Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Next Generation of Nikon DSLR

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    ChrisJD
    ChrisJD  496 forum posts Scotland
    11 Oct 2013 - 12:39 PM

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/52128136

Thought I'd share this with you.

Not being a rocket scientist (or even a camera engineer), I'm not sure of the full meaning of the details invovled here. However, if this is truly part of the next gen of Nikon DSLR's (and I have no reason to doubt) then I'm looking forward to seeing them. I may yet see a D400!

Chris

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    11 Oct 2013 - 12:39 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

thewilliam
    11 Oct 2013 - 3:35 PM

Can we expect a D4X with a 48 Megapixel sensor now that an Expeed 4 processor will deal efficiently with the huge files?

I've never understood why the single-digit Nikon DSLRs often have a lower pixel count than some of the entry-level and toy cameras.

Gundog
    Gundog  1624 forum posts Scotland
    11 Oct 2013 - 4:23 PM

Quote: Can we expect a D4X with a 48 Megapixel sensor now that an Expeed 4 processor will deal efficiently with the huge files?

I've never understood why the single-digit Nikon DSLRs often have a lower pixel count than some of the entry-level and toy cameras.

The reason was that the more limited Mp count allowed faster continuous-shooting speeds and better very-high-ISO performance than the higher-res models. Very much horses for courses. D4 for sports and news photography; D800 for landscapes, etc.

LenShepherd
    LenShepherd e2 Member 62511 forum postsLenShepherd vcard United Kingdom
    12 Oct 2013 - 1:58 PM

Quote:
    Not being a rocket scientist (or even a camera engineer), I'm not sure of the full meaning of the details involved
    Chris

Each new generation of cameras (as distinct frpm minor model upgrades) has improved performance.
    Whether the source is informed or a "deliberately accidental release" the link does no more and no less than strongly indicate Nikons the next generation of digital cameras will have improved performance. I would be amazed if they did not Smile

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.