Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Nik software

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

cmawson
cmawson  11271 forum posts United Kingdom
25 Mar 2013 - 8:35 PM

I see that Nik Software has a heavy discount on all their products in an all in one package. All 6 products for $149 as a direct download (can't seem to see an expiry date for end of the discount). Does it apear as if either Nik Software is being phased out by Google, or new software about to be released, or just competing with other software makers in a competitive market? Even their website has changed since last week.

I must admit I'm tempted.

Nik Software

Last Modified By cmawson at 25 Mar 2013 - 8:41 PM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
25 Mar 2013 - 8:35 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

russellsnr
25 Mar 2013 - 9:16 PM

Hi, I did it and used promo code DZISERWink for additional 15% off so paid only £85 or $126Grin
Russ

RobboB
RobboB e2 Member 777 forum postsRobboB vcard United Kingdom
25 Mar 2013 - 10:34 PM

I own one bit of Nik software and if I read an email correctly that I got from Nik today I can download the other plug in versions of the suite for free. Not sure what the catch is yet

cmawson
25 Mar 2013 - 10:51 PM

Thanks for the info russellsnr, if I go ahead will ty that.

RobboB, my sentiments as well. As long as it's supported for the foreseeable future, as I said earlier, I will be tempted, but not this week.

janeez
janeez e2 Member 61195 forum postsjaneez vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
25 Mar 2013 - 11:04 PM

I was considering upgrading my Color Efex Pro 3 to 4 anyway. This is very tempting as I really wanted to try the HDR programme. Shame I bought Pro 3 about 3 years ago and it cost me an arm and a leg (CD and a posh box!). They were selling Viveza, Dfine, sharpener and Silver Efex as a bundle back then for about £500!!!

psiman
psiman  10551 forum posts Wales
26 Mar 2013 - 8:36 AM

Russ,

Thanks for the heads up on the promo code, a bargain at less than £84!

Gundog
Gundog  1624 forum posts Scotland
26 Mar 2013 - 9:05 AM

Quote: I own one bit of Nik software and if I read an email correctly that I got from Nik today I can download the other plug in versions of the suite for free. Not sure what the catch is yet

There is no catch.

I got that e-mail too. The full suite downloaded free and there is no limitation on use or even a need to enter a registration key. The full suite works perfectly with both CS6 and LR4.

Previously I only had Silver Efex Pro, HDR Efex Pro and Color Efex Pro. Now I have the latest versions of those three plus the other three. Great to get something for nothing for a change.

f11digital
f11digital  1185 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
26 Mar 2013 - 11:32 AM

Waiting for my email as I bought Silver Efex Pro 2 when it was released Smile

kendor
kendor  4 England
26 Mar 2013 - 1:52 PM

I'd often thought about getting the collection. Now I have. Thanks for the tip cmawson and to Russ for the promocode

russellsnr
26 Mar 2013 - 6:15 PM

Hi, More good news for the wallet of OnOne software customers
Just got this email
As an onOne email subscriber, you have an opportunity to get the onOne product of your choice at up to *40% off

iancrowson
iancrowson e2 Member 4211 forum postsiancrowson vcard United Kingdom129 Constructive Critique Points
26 Mar 2013 - 8:35 PM

Good info, thanks

Tonyd3
Tonyd3  101009 forum posts United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
27 Mar 2013 - 9:19 AM

Wish i had read this yesterday, as i already had Color Efex Pro 4 which i bought six months ago, last night i bought all the software with a promo code of STUCKINCUSTOMS to get 15% off also.
However im going to complain that they took my money when other have it for free when i used the same email address?
Thats not good business practice if you ask me!!!

to be honest i still think its a bargin.

Last Modified By Tonyd3 at 27 Mar 2013 - 9:20 AM
akh
akh e2 Member 101142 forum postsakh vcard United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
27 Mar 2013 - 10:15 AM

Quote from Google's manager Josh Haftel:

Quote: f you previously bought any of these plugins, Google isnít going to leave you in the cold for already having dropped a lot of money. If you purchased any individual plugin within the last five years, you get the entire collection for free. If you spent more than $149 on plugins since February 22nd of this year, youíll be refunded the difference.

Maybe time to get in touch with them. Full story can be found HERE
Tony

cmawson
27 Mar 2013 - 10:24 AM

Thanks akh, that's an interesting article, & hopefully may put minds at rest.

Tonyd3
Tonyd3  101009 forum posts United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
27 Mar 2013 - 11:49 AM

Thanks a lot i will do that tonight.

cheers
Tony

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.