Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Nik software

cmawson 11 271 United Kingdom
25 Mar 2013 8:35PM
I see that Nik Software has a heavy discount on all their products in an all in one package. All 6 products for $149 as a direct download (can't seem to see an expiry date for end of the discount). Does it apear as if either Nik Software is being phased out by Google, or new software about to be released, or just competing with other software makers in a competitive market? Even their website has changed since last week.

I must admit I'm tempted.

Nik Software

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

russellsnr 10 93 United Kingdom
25 Mar 2013 9:16PM
Hi, I did it and used promo code DZISERWink for additional 15% off so paid only £85 or $126Grin
Russ
RobboB e2
8 88 United Kingdom
25 Mar 2013 10:34PM
I own one bit of Nik software and if I read an email correctly that I got from Nik today I can download the other plug in versions of the suite for free. Not sure what the catch is yet
25 Mar 2013 10:51PM
Thanks for the info russellsnr, if I go ahead will ty that.

RobboB, my sentiments as well. As long as it's supported for the foreseeable future, as I said earlier, I will be tempted, but not this week.
janeez e2
6 1.2k 8 United Kingdom
25 Mar 2013 11:04PM
I was considering upgrading my Color Efex Pro 3 to 4 anyway. This is very tempting as I really wanted to try the HDR programme. Shame I bought Pro 3 about 3 years ago and it cost me an arm and a leg (CD and a posh box!). They were selling Viveza, Dfine, sharpener and Silver Efex as a bundle back then for about £500!!!
psiman 11 551 Wales
26 Mar 2013 8:36AM
Russ,

Thanks for the heads up on the promo code, a bargain at less than £84!
Gundog 1 624 Scotland
26 Mar 2013 9:05AM

Quote:I own one bit of Nik software and if I read an email correctly that I got from Nik today I can download the other plug in versions of the suite for free. Not sure what the catch is yet

There is no catch.

I got that e-mail too. The full suite downloaded free and there is no limitation on use or even a need to enter a registration key. The full suite works perfectly with both CS6 and LR4.

Previously I only had Silver Efex Pro, HDR Efex Pro and Color Efex Pro. Now I have the latest versions of those three plus the other three. Great to get something for nothing for a change.
f11digital 11 98 1 United Kingdom
26 Mar 2013 11:32AM
Waiting for my email as I bought Silver Efex Pro 2 when it was released Smile
kendor 4 6 England
26 Mar 2013 1:52PM
I'd often thought about getting the collection. Now I have. Thanks for the tip cmawson and to Russ for the promocode
russellsnr 10 93 United Kingdom
26 Mar 2013 6:15PM
Hi, More good news for the wallet of OnOne software customers
Just got this email
As an onOne email subscriber, you have an opportunity to get the onOne product of your choice at up to *40% off
iancrowson e2
4 211 129 United Kingdom
26 Mar 2013 8:35PM
Good info, thanks
Tonyd3 10 1.0k 15 United Kingdom
27 Mar 2013 9:19AM
Wish i had read this yesterday, as i already had Color Efex Pro 4 which i bought six months ago, last night i bought all the software with a promo code of STUCKINCUSTOMS to get 15% off also.
However im going to complain that they took my money when other have it for free when i used the same email address?
Thats not good business practice if you ask me!!!

to be honest i still think its a bargin.
akh e2
10 1.1k 5 United Kingdom
27 Mar 2013 10:15AM
Quote from Google's manager Josh Haftel:

Quote:f you previously bought any of these plugins, Google isnít going to leave you in the cold for already having dropped a lot of money. If you purchased any individual plugin within the last five years, you get the entire collection for free. If you spent more than $149 on plugins since February 22nd of this year, youíll be refunded the difference.

Maybe time to get in touch with them. Full story can be found HERE
Tony
27 Mar 2013 10:24AM
Thanks akh, that's an interesting article, & hopefully may put minds at rest.
Tonyd3 10 1.0k 15 United Kingdom
27 Mar 2013 11:49AM
Thanks a lot i will do that tonight.

cheers
Tony

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.