appropriate window.
And even then, they're meaningless.

thewilliam
12 Jul 2011 - 10:54 AM

Many Scousers still boycott the Sun. Now if that could be rolled out nationwide .........

mcgannc
mcgannc  5389 forum posts England3 Constructive Critique Points
12 Jul 2011 - 11:53 AM

Quote: Many Scousers still boycott the Sun. Now if that could be rolled out nationwide .........

Which by all accounts, means they lose out on approx 9m each year! Don't think it will be long before something sticks against this rag also and it ends up in the same graveyard as it's sister!!

pabloisme
pabloisme  4565 forum posts England
12 Jul 2011 - 12:43 PM

If you write to the plonker IN the ministerial seat, IT WILL BE forwarded to YOUR MP he has to write the question to the minister and reply to you!

this petition has almost 200,000 signatures we are governed by an almost hung parliament, if daves mate decides to eject dave will be short of a vote or 2, mostly the condemn's coalition use knee jerk government, so this HUGE un published petition will weigh heavily

so 2 mins or pick on me? if you have 2 mins (really 1 will do!) if not pick nit holes and vote for "mudrock the hacker" like jabba the hut but in slime

ps a hung parliament "one on each lamp post!"

Last Modified By pabloisme at 12 Jul 2011 - 12:45 PM
Jestertheclown
12 Jul 2011 - 3:13 PM

. . . pardon?

BigRick
BigRick  92085 forum posts United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
13 Jul 2011 - 9:17 PM

lol @ MUDROCK..... and i dont get what the rest of it meant either.. lol Grin

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.