Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Night-time wedding?.....

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    SamLS
    SamLS  8232 forum posts United Kingdom
    8 Dec 2009 - 1:31 PM

....well, not really but we're doing a wedding a few days after Christmas and the service is so late in the afternoon that by the time they come out it'll be dark. Also, our luck is that it'll rain.

The inside of the hall isn't very pretty so we're now trying to plan where / how we do the romantic pictures. Due to the weather I'd say outside pictures in the church grounds are probably a non-no.

Really don't want to use flash but it'll obviously be unavoidable, but how have you made the most of this situation?

Cheers

Sam

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    8 Dec 2009 - 1:31 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mark_delta
    8 Dec 2009 - 1:57 PM

I did a family wedding last week (distant uncle in law of bride) it was raining, quite dark and really drab, got a shoot through brolly up on a stand about 7 foot up, with a battery metz ct45 flash head and long sync cable.
    balanced it off against the hot shoe gun which was diffused, nowhere to do pictures except outside on the edge of a cricket field that's on the side of a hill.
    the shoot through gives a nice warm sunny effect to a drab day and the main gun flash is stopped down and diffused to back fill the off side
    example here (crop) of lighting technique used, not my wedding photography skills as I never do weddings other than relatives or celebrities Link:
    link

cameracat
    cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
    8 Dec 2009 - 2:53 PM

As Mark has said....!!!

Also check out this site....!

Flash is not all bad, When used correctly....Wink

jimthistle73
    8 Dec 2009 - 3:53 PM

Damn, Mark - that groom looks like he's about to headbutt you :-0

mark_delta
    8 Dec 2009 - 4:40 PM

Quote: Damn, Mark - that groom looks like he's about to headbutt you :

Yeah, no acquiring for taste ? he doesn't do smiling...

angej
    angej  9477 forum posts United Kingdom
    8 Dec 2009 - 5:01 PM

Have you thought about using the inside of the Church itself for some romantic shots should it be raining or dark outside. The walls, stained glass windows and ambient lighting should make for some nice shots.

scottishphototours

Get yourself a good tripod for your inside shots and try mixing ambient light with flash or rely solely on ambient light. You'll need to shoot in raw as the colour temps will be all over the shop - give them a mix of natural and slightly warm looking ambiemt light shots - the warm ones go down a treat....

andytvcams
    andytvcams  1110396 forum posts United Kingdom
    8 Dec 2009 - 10:00 PM

Ismm
    Quote: Get yourself a good tripod for your inside shots and try mixing ambient light with flash or rely solely on ambient light. You'll need to shoot in raw as the colour temps will be all over the shop - give them a mix of natural and slightly warm looking ambiemt light shots - the warm ones go down a treat....

I thought Sam was a professional wedding photographer ?.

SamLS
    SamLS  8232 forum posts United Kingdom
    10 Dec 2009 - 7:42 AM

Quote: I thought Sam was a professional wedding photographer ?.

Haha, depends who's asking!

I don't pay my mortgage with this (actually I don't have a mortgage but you know what I mean). Doing this for a living is slightly further off than my retirement age but that's more down to my appalling marketing skills than my abilities with the camera.

Back to your replies..

Thanks for these, some interesting thoughts here. With the technical replies I know this stuff but was looking for inspiration and thoughts on settings (scenery, not camera) when outside is too dark/cold/wet and inside has nothing going for it.

Cheers

Sam

Snapper_T
    Snapper_T e2 Member 10848 forum postsSnapper_T vcard United Kingdom
    22 Dec 2009 - 7:46 PM

I have a wedding on the 27th at 3pm, so not much ambient around for that. I'm thinking along the lines of angej, using the inside of the church, with flash and shoot thru brolly. There may be a little ambient light outside for a few too, especially if you get a good sunset.

A few ideas:
    Click
    link
    link
    link
    link

Trev

Last Modified By Snapper_T at 22 Dec 2009 - 7:51 PM
    • «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.