Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Next Trip

Kool_Kat e2
8 162 United Kingdom
5 Jan 2013 9:19PM
I am off to Namibia in a few weeks and will be in the car for most of the photo taking time would I be better to get a car window clamp for my D300s or a tripod head to suit. Next question which one

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

5 Jan 2013 10:32PM
a bean bag
geoffash26 10 2.5k United Kingdom
6 Jan 2013 8:27AM
take a tripod , for good photo opportunities you will need to get out the car a walk a little
colin beeley e2
12 1.1k 10 England
6 Jan 2013 9:20AM
a mono pod would be my choice & a good compact camera Wink
User_Removed 5 4.6k 1 Scotland
6 Jan 2013 12:42PM
If you are doing a photo-tour with any half-decent safari outfitter, they should supply virtually everything apart from the camera, lenses and memory cards.

If you are doing your own thing, then I would agree with a bean bag for car window shots and a monopod for walking shots. Do be careful when walking near wildlife though, unless you are with a guide armed with a 30-06.
JJGEE 9 6.4k 18 England
6 Jan 2013 1:22PM

Quote:they should supply virtually everything apart from the camera, lenses and memory cards.

Phase One ( PODAS ) Provide Camera / Lenses etc for loan on their workshops / holidays, but I guess the price of $4,000 for a week reflects that Wink
Kool_Kat e2
8 162 United Kingdom
6 Jan 2013 5:04PM
Thanks for your help I have been to Africa many times as my sister lived in Botswana for 21 years this will be my second Namibia trip the tripod was ok last time and the bean bag
Kool_Kat e2
8 162 United Kingdom
6 Jan 2013 5:05PM
Upps I was just wondering if there was anything better i

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.