Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Nik Silver Efex Pro 2

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Outlander
Outlander  573 forum posts
28 Feb 2011 - 8:59 AM

Hey Folks, just a heads up if your interested,version 2 is out and you can have a 15 day trial.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
28 Feb 2011 - 8:59 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

swanseamale47
28 Feb 2011 - 9:44 AM

There have been some issues reported with slow running (mostly on windows) I have tried it but it's a LOT slower than version 1.0 on my computer. Not that impressed yet but only tried it last night.

Ian-Munro
Ian-Munro  6200 forum posts Wales15 Constructive Critique Points
28 Feb 2011 - 10:11 AM

Cheers Dave! Grin

Outlander
Outlander  573 forum posts
28 Feb 2011 - 10:44 AM

Quote: There have been some issues reported with slow running (mostly on windows) I have tried it but it's a LOT slower than version 1.0 on my computer. Not that impressed yet but only tried it last night.

I noticed this to, what i did was to tick the enable Enable GPU Drawing box.

Photoshop>edit>preferences>performance> Look for the GPU Box then tick enable GPU drawing>Advanced Settings, i choose the basic setting and all`s copacetic.

hope this helps.

Last Modified By Outlander at 28 Feb 2011 - 10:48 AM
devlin
devlin  4651 forum posts India39 Constructive Critique Points
28 Feb 2011 - 11:17 AM

seems to work alright for me...iam on Win 7 32 bit...

hollkj
hollkj e2 Member 9186 forum postshollkj vcard United Kingdom
28 Feb 2011 - 12:50 PM

works a treat on Windows 7 x64 + CS5 x64. Having not used it before I was really quite impressed.

paddyman
paddyman  566 forum posts United Kingdom
28 Feb 2011 - 3:24 PM

Any one know the difference between version 1 and version 2.....

akh
akh e2 Member 101142 forum postsakh vcard United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
28 Feb 2011 - 3:38 PM

See here
Tony

User_Removed
1 Mar 2011 - 10:20 AM

....and remember that you can use it from within Lightroom as well as from within Photoshop. (and if you want to do both you don't have to buy two copies)

User_Removed
2 Mar 2011 - 1:29 PM

....by the way, there are a couple of good webinars on Silver Efex Pro2 coming up in the next couple of weeks from Nik Software. Just remember that the timings are PST - so add 8 hours for GMT.

akh
akh e2 Member 101142 forum postsakh vcard United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
3 Mar 2011 - 11:32 AM

Webinars on the European site can be found here. Follow the link for training.
Tony

contemporary dave

Anyone here qualify for the free upgrade from V:1 to V:2? I do and as stated on the Nik website I emailed my purchase details to get the free upgrade key and they haven't responded. Anyone else had any problems?

CathyT
CathyT e2 Member 87281 forum postsCathyT vcard United Kingdom18 Constructive Critique Points
4 Mar 2011 - 4:51 PM

Yep...having the same problem...just sent them a second message.

swanseamale47
5 Mar 2011 - 11:38 AM

I'm not convinced theres enough new to justify a $99 upgrade price, thats around half of the full price of something like lightroom which does so much more, and at $199 for the full version it's pretty steep for what is essentially a B+W conversion, even if it is a good one.

contemporary dave

Quote: Yep...having the same problem...just sent them a second message.

Go to their Facebook page, kick up a fuss (as there are a few other people who are in the same boat) on the discussion board section and it will get you a result. I did that and they've just emailed me saying that I'll get the key this weekend.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.