Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Nikon, Friends of Wildlife Photography ?

Phoenix 13 1.9k
2 Apr 2013 6:34PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

puertouk 3 1.1k 17 United Kingdom
2 Apr 2013 7:12PM
Well, if you are into wildlife as I suspect most people are, buy a different brand the next time you change a camera or lens. I´m sure Nikon will get the message.
Jestertheclown 6 6.6k 242 England
2 Apr 2013 7:36PM
I doubt it Stephen.
Nikon is a business, after all.
Producing scopes for rifles must be a pretty small part of Nikon's operation whilst Nikon themselves are, I believe, a small part of a much larger concern (Mitsubishi?).
A very few newcomers who've yet to choose a camera might be swayed perhaps but those of us that already use Nikon gear are hardly likely to bin it all and replace it with another manufacturer's version because of this.
Phoenix 13 1.9k
2 Apr 2013 8:23PM
Not suggesting anyone should bin their gear and buy another brand, just highlighting the hypocrisy of a company that claims to be “at the heart of nature”.

Though to be fair, if we searched hard enough I'm sure we could all find stories highlighting the hypocrisy of other brands too, it's jiust that this one caught my eye in today's i newspaper
mikehit e2
5 7.1k 11 United Kingdom
2 Apr 2013 9:39PM
I seem to remember this comign up about this time last year as well.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.